Looking for some mfp mommy friends!

Options
We all know it's hard to lose wight after having children, looking for some other moms to relate to to add to my friends on mfp :) I am fairly new to the site and haven't used it very much yet. Not really very fun to log into if you don't have friends to motivate you ya know? When I joined this site my baby was only about 4 or 5 months old...I had lost all of my baby weight while breastfeeding, plus some 5 or 10 lbs totaling 30 to 35 lbs lost..I was almost down to my goal weight! since stopping breastfeeding when my son was 6 months old I have gained 12 lbs back! I really wanna lose this! I have three children ages 7, 3 1/2, and 1.

Replies

• wendydav3
    wendydav3 Posts: 55
    Options
    Hi, I don't have small children any more mine is 13, but I still have the pounds from him being small (lol). Feel free to add me. And good luck :-)
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Hi! My daughter is 3, and I gained back 20 pounds of the 40 I'd lost (through WW) before getting pregnant. The really frustrating thing was that I kept the weight off throughout the pregnancy, and even lost a little more while on maternity leave from work, but used the stress of going back to work while still breastfeeding as a "reason" for eating well beyond reasonable calories.

Anyway, it's been 3 years since then, and those 20 pounds I gained back are still with me. I need to lose those 20 plus another 20 to get to a weight that is considered "healthy" for my frame.

I sure could use the support from other moms of young kids, as I know we all deal with a lack of time to ourselves - when on earth am I supposed to get exercise in, when I can barely squeeze in a shower!? Creativity is going to be key to including fitness in my weight loss plan...
  • amallia921
    amallia921 Posts: 51
    Options
    I am still struggling to lose baby weight from my second baby girl and she will be 1 next month..
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    My babies are 12 and 9....you can add me :)
  • jbarlow715
    jbarlow715 Posts: 13
    Options
    Please add me too. I am in the same situation. I was overweight before getting pregnant. I had finally started losing when I got pregnant. I’m at my heaviest now, and my son is turning 1 next month. I also need that extra motivation to log on.
  • momeeoftwo
    Options
    My son is 14 months. I lost ALL the baby weight almost immediately after having him. About 5 months later starting rapidly gaining weight back. I'm now almost 30lbs heavier (heavier than when I gave birth). I am a very picky eater, so this is going to be a long road to get adjusted to being HEALTHY. Its so hard to make time to exercise when you have 2 young kids, a full time job, and a house to take care of! Trying really hard to make this change but definitely need some motivation and support!
  • Crystal43s
    Crystal43s Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am a mommy too! My daughter is 7, and while I lost all the weight plus some, I gained it all back, plus a bit. I weigh more now, than right after I delivered her. But I am working hard at losing it. So feel free to add me :-)
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I am the mommy of three children ages 10, 7 and 4. After the first 2 births I was able to pretty much get back to where I started. After the third, it wasn't so easy. Its been a struggle to lose the last 10-12 lbs and of course they are all sitting right on my belly. I decided now is the time to get back to me. Feel free to add me, anyone! I love to motivate others and of course I need some motivation sometimes too.
  • elliespencr78
    elliespencr78 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am a mommy of a very active 1 1/2 yr old! I gained almost 80 pounds during my pregnancy and now I am finally lower than what I was when I got pregnant but I still have 15 lbs to go so I love motivation and giving motivation! So please add me!
    Mommy of Trais,
    Ellie
  • Firewife18
    Firewife18 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i am in the same situation i have 2 small children and am trying to lose weight but its hard to. add me if u want and we could help each other.
  • heatherallen1020
    Options
    Hi, I have 5 children 11,9,7,5 and 3.. I totally understand what you are talking about feel free to add me
  • rindakay78
    Options
    Hey I have 3 children ages 11, 7, & 5! It can be really tough bouncing back after childbirth! I know how you feel all too well! Feel free to add me if you'd like! That's for anyone reading this! I could use ALL the motivation I can get!!! :smile:
  • jamie_maddox
    jamie_maddox Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am a mama to 2 little ones - ages 4 and 2. Please feel free to add me!
  • shirin8
    shirin8 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi there, feel free to add me. I have 3 kids (3, 22 months, 8 months) and am still breastfeeding but trying to lose the weight (down 42lbs since birth/11 lbs since starting MFP).
  • xxxaxlroseloverxxx
    Options
    my daughter is 14 months old now. i have a lot of weight to drop. feel free to add me :) x
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    my kids r 3 and 2 feel free to add me if you want
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    hi there! I am a single mom of a 9 year old daughter who turns 10 in August
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I'm married and a mommy of 3 ( ages 5, 4, and 1 ) I'm at goal weight..took me almost a year but add me if you'd
    Iike...working on toning the mommy belly now.
  • cOOkieLpX
    cOOkieLpX Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You can add me..I have an 8 yr old and 5 yr old.
  • MandiB79
    MandiB79 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi! My boys are 7 & 3, and I can relate to the mama-hood weight- they are worth it, but you are worth it too! :)

Feel free to add!