Women at the Gym

Options
2»

Replies

• missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options

But I will admit--I usually wear makeup. Not to impress the guys but I am more comfortable that way. I get really red when I work out and the makeup hides some of it.

ditto! lol i dont wear it for other people, i wear it for myself! not full on going out, but i like a little powder!
  • missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options

Last summer, I saw a girl put on a pushup bra and then a sports bra over it (to give the appearance her boobs were sky high in a sports bra, when every woman knows it flattens the crap out of you) and then her tight tank top. It was a little ridiculous. That makes women look trashy to do that at the gym.

Lay off the haterade in the future.
    Ya, I agree. Maybe she just had big boobs. I have to wear a regular bra under a sports bra if I don't have a good sports bra with me.

this too! i wear a bra under my sports bra sometimes, like serious who wants to see nips? lol
  • kalkat
    kalkat Posts: 48
    Options
    I love watching the bunnies at the gym! it gives me something to do during my rests. I prefer to scrub my face, whip my hair up in a pony and sweat, but then again I don't have a bunny body yet.
  • bhayes82
    bhayes82 Posts: 37
    Options
    There will always be people who seek sexual attention, be it through flirting, dressing "provocatively" (that's awfully subjective), or what have you. The gym is no exception… Deal with it. People will also refuse to wipe down equipment, and they'll hog machines between sets, and they'll forget to re-rack their weights, too. This is the civilization we live in.
    Is it inappropriate for women to behave …

Okay, Rush Limbaugh.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    The majority of women at my gym are there to work out.

However...

Last summer, I saw a girl put on a pushup bra and then a sports bra over it (to give the appearance her boobs were sky high in a sports bra, when every woman knows it flattens the crap out of you) and then her tight tank top. It was a little ridiculous. That makes women look trashy to do that at the gym.

I always double bra- because I have big boobs and that's how I'm comfortable and it keeps my boobs firmly in place while running. Been doing it since playing high school sports. Sports bras have come a long way since then, but still it's how I'm comfortable. How do you know what that woman's intentions were?

I guess I don't, but the way she was adjusting herself, checking herself out made me think so.
  • smileyface45
    smileyface45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Who has time to see what other people look like or wear to the gym, when I go to workout, I am so into my workout that i see noone else around.
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options

Lay off the haterade in the future.
    Ya, I agree. Maybe she just had big boobs. I have to wear a regular bra under a sports bra if I don't have a good sports bra with me.

this too! i wear a bra under my sports bra sometimes, like serious who wants to see nips? lol

lol I think some might enjoy that. ;) I just can't deal with them bouncing all over the place. If I could tape the damn things down I would! lol
  • xcmtnracer
    xcmtnracer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I think its fine that women or men look good and prep themselves for the gym, one, it can be a motivator for them: looking good is feeling good, the mood might make them commit more to their time in the gym, two, I think it is socially acceptable to wear "just about" anything these days, if someone wants to wear tight clothes, fine, maybe that's what makes them feel comfortable for exercise, anything for a more productive hour or so in the gym.

I do not think bothering someone or trying to pick someone up in the gym during a workout is right, that's "me time" and should be respected; meet up later in the gym lounge or reception area and split a sports drink or something, just let them workout.
    What I do before I workout to feel better, I prefer to shower before hitting the gym, add a new layer of deodorant, rid myself of the days "work stank" and go in, work hard, sweat bullets, sweat clean, and not offend others.

It is the dirt bags that should concern us, not the dressed up pretty people that care how they look. (an exception is using too much perfume or cologne). Those giving off horrible smells are most disruptive, and if they also look like a bag of *kitten*, that can be disruptive, dirty clothes, odor, bad breath, or whatever, they are the problem. I mean who wants to use a bench that some gross person just left, just not sanitary.
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    There are other people at the gym?

My sentiments exactly. I don't notice others while I workout either, only after.
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    :tongue: I could give a crap. I block it all out with my Ipod...and you know what? If those ladies are "fitter" than I am, I'd bet they would even share some of their tips on how to get fit.

I just keep my jealously genes in check. I ain't 20 anymore.:bigsmile:
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Read my profile photo. Lol
    I'm a hot sweaty mess by the time I leave the gym and bonus on not wearing makeup: the program director guessed me to be 10 years younger than my actual age :) If I felt like I had to do my hair, put n full makeup and coordinate my outfit just to work out, I would never work out lol

ETA but as for other people, I really don't care what they do, as long as they stay out of my way if they are not really using the equipment :)
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    What you see in my profile pic is usually what I wear to the gym. Sometimes I have shorts on. I also wear make-up M-F because I come from work.

I have seen girls that come into the weight area and stand 2 ft from the mirror and try to look sexy while lifting. I don't pay them any attention. They are in there for about 5 min tops and then they go walk around and act like they are working something else out and then come back for 5 mins and so on. I've never even seen them sweat or looked flush. To each their own.

I'm like most people - when I'm in my set I'm focused - during rests I tend to glance around or talk to my husband if he's there and close by.
  • BikerKevin67
    Options
    Those are the ones I don't pay attention to. You can always tell the ones that are starved for attention.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I feel left out. I wake up and literally roll out of bed to the gym some days. The last thing I am worried about is trying to impress anyone. To each their own. I have confidence that I can pick up a guy even with sweats on at the gym. I have done it before and turns heads regardless..lol..IMO I think people care too much about how people view them hence the makeup, hair, and sexy clothes. Its all a shield regardless, but in the end the self esteem will show in the end....
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    As a female I could care less. I don't notice them at my gym bc usually girls like that stick to walking on a treadmill or attempting to do ab workouts. They don't step 1 foot in the weight section!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I really don't care. I usually go really early in the morning and that crowd is generally there to work out and that's all.

As long as they aren't in the way (hanging out on, but not using a machine I'd like to use for example), I could care less what people do.

Honestly, I've talked to plenty of decent guys at my gym and if I was single and 'looking', I think it would be a halfway decent place to possibly meet someone who shares similar interests...so if people are getting dates at the gym, is that so bad?
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I dont know why other people care so much how some people dress, or the amount of make-up they wear etc
    Might not be my taste, but everyone as the right to dress etc how they want regardless if they are going to the gym or food shopping...
    Of course I think over doing it at the gym is done intentionally, and to get attention, but again I dont care..doesn't bother me

kim
  • Lil_MiSsSunshiNe
    Options
    As long as the b.. female isn't wasting space hogging the squat rack checking her makeup in the mirror behind it I could care less.