My P90X Results

Options
Hawkian
Hawkian Posts: 87 Member
Greetings all,

I just finished my first bout of P90X- yesterday was graduation day! :P I was mainly attempting to reduce my body fat and get some strength gains. I am really happy with my results and I loved the program. Figured I'd risk all the potential embarrassment for the good of you fine people and show my results.

For the curious, I did the P90X classic schedule but maxed out at all the "lean" rep numbers (12-15) for resistance exercises, and I used bands rather than weights. As a result I definitely gained some lean muscle and toned up but did not bulk much. I definitely developed some upper body strength though, felt every area of my body

Sorry about the obvious change in camera between 60 and 90 (finally bought an actual digital camera!) as well as the annoying flash on the 90 pics, I didn't really think about it when taking them, d'oh.

-Day 0-
ibnwANKxO38ZnJ.jpgib0O1SZAntdt4f.jpgiUdU4AU6AC4nl.jpg

-Day 30-
iGnmbvSZhxtzx.jpgibjmmJLTXozE3j.jpg

-Day 60-
izVkm822Gvsh6.jpgi119zkf1VxlMM.jpgiBrruUqD2QQDK.jpg

-Day 90-
iAVnLB9UESqKs.jpgibecaDySxChpDr.jpgiGpP4xtLftKtJ.jpg

Starting weight: 178
Current weight: 150.5

Day-1 Wide Front Pull-ups: 0
Day-90 Wide Front Pull-ups: 8.5 unassisted, 12 assisted

Day-1 Chin-ups: 1... ish
Day-90 Chin-ups: 10 unassisted, 15 assisted

I'm done losing weight more or less. I'm going to be doing another course of P90X pretty much immediately, with some modifications. I'm going to keep up cardio to a lesser extent but this time I want to put on some real muscle. :)

I've read an EMBARRASSINGLY huge amount amount the principles behind P90X (thankfully, it's just basic sport science as it turns out, fancily repackaged with clever terminology), so if anybody has any questions I'd be happy to oblige!

Note: Apologies if any of this doesn't show up right, I may have to edit after the post.

Replies

• Alisi1234
    Alisi1234 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    amazing!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Um..... Damn.

Great work!!
  • Hawkian
    Options
    Why thank you, Alisi and Jules ;)
  • pugsley5
    pugsley5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Your hard work obviously paid off:)
  • Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Great job, man! P90X is no joke. I'm 3 weeks out from graduation myself and feeling pretty dang good about that :) Be sure to enter your results into the Team Beachbody Challege... you'll get a free t-shirt out of the deal, plus you're then entered to win any where between $500 and $100k
    Again, congrats! and Good luck on your next round :)
  • Hawkian
    Options
    Great job, man! P90X is no joke. I'm 3 weeks out from graduation myself and feeling pretty dang good about that :) Be sure to enter your results into the Team Beachbody Challege... you'll get a free t-shirt out of the deal, plus you're then entered to win any where between $500 and $100k
    Again, congrats! and Good luck on your next round :)
    Whoa, thanks for that! Entering!

Thanks for the congrats and good luck on your last 3 weeks. Even sick, that last recovery week felt pretty damn good. :)
  • Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yeah... it's an opportunity not to be missed. Just the free t-shirt is exciting enough (lol).
    I'm a total Beachbody convert... won't do any other in home fintess programs out there. I feel like all those peeps in the infomercials that state they are in the "best shape of my life" :D
    I'm moving on to an Insanity Challenge Group after I finish up P90X bc I want to shed that last bit of baby/body fat. But then I'll likely return to P90X to recover any muscles lost and continue to improve my muscle tone :)
    Be sure you're eating enough if you're planning to bulk up!
  • Kathleen_Hays
    Options
    Wow, good job! I've been doing P90X for over a year, and I love the results. Just keep pushing Play!!
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • Hawkian
    Options
    Yeah... it's an opportunity not to be missed. Just the free t-shirt is exciting enough (lol).
    I'm a total Beachbody convert... won't do any other in home fintess programs out there. I feel like all those peeps in the infomercials that state they are in the "best shape of my life" :D
    I'm moving on to an Insanity Challenge Group after I finish up P90X bc I want to shed that last bit of baby/body fat. But then I'll likely return to P90X to recover any muscles lost and continue to improve my muscle tone :)
    Be sure you're eating enough if you're planning to bulk up!
    Entered! Awesome :D

Oh trust me, being able to start eating more is the part I'm looking forward to the most of this course!

If you have any suggestions on schedule modifications to help with building muscle, I'd love to hear them! I did my entire first round with bands... I think I should really try and find myself some dumbbells now. Alas, monies...
    Wow, good job! I've been doing P90X for over a year, and I love the results. Just keep pushing Play!!
    Awesome! I can see myself keeping it up that long, they are great workouts.
    Nice work!
    Thanks a lot!
  • GabrielleZelda
    GabrielleZelda Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow those are some very noticeable results! You can really see how much your midrift slimmed down and your upper body looks much more toned and sculpted. Congrats for making it through the 90 days, I know how hard it is! Not only that, but I know how much cycling you've been doing, to boot. You are inspirational and I am following in your footsteps with P90X!!

YOU LOOK AMAZING!
  • Hawkian
    Options
    ...now that is motivating. Thank you very much indeed! And don't worry, I'll be here to help you stick with it if you'll help me through my second round!
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great!
    Keep up the good work :)
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Wow wonderful work. You look great. ! am currently on week 5 of p90x and enjoying it. I haven't seen much change as of yet but seeing your progress is motivating. Thank you for posting this and congratulations. Nice to see all the hard work pays off!
  • classic_1
    classic_1 Posts: 147
    Options
    Congrats man...u look great. I'm currently 2 weeks away from graduating. I kinda plateau'd a bit due to NOT eating enough. So, in the last month I really up'd my calorie count and broke the plateau...So, I know I'll be doing another round. I'm down to 16.4 body fat% from like 29%...I can move faster and everything...matter of fact...I can push through all the cardio without pausing....it's an exciting feeling...I'm proud of u...keep pushing play...keep pushing play :happy:
  • oaks67
    oaks67 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I got p90x but i dont think im ready for it. I hope I can do it. Im 44... did you think its really hard?? You look great... good job
  • RainbowBrite86
    RainbowBrite86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Um..... Damn.

Great work!!
  • theblackbirdtree
    Options
    Wow, nice going! You are a tough cookie, sticking with P90X! :D
  • Hawkian
    Options
    Thank you all so much! This kind of encouragement is crazy motivating. Definitely gonna go again. ;)
    I got p90x but i dont think im ready for it. I hope I can do it. Im 44... did you think its really hard?? You look great... good job
    Well, there's Power 90 to start with. What kind of shape are you in, regardless of your age? I was pretty damn weak starting out, but yes, it is hard as hell. You just have to push through, find your sweet spot, and "do your best and forget the rest." Kicked my *kitten* the whole way through to day 90, though.
    Congrats man...u look great. I'm currently 2 weeks away from graduating. I kinda plateau'd a bit due to NOT eating enough. So, in the last month I really up'd my calorie count and broke the plateau...So, I know I'll be doing another round. I'm down to 16.4 body fat% from like 29%...I can move faster and everything...matter of fact...I can push through all the cardio without pausing....it's an exciting feeling...I'm proud of u...keep pushing play...keep pushing play :happy:
    Nice! Bring it :D
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I just started week 2 and am really excited about it!! I started eating more calories when I started it as well, and am already down a pound!:) Can't wait to have more muscles!!:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!