What is Your Best Kept Fat/Calorie-Blasting Exercise??

Options
Howdy ho all!

Unless you are a workout junky, I think we can all agree that no one likes to be in the gym for hours sweating and panting just to burn those few hundred calories. SO... I think it would be nice if people could share the workouts that they have found to burn the most amount of calories in the shortest amount of time!!

~Tasha~

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Full body calisthenics circuits on a suspension trainer.
  • tyoung8
    tyoung8 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I usually jog/power walk for 30 min. Then do 15 minutes of jumping rope POW 500 calories burned (via HRM)

I also walk up and down 18 flights of stairs at least once a day at work which burns an additional 100 calories
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Step aerobics - low impact, but still high intensity.
  • Natashia524
    Natashia524 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've heard circuits are the best way to go! What is a suspension trainer??

I had knee surgery a little while ago so IDK about the jump ropes but I'm definitely going to get on that when my body feels up to it!

I just started doing the step classes at my gym and I love it! Yeah I can burn around 600 calories just in that class.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Heavy load squats!
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Running. But, I think 90% of this is diet.
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Best thing that I have found so far that works for ME is putting the treadmill at 4-4.3mph and at 10-15 incline. 175 calories in 15 minutes.... Doesnt seem like alot but for how much I eat, burning 300-500 calories a day is enough.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I can't do this anymore...because I am in a bigger gym...

but my favorite best kept Fat/Calorie-Blasting Exercise

Was running Sprints inbetween all my Lift sets on the treadmill for 60 to 90 secs
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Squats, deadlifts, and intervals. But this is no secret.
  • Beewallows
    Beewallows Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Insanity! Or bootcamp classes
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've heard circuits are the best way to go! What is a suspension trainer??

I had knee surgery a little while ago so IDK about the jump ropes but I'm definitely going to get on that when my body feels up to it!

I just started doing the step classes at my gym and I love it! Yeah I can burn around 600 calories just in that class.

A suspension trainer is a simple device that lets you do a wide variety of bodyweight exercises while being able to adjust the difficulty based on your fitness level. It also allows you to do exercises you normally wouldn't. Google the TRX. That's not the one I have, but it's similar.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Howdy ho all!
    I ain't a ho. :angry:
  • Natashia524
    Options

A suspension trainer is a simple device that lets you do a wide variety of bodyweight exercises while being able to adjust the difficulty based on your fitness level. It also allows you to do exercises you normally wouldn't. Google the TRX. That's not the one I have, but it's similar.

Thanks! I'll do that.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    My biggest BLASTING exercise comes from taking Alli and doing Ab Ripper X. Beware the blasting!
  • Natashia524
    Options
    Howdy ho all!
    I ain't a ho. :angry:

LOLOL. My apologies!!
  • Natashia524
    Options
    Insanity! Or bootcamp classes

Yeah, I have Insanity. I had knee surgery a little while ago so I'm not quite ready for that just yet!! Lol
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo
  • ShanniLee
    ShanniLee Posts: 69
    Options
    I also walk up and down 18 flights of stairs at least once a day at work which burns an additional 100 calories

I do 9 flights a day and it sure feels like it should be more than 100 calories lol
  • hornman333
    hornman333 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I jump rope (50 times) rest for 1 minute, Do this 5 times. Next, I do 100 situps (not all at once) rest when needed. Last I use the Eliptical Trainer for 30 minutes (try adding resistance to increase effort). Check out the amt. of calories this workout does for you.
  • Natashia524
    Options
    Running. But, I think 90% of this is diet.

Yeah I've heard that it's 80% diet and 20% workout. That was quite shocking to me when I learned about it but I am a witness that it's true. I lost most of my weight while on crutches after a knee surgery. Changing my food intake was definitely the key to jumpstart it all!!