200+ group!!!!! (week 1)

Options
Hey everyone!! My name is Heather. I am tired of feeling so out of place for being fat, always thinking someone is gonna make a rude comment to me about my weight,I just need a change! I want this to be more than just a holiday goal, though i think starting with thanksgiving is a good marker.
My goal is to lose 10 pounds by thanksgiving which is a little over a month away. If you want to change then join if not, do whats best for you. whatever you choose i wish you best of luck!!

I was thinking to do weigh ins on Fridays? sound good?

current weight: 226 (last time i checked)
Weight by thanksgiving: 216

Come on guys we can do this!! :flowerforyou: :happy:

Replies

• slimmingmom
    Options
    I would love to join!!! And I weigh 226...last time I checked, lol. I was actually sick one day and didn't keep much down and weighed the next day and was down to 226 from 228.5 so the higher number is more of my true weight than the 226 I beleive! And Fridays are good! I weigh in on Tuesdays becuase of Biggest Loser but I like to weigh in two times/week so I'll do Fridays instead of Satudays!
  • GreenDayChick820
    Options
    I'm with ya. I'm sick and tired of feeling fat and having no energy to keep up with my kids. Whats funny is that we are the same weight :flowerforyou:

Fridays sound good. But how long of a workout do you want to do? and how often?
    I was thinking 45 minute workout 5 times a week. sound good?

p.s. lets hope we can avoid the holiday temptations:wink:
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm 174 right now. I would like to just be 169!
  • la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I started APRIL 1ST at 205 lbs and now am at 155 lbs. I did not set goal dates because it was all new to me and I did not want to fail. This worked well for me. Never weigh in on Mondays.
  • zombiebullet
    Options
    Hey Heather
    Can guys join too??If so i would love to join!!
    I'm 283
  • HeaterM
    HeaterM Posts: 275
    Options
    :) thank you guys for being with me! I'm new with the whole starting this so i was hoping it would be an "our" thing not "mine"! About the work outs, I usuall go to the ymca once in a blue moon lol. Is there a certain type of work out that you guys wanted to try all together to see if we would get better results. It whatever you want. the the 45 min 5 days a week sounds good to me! how bout you guys? Be honest this is yours too:happy:
  • HeaterM
    Options
    Hey Heather
    Can guys join too??If so i would love to join!!
    I'm 283

Of course you can join!! everyone is welcome :)
  • HeaterM
    Options
    You can do it! I started APRIL 1ST at 205 lbs and now am at 155 lbs. I did not set goal dates because it was all new to me and I did not want to fail. This worked well for me. Never weigh in on Mondays.

Yeah i get what you mean about the goal dates but i guess it makes me feel as if im actually gonna try.
  • missbabybee
    Options
    :happy:
  • zombiebullet
    Options
    I do 30 minutes on a treadmill at a rate of 3.5
    Then the stationary bicycle for 10 minutes
    and nautilus for 20 minutes alternating workouts.
  • HeaterM
    Options
    I do 30 minutes on a treadmill at a rate of 3.5
    Then the stationary bicycle for 10 minutes
    and nautilus for 20 minutes alternating workouts.

thats alot more than i usually do! I usually do 10min on a treadmill at 4.0
    5 min on ellipticlas ( sorry really bad spelling lol:blushing: )
    then weight lifting
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Hey guys! I'd love to join your group if you don't mind :bigsmile: This is my third official week here and I have a lot left to lose unfortunately :blushing:
  • HeaterM
    Options
    It doesnt matter how much you have left, all that matters is your trying and look how far you gotten already!
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Thanks!! So weigh ins on Fridays and any other goals? Maybe set weekly goals like week 1 drink all our water for the week, and add in something in new every week while maintaining the previous goal?
  • HeaterM
    Options
    Thanks!! So weigh ins on Fridays and any other goals? Maybe set weekly goals like week 1 drink all our water for the week, and add in something in new every week while maintaining the previous goal?

I like that idea! anyone else agree? and are there any idea's for week 2?
  • fluffy21
    Options
    I'd like to join too!
    I'm 228 as of this morning ...
    not sure if we're supposed to put our workout regime but....

I usually do 50 minutes on the elliptical at a 7 and 9 alternating and then weights
  • dldodson75
    Options
    Hi all :happy: I would like to join this thread. Fridays sound great for weigh ins. Would anyone like to check in every other day?? They wont be big drops on the scale but itll push the accountability button just a little :wink: I just joined the site last Thursday and am looking for friends support and motivation. Would love to see workout challenges. Ive lost weight in the past and have finally figured out that I need to continue working out and watching what I eat or it all just comes right back and very fast!! Im just getting back into the grove of workouts and due to a shoulder injury cant do weights just yet.
    SW- 248 (10-22-09)
    CW-244 (10-25-09)
  • kyleefreeman
    kyleefreeman Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey All, I would love to join, I am currently 206.5 I was supposed to be at 200 by Halloween, but I had a rough couple of weeks, I am off to a new start as of today and am looking to be at or under 195LBS by Thanksgiving. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

253659.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • HeaterM
    Options
    Hi all :happy: I would like to join this thread. Fridays sound great for weigh ins. Would anyone like to check in every other day?? They wont be big drops on the scale but itll push the accountability button just a little :wink: I just joined the site last Thursday and am looking for friends support and motivation. Would love to see workout challenges. Ive lost weight in the past and have finally figured out that I need to continue working out and watching what I eat or it all just comes right back and very fast!! Im just getting back into the grove of workouts and due to a shoulder injury cant do weights just yet.
    SW- 248 (10-22-09)
    CW-244 (10-25-09)

I might be able to do everyother day. my scale is not the best but I could go weigh my self on that and use it instead of the doctors!
  • dldodson75
    Options
    Howdy all :smile: Still enjoying the fresh start drop in numbers, water or whatever it is dropping off :drinker: Seen someone else also weighs is on Tuesdays, that sounds great Tuesday is usually one of my days off work and thats when I usually have problems get bored or whatever & find it easier to slip up :grumble: Personally think Im going to do Sundays, Tuesdays, and Fridays. Accountability :wink: . Anyone have any workout challenges?? Ive been doing 30-45 minutes of walking each day and cant wait to step it up. Its been around town, which in small town WV its a pretty good WO up hill and down all the way :noway: Anyone having trouble cutting back carbs and getting plenty of protein?? At times I have trouble with carbs, and havent figured that one out yet because what I take in seems to be "good" carbs. Always have had trouble getting enough protein in. Found Jillians Natural Whey Protein Powder at WalMart the other day and decided to give it a shot. Its only 100cals 7carbs 2fat and 15protein, Ive been adding it to skim milk and blending it in mini drink blender. Flavor wise its not as bad as other protein shakes Ive tried, be nice if it had a stronger chocolate flavor :happy: But anyhow been enjoying one a day after working out and it really helps boost my protein #s :bigsmile:
    SW- 248 (10-22-09)
    CW-242 (10-27-09)
    GW-170