30's

Options
2»

Replies

• AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 33 and I use this site and log food and exercise every day! Currently doing WW which seems to be giving me a boost after four months of the scales not budging! Feel free to add me if you like. 
  • SharmelleOlson
    SharmelleOlson Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello Charel,

I have added you as a friend!

Blessings, Sharmelle or Shar
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I am 37 with a cw of 235 .I am 5'3" my goal weight is 145. I am at my wits end with all of these different diets. I have joined Zumba recently. I have been told that in order to burn fat,I need to eat protein, such as nuts, fish, turkey, bananas etc.... How does this work? Do you eat what you want as long as you stay within your limit? PLEASE HELP!!!!
    I eat basically what I want within serving and portion sizes. I try to eat a few servings of fruit a day, along with a veggie at lunch and dinner. Saturday is my "faturday" where I kinda eat bad, and try not to worry about it that much. I don't eat fast food except subway on occasion. If I go out toes eat on occasion, I try and make smart choices and eat half of what I used to eat. I also workout five days a week. I'll Friend ya and you can check out my diary. I'll support ya :)
  • jroser37
    jroser37 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much.I really appreciate it. This is all new to me...I hope this works!!
  • mollyonamission
    mollyonamission Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Add me we are close to twins as far as goals go
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    You are welcome. It does, it's the only thing I have stuck with and not given up.
  • KyleBigler
    KyleBigler Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 36. SW 171; CW 160. GW? Not completely sure, but 150 is the number in my head. My goal is really centered more on how I look/feel vs. weight, so the final number may be something more or less than 150.

I log all food and exercise each day and am looking to add more friends. I started out only using MFP on my phone, but have been logging on the site multiple times a day for the past 2 weeks and have found it really motivating. I probably log in 3 - 5 times each day and leave feedback for someone each time I log in.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I am 37 with a cw of 235 .I am 5'3" my goal weight is 145. I am at my wits end with all of these different diets. I have joined Zumba recently. I have been told that in order to burn fat,I need to eat protein, such as nuts, fish, turkey, bananas etc.... How does this work? Do you eat what you want as long as you stay within your limit? PLEASE HELP!!!!

First, don't think of this as a diet. Think of it as a lifestyle change as you are changing your lifestyle to become an even better, healthier version of yourself.

it takes some time to get adjusted, but basically you need to figure out what works best for your body. if you hit a plateau, you need to re-adjust what you've been doing until you hit another groove.

there is no right answer because, like i said, your body is unique. some people feel they need 150 grams of protein, some only get 60 grams. some exercise 6 days a week, some exercise 4. Some people do better with lots of fiber (I get 30 grams) some prefer to get 15-20 grams.

Theoretically you can eat what you want as long as you stay within your goals, but everyone has a different opinion. My opinion is that what is most important is Calories in vs Calories out. I know some will tell you that the quality of the calories also matters, but that is highly debatable. Your body might feel better with a more quality food item, but that doesn't mean your body will necessarily hold on to the weight because you choose to eat something with carbohydrates. That's another thing, a lot of people on here are low-carb friendly. I personally am not simply because I see carbs as fuel. You need to find your path and what makes you feel good. Don't be afraid to switch it up, and keep in mind that when you do change things, you may gain for a week or 2 before going back down.

Okay sorry that was a lot.
  • sarah32lee
    sarah32lee Posts: 5,279 Member
    Options
    im 32 and log in everyday..cw 179 gw 150-155 -anyone can add me if they like:)
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Im 37- mother of three, 5' tall 132-goal 125 (was 146). MOTIVATED AND SERIOUS. NO FACEBOOK JERSEY SHORE CRAP. ;) add me if you like.
  • seablue2009
    Options
    I am new to the mfp forum but I inboxed ya and requested you as a friend here's my message:
    (Hellooo!!! I just turned 33 a few weeks ago and this is my second go around with fitness pal. Gonna get more involved this time. For the last month I have been working out 6 to 7 days a week, doin anything from hiking, walking, jogging, turbo jam and for the last week and a half i've been doing p90x. I want to lose 30 lbs eventually. But I am determined to stick it through!!! :() by the way I normally eat a tad bit over my 1200 cal goal also)
  • karenlillie125
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just started MFP about a week ago and hoping this is the last program I'll have to use as all the others have not worked! I'm 30 and CW 159 at 5'4" and have a 38% BF reading. My goal is to weigh 120-125, I workout 6-7 days a week and eat an average of 1700-1800 calories a day. Most of my weight is from having a baby (he's 9 months now) and I'd really like to get it off before the new year. I'm not sure how exactly this whole goal/net calorie thing works but it says my goal should be 1200 and I usually have leftovers at the end of the day. Motivation for me comes by means of support so please feel free to request me and I'll definitely help support you as well!
  • karenlillie125
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just started MFP about a week ago and hoping this is the last program I'll have to use as all the others have not worked! I'm 30 and CW 159 at 5'4" and have a 38% BF reading. My goal is to weigh 120-125, I workout 6-7 days a week and eat an average of 1700-1800 calories a day. Most of my weight is from having a baby (he's 9 months now) and I'd really like to get it off before the new year. I'm not sure how exactly this whole goal/net calorie thing works but it says my goal should be 1200 and I usually have leftovers at the end of the day. Motivation for me comes by means of support so please feel free to request me and I'll definitely help support you as well!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    30....I log everyday, love to motivate and have fun while doing it.
  • spencemelindak
    Options
    I'm 37, 4'11 and 164 ....after having my 4th child (and last) I put on more weight than ever. I'm new to this app and it looks encouraging....looking for friends who have the same desire to lose weight. I moved 2 hrs from friends and family due to husbands job transfer would love to add friends on here. Thanks
  • expandingdangerously
    Options
    I'm 32, need to lose 10kg and new here! Will deffo have an open diary (need some accountability!), but I do (aim) to eat less than 1200 calories a day - am I out? lol x
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I'm 32, need to lose 10kg and new here! Will deffo have an open diary (need some accountability!), but I do (aim) to eat less than 1200 calories a day - am I out? lol x

Less than 1200 calories a day is very detrimental to your body. You are doing much more harm than good...