PUT YOUR HANDS UP & STEP AWAY FROM THE…

Options
Am I the only one who struggles to weigh myself once a week? I hate to say it but it seems like I’m addicted to the scale. I wanted to have everyone who’s struggling with the same problem that I have to come together so we can all fight to scale. I wanted to start a little group or something similar. Would anyone be interested?

Replies

• Aphroditee
    Aphroditee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I used to fight it really bad. I'd weight myself like three times a day :$ but I live with my grandmother so she puts the scale in her room and that way it's not always in the way. So once I week I'll weight myself and it's always sundays! Haha, so she knows.
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day, in the morning. A lot of people on here do....it just depends how worried you get about the water fluctuations. They don't stress me out, and I like being able to look back and see how I was eating, and make sure I stay on track.

I'm travelling for work next week and feeling anxious about not having access to my scale though. Is it wrong, that I'm seriously considering packing it in my suitcase??
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day to hold myself accountable for my choices. It helps me to see the motivation.

I don't find it to be an issue.
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I confess that I weigh myself every day. At first, it freaked me out, but now I do like to see what happens from day to day.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I weight myself everyday and keep a log...I can tell when I eat something I shouldn't . The weight goes up....other wise down, or stays the same.
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day, in the morning. A lot of people on here do....it just depends how worried you get about the water fluctuations. They don't stress me out, and I like being able to look back and see how I was eating, and make sure I stay on track.

I'm travelling for work next week and feeling anxious about not having access to my scale though. Is it wrong, that I'm seriously considering packing it in my suitcase??
    I think that's adorable, actually :-P

I weigh myself *almost* every day (just once), also. The little fluctuations just hold me accountable, but when I'm doing well, it does trend down. So that's nice to see.
  • chamilton911
    Options

Taking the scale with you may be a wee bit too much. Just trust your instincts, you have been doing great, don't sway from what you normally do and if you do, not so overboard. I think the scale can skip out on your vacation. It might be just the break you need!
  • xyril
    xyril Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every morning to make sure I'm on the right track. It used to drive me crazy but now it's a check to make sure im going in the right direction.
  • SmallBodyBigHeart
    Options
    So weighting yourself everyday isn't a bad thing?
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I weigh multiple times a day (though I only record once). Mostly I think it's fascinating to watch my weight fluctuate throughout the day. I figure its fine as long as I'm not panicking that eating lunch increases the scale reading. :)
  • dickster1961
    dickster1961 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, though sometimes it gets a little frustrating when you know you had a good day the previous day by eating all the right foods and staying under your goal only to see an extra pound show up. I know it is just a fluctuation, but it gets discouraging all the same.
  • cyn4him
    cyn4him Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. I fought it like crazy until someone brought something to my attention. If you weigh yourself daily then you know it fluctuates due to water weight... mine could be 4 pounds different from one day to the next. But I can log and see I trend. Lets say I only weight once a week..... and last Friday was a low or average day.. and then this Friday is a high Day.... how terrible would I feel. I think if you can understand fluctuation is normal there is nothing wrong with daily. Just don't beat yourself up on the "bad" days...
    And so many things can affect water.... calories, lack of sleep, sodium, tough workouts, time of month. I track daily....
    Someone put this on another thread. I love it...
    https://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/HackDiet
  • lputman71
    lputman71 Posts: 6
    Options
    I despise the scale, so I have absolutely no problem only weighing once weekly. I have been traumatized by weight related issues for many years and just don't like to weigh.
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I was weighing myself everyday but got frustrated and wanted to take a hammer to my scale. So now I only weigh in once a week. Saturday mornings before my cheat meal. Yes I have a cheat meal every week.
    This week is a recipe handed down in my family since WW1. It's a poor man's spaghetti. Made with spaghetti (of course), bacon, and ketchup. I know it sounds weird but it doesn't taste like ketchup after you mix it all together. (I like it best with Maple Bacon)
    My great grandmother came up with it when that was the only things they had left in the refrigerator.