Running outside vs. on a treadmill

13»

Replies

• I like both. I have a treadmill at home and when I use it I usually pop a dvd in and watch something that's as long as what I want to work out for. I live in Florida, so running outside this time of year is absolute torture, but on a good, windy day, I prefer to go outside and enjoy the weather.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    I cannot believe I am even in a position to comment on this thread but I have just discovered running. I love running outside. I run through a woody trail in the mountains and I love every minute. I couldn't ever go back to the confines of a Gym. I don't even mind running in the rain or snow. I hate the idea that in less than 6 months all of my trails will be closed due to snow. Eugh.
  • Spudeata
    Spudeata Posts: 100 Member
    Both are good for varies reasons but I believe running outside is better for you in long run...ha ha ha 'long run' ok but seriously everything I have read and experienced running outside is better.

^ This - also some people need the security of having a treadmill in their home, they aren't confident outside, from my point of view any walking or running is good whether it is on a treadmill or outside
  • beccci91
    beccci91 Posts: 213 Member
    I cannot believe I am even in a position to comment on this thread but I have just discovered running. I love running outside. I run through a woody trail in the mountains and I love every minute. I couldn't ever go back to the confines of a Gym. I don't even mind running in the rain or snow. I hate the idea that in less than 6 months all of my trails will be closed due to snow. Eugh.

Me too, haha. Who would have known that I'd be a runner now?! lol
  • Thomas8260
    Thomas8260 Posts: 8 Member
    If you can find a 1/2 hour TV program you are interested in it goes quickly. I like the discovery channel, man vs food or hot rod shows. Plus, you never have to worry about rain or getting run over by some crazy driver! LOL