0 Calorie everyday alternatives!

Options
I admit it, I am a junk food junkie! I know what the results are from this diet, obesity ... Plain and simple, I'm living proof! We all share things in common if you are reading this post, 1. we have extra weight to lose and 2. we have taken the first step to cure this, right? That being said, I have a little help that I wish I would have had a month ago when I first started this healthy eating. Ready? Here it is, when you search for your food on MFP, type in "Walden Farms". They have a huge amount of products with 0 calories! Even "peanut spread", not bad, especially when peanut butter is 190 cal. for 2 tablespoons, right? They have dressings, chocolate , strawberry, maple syrup.., slaw sauce, all kinds of stuff! I found some stuff at Walmart.. Do the search on MFP then go find it in the grocery store, save some calories! Hope this helps!

Replies

• tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i'm def gonna go to Walmart thanks 4 sharing
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    0 calories ? working a labelling loophole or chemical crap. Not a food.
  • snowchj
    snowchj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I admit it, I am a junk food junkie! I know what the results are from this diet, obesity ... Plain and simple, I'm living proof! We all share things in common if you are reading this post, 1. we have extra weight to lose and 2. we have taken the first step to cure this, right? That being said, I have a little help that I wish I would have had a month ago when I first started this healthy eating. Ready? Here it is, when you search for your food on MFP, type in "Walden Farms". They have a huge amount of products with 0 calories! Even "peanut spread", not bad, especially when peanut butter is 190 cal. for 2 tablespoons, right? They have dressings, chocolate , strawberry, maple syrup.., slaw sauce, all kinds of stuff! I found some stuff at Walmart.. Do the search on MFP then go find it in the grocery store, save some calories! Hope this helps!

You've got to respect this guy's enthusiasm, but please people, do not eat this stuff. It is not food.

The alternative to peanut butter is not chemicals, it is less peanut butter.
  • BlooQKazoo
    BlooQKazoo Posts: 56
    Options
    Except it all tastes terrible. Believe me, the peanut butter doesn't taste like peanut butter at all.
  • karielg
    karielg Posts: 10
    Options
    I need some 0 calorie snacks! Thanks for the info....going to check them out tomorrow!
  • neverlost
    neverlost Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    http://www.waldenfarms.com/nutrition_facts.html#

http://www.waldenfarms.com/

Can even be ordered online. I wonder how it tastes.
  • Bleachedgorgon
    Options
    pickles!
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I would rather budget my calories for real food.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    What exactly is in 0 calorie peanut spread?
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I would rather budget my calories for real food.

Completely agree
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options

You've got to respect this guy's enthusiasm, but please people, do not eat this stuff. It is not food.

The alternative to peanut butter is not chemicals, it is less peanut butter.

Real food = healthy body! :)
  • SabKab16
    SabKab16 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Give this guy some credit. He's just trying to help. I don't think I'd trust this 0 calorie stuff, but thank you for taking the time to post it... for people who are interested.

Good luck on your weight loss journey =)
  • creativephoenix
    creativephoenix Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would be concerned as to what they replace it with to get the 'flavor' and 'consistency' of peanut butter without real peanut butter. Flavored water? Funky Chemicals?

Ok, so I checked their site and it looks kinda interesting, though maybe not as a replacement all the time. Basically they use water, concentrated flavor extracts, a crud load of herbs, and a natural thickener.

::shrugs::
  • neverlost
    neverlost Posts: 121 Member
    Options

INGREDIENTS in the Walden Farms Peanut Spread:

Triple Filtered Purified Water, Cellulose Gum, Salt, Corn Starch, Xanthan Gum, Natural Fresh Roast Peanut Flavoring, Natural Peanut Extract, Sodium Benzoate (to preserve freshness), Caramel Color, Lactic Acid, Propolyene Glycolalginate, Sucralose. *Contains trace calories.

INGREDIENTS in my favorite, Peter Pan Peanut Butter:

Peanut(s) Roasted, Sugar, Vegetable(s) Oil Partially Hydrogenated ( (Cottonseed Oil, Rapeseed Oil) Peanut(s), Contains Salt
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    thank you
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    The TRUE reality? No food has 0 calories. That just means it has less than 1 per serving. So if you eat 20 servings, you might have 18 calories. My point is that you can overeat on nearly anything - and if you sit down and eat a ton of a 0 calorie food, it will add up.
  • mskathyw
    mskathyw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Want lower calorie peanut butter try PB2 by Bell Plantation. 45 calories for 2 Tbls. It is powdered so you have to add water but it is real peanuts. Even comes in a chocolate which is very good. I buy mine locally at a Smoothie King that sells other things but it can be ordered straight from their website.

I have only tried the Walden Farms chocolate syrup and it tasted like cough syrup. Plus it is expensive. If you like it great but buyer beware.
  • cjacole
    cjacole Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

INGREDIENTS in the Walden Farms Peanut Spread:

Triple Filtered Purified Water, Cellulose Gum, Salt, Corn Starch, Xanthan Gum, Natural Fresh Roast Peanut Flavoring, Natural Peanut Extract, Sodium Benzoate (to preserve freshness), Caramel Color, Lactic Acid, Propolyene Glycolalginate, Sucralose. *Contains trace calories.

INGREDIENTS in my favorite, Peter Pan Peanut Butter:

Peanut(s) Roasted, Sugar, Vegetable(s) Oil Partially Hydrogenated ( (Cottonseed Oil, Rapeseed Oil) Peanut(s), Contains Salt

Sounds like it'll cause diarrhea :sick:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't have calories, it is nutritionally void.