If Everyday Were Like Today, You Would Weigh....

Options

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I just checked mine today and it is pretty accurate to within a half pound.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I ignore it.
  • babycook
    babycook Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Put it this way...since October it has never happened.
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I guess I see it as kind of a neat little fact and take it with a grain-of-salt. I have not tested it that closely yet, but then people have cautioned me in the past, in other things, to not look too close at the score. I believe if you follow through with, and keep focused on the proper form and attitude then I believe the "good" score will follow. (In this case weight loss and good nutrition). We may stray a bit on this journey, and the road might be bumpy, but with freinds to pull us back and a bit of motivation and prayer we are sure to meet our goals.

Journey on...

Peace,

JAC
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    It used to be when I was first losing but now not so much, of course my days are a lot more varied calorie wise now than they used to be. *shrug* The scale is still moving, just much slower. But the compliments are rolling in faster so I'm okay with the trade off.
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    If mine were to be true, I would be at my goal weight already. I just kind of ignore it now.
    Like today, it said I should be 176 in 5 weeks. If that happens? AWESOME. But I'm not gonna be disappointed if it doesn't.
  • nailqueen74
    nailqueen74 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think mine is accurate for the most part. One day it told me I needed to eat more so I did and I gained almost 2 pounds overnight! I was not impressed. I don't pay too much attention to the "you need to eat more," if I am full, I am full.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    How does it calculate the calories you burn at rest?
  • riskiestlavonn
    riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Doesn't work but sure is motivational for me

I would say this. :-)
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    No, its a real disappointment, not realistic, pisses me off:)
  • picimadar
    picimadar Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I think it probably depends on what deficit you're in and whether or not you actually weigh and track everything you eat. For months mine was 'wrong', because I was eating **** and not tracking closely enough, nor in a big deficit. Now I'm about -800 cals a day, and eat so extremely cleanly that it's impossible to NOT know what I'm eating.

At the rate I'm going it says I will weigh 134.5lb in 5 weeks. I lost almost 7lb (including water weight) last week, so I know that it's correct.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It says if everyday were like today. Every day is NOT like today. OP, I looked at your diary and it is nowhere near the same every day. Why would you think this applies to you?
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I wish I could turn it off... It pisses me off. Lol
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I personally find it amusing .... doesn't bother me much but at times when I go way over reminds me that my 40 pounds that I've lost could very well come back
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I dont even bother clicking complete anymore. Its still saves my logs and I dont have to see that annoying msg anymore lol
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Always accurate within a pound for me.
  • fanakar
    fanakar Posts: 23
    Options
    I think it's only accurate at high weights for people who have a lot to lose. There are some weeks I don't lose anything and then the next week a pound a day. But by the end of 5 weeks , I'm magically where it said I would be.
  • newfette81
    newfette81 Posts: 185
    Options
    I get a chuckle our of it... especially when it tells me I'm gonna lose 15 pounds in 5 weeks

as much as I'd love that I know my body and my near non existent metabolism and that aint gonna happen
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I've never been accused of being normal...just saying lol
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    My first goal was almost 100% accurate.

Here is what I did, when I got that message I put the projected weight in my calendar 5 weeks away.

Every day I made a point of it saying that goal weight or lighter. If it was too high I did some cardio or whatever to burn the excess.

I literally just squeaked in by a 1/2 pound lighter than the goal.

I am finding it more difficult to do this time around.