:happy:

iojoi
iojoi Posts: 378 Member
Now i know my little achievement seems a tad small in relation to those joggin or pumping wieghts every day but i do feel so motivated at the mo largely down to this website... that i have set up a home gym in the garage and i try to get out there at least 3 times a week though i do the abtrainer most days if i can ?

i was so pleased to have managed 15 mins on the bike today
the reason being is i have fybromyalgia and chronic fatigue so i have to pace myself to build up my stamina and my calfs & muscles burn like i worked out for hrs as i exercise and elbows are especially painful ..

With all the above in mind i really wanted to get a more cardio work out than just the gazelle glider . Keeping in mind when i started 6 weeks ago I could only manage 2/3 mins without tears anyhow last week I got it up to 5 mins then at the weekend i managed 7 mins and today i went straight to 15 which is a miracle. ..

so I am feeling really pleased with myself because as a youngster I was active and i miss that ... Anyhow I wanted to share it and hope that encourages anyone else in my situation to keep at it and set ur own personal goals because they are just as important and anyone elses ...

Replies

• iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Now i know my little achievement seems a tad small in relation to those joggin or pumping wieghts every day but i do feel so motivated at the mo largely down to this website... that i have set up a home gym in the garage and i try to get out there at least 3 times a week though i do the abtrainer most days if i can ?

i was so pleased to have managed 15 mins on the bike today
    the reason being is i have fybromyalgia and chronic fatigue so i have to pace myself to build up my stamina and my calfs & muscles burn like i worked out for hrs as i exercise and elbows are especially painful ..

With all the above in mind i really wanted to get a more cardio work out than just the gazelle glider . Keeping in mind when i started 6 weeks ago I could only manage 2/3 mins without tears anyhow last week I got it up to 5 mins then at the weekend i managed 7 mins and today i went straight to 15 which is a miracle. ..

so I am feeling really pleased with myself because as a youngster I was active and i miss that ... Anyhow I wanted to share it and hope that encourages anyone else in my situation to keep at it and set ur own personal goals because they are just as important and anyone elses ...
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Great job! Great achievement! :flowerforyou:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    congrats! I am happy for you. :flowerforyou:
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    Great job!!!!!!!!! What an accomplishment. I admire your strength to stick with it.:smile:
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Well done! Keep it up! :happy:
  • bethany_burns
    bethany_burns Posts: 22 Member
    That is fantastic! For anyone this is a huge achievement, but for someone with your condition it's huge!! CONGRATULATIONS!
  • debbz40
    debbz40 Posts: 12
    Keep up the great work!:flowerforyou:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    That is awesome!!! Bless you for keeping at it when it causes so much pain! :flowerforyou:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    You are extremely encouraging keep it up. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • :smile: I have my aches and pains (lupus & osteoarthritis but it can't compare to what you have to go through everyday.

Today was quite an accomplishment.

Congrats! :drinker: