Diet Coke cake? Ew. Seriously. Ew. lol

Options
BrendaLee
BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
I was dying to try the Diet Coke cake, so I made it tonight...I've heard a lot of rave reviews, but, seriously...it was pretty nasty. If you haven't tried it, I would suggest not wasting the calories on this. On the plus side, the cool whip was good. :smile:

Replies

• JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    i used diet sundrop & a lemon cake mix. it was SO good :love: maybe it was the diet coke that made it bad? idk, my lemon cake was delish :bigsmile:
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I have made the diet coke cupcakes and thought they were amazing. hmmm
  • jwilson56
    Options
    My wife makes diet coke cake and it is actually pretty good... she tweaked it some this last time... she added only 10 oz of coke and added 2 egg whites to hold the cake together more. Still less than a normal cake.
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I made the Diet Coke cake once and I hated it too. I don't get what all the rave is about..:ohwell:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I made Diet Dr. Pepper Devil's food cake and thought it was good...as good as regular cake mix and cool whip can be!
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    I made the diet soda cupcakes with a White Cake Mix & Diet 7Up with regular canned frosting. My Physical Therapist's & the office loved them. They've ordered more :drinker:

I think maybe it was the diet coke flavoring that threw it off maybe? Try it again sometime. Course having 2 Tbsp of Frosting on Top was a Big Plus:heart: