Failure of a day.

Options
I'm so frustrated.
I got my period yesterday, and whenever I'm on my period, I swear my hormones go crazy and I'm just so hungry. I held off yesterday but today I ate 1700 calories (not quite all of my exercise calories but almost) :( I've been doing so good staying at 1200. I know one bad day won't ruin everything, but right now that's how it feels. Plus I've had terrible cramps and they are killing my motivation to exercise.
Any girls out there with advice/help for period dieting?

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You ate less than you were supposed to. How do you call that a bad day? It's a really bad idea to eat 1200 total if you're exercising. Of course you're getting hungry. Give your body some fuel.
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I feel like that right now too! I just want to enjoy a nice big plate of chips and cheese. Sigh. But yes, one day won't ruin everything, keep your head high!!
    P.S. you didn't go over though if you have exercise calories left :smile:
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You ate less than you were supposed to. How do you call that a bad day? It's a really bad idea to eat 1200 total if you're exercising. Of course you're getting hungry. Give your body some fuel.

this ^
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you've had one good day if you've eaten all the calories recommended (daily allowance plus exercise) and not gone too far over. Perfect. Now do that every day and you should feel great and lose weight!
  • journeyjessi
    Options

Aside from intentional exercise, I have an extremely sedentary desk job. That's why I've kept my calories so low. And the day was okay until I started snacking like crazy and ended up eating way too many carbs. It's just somewhat frustrating.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    As soon as you feel your period coming on, start taking Ibuprofen like the bottle says, then when it comes you can keep aking the ibuprofen but I switch to naproxin, I'll take one in the morning and one at night. This past period for me was AWESOME =) Didn't hurt at all and usually I am a big baby balled up with a hot water bottle for about 36-48 hours. I did take it easier with exercise.. I used the treadmill but didn't do much other exercise. Whoever gave me the advice about tampons.. good advice. Use one.
  • journeyjessi
    Options
    As soon as you feel your period coming on, start taking Ibuprofen like the bottle says, then when it comes you can keep aking the ibuprofen but I switch to naproxin, I'll take one in the morning and one at night. This past period for me was AWESOME =) Didn't hurt at all and usually I am a big baby balled up with a hot water bottle for about 36-48 hours. I did take it easier with exercise.. I used the treadmill but didn't do much other exercise. Whoever gave me the advice about tampons.. good advice. Use one.

I did take some ibuprofen today, which normally works but for some reason my cramps were just brutal. Good advice on the tampons, I'll do that tomorrow.
  • aralis36
    aralis36 Posts: 20
    Options
    I had a bad day today(ate crappy) and I totally know how you feel. I get so bloated and hold so much water during that time...then I get these cravings and am hungry all the time. I gain 2-3 lbs of water weight and I just feel so fat. Then I have no motivation to do anything and get even more tired than usual due to my MS and PMS. It sucks.

Also I always get cramps..the last thing I wanna do is exercise when I am feeling all crampy!
  • journeyjessi
    Options
    I had a bad day today(ate crappy) and I totally know how you feel. I get so bloated and hold so much water during that time...then I get these cravings and am hungry all the time. I gain 2-3 lbs of water weight and I just feel so fat. Then I have no motivation to do anything and get even more tired than usual due to my MS and PMS. It sucks.

word.
  • merew19
    merew19 Posts: 21
    Options

Aside from intentional exercise, I have an extremely sedentary desk job. That's why I've kept my calories so low. And the day was okay until I started snacking like crazy and ended up eating way too many carbs. It's just somewhat frustrating.

Carbs are the #1 craving when it's "that time" so completely understandable. Don't beat yourself up, you didn't go that far over in calories from what it sounds like. AND for every 2 steps forward you are allowed 1 step back here and there. Consider this just your one step back...so technically your still one step forward :) LOL :)

Also, I take a all natural carb inhibitor when I do eat too many carbs it helps disolve the fat by 40% so I don't feel AS BAD - LOL :)