0 Calorie everyday alternatives!

Options

Replies

• BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I guess recommending non food products that have 0 calories isn't an awful suggestion, since the majority of the people who are in that situation are eating stuff that is calorie heavy barely passable food products.

I'd also debate as to how much this is "helping" anyone. The great majority of people who would use this product are going to be people that are likely on unhealthy low calorie diets and don't understand what they are eating hardly at all. I just take issue with products that promote quick fix/cheat tactics to people who are usually unhealthy and need to learn a long term life long sustainable intake plan.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    0 calories ? working a labelling loophole or chemical crap. Not a food.

Exactly this!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one finds it ironic that people are bashing this no calorie peanut butter, yet so many people on this site drink diet soda and even count it as water?

Plenty of people "bash" that too.
  • iwork4pepsi
    Options
    I guess recommending non food products that have 0 calories isn't an awful suggestion, since the majority of the people who are in that situation are eating stuff that is calorie heavy barely passable food products.

I'd also debate as to how much this is "helping" anyone. The great majority of people who would use this product are going to be people that are likely on unhealthy low calorie diets and don't understand what they are eating hardly at all. I just take issue with products that promote quick fix/cheat tactics to people who are usually unhealthy and need to learn a long term life long sustainable intake plan.

Thank you for your replies, now we can all take your opinions into consideration. :bigsmile:
  • jenniferadouglas
    jenniferadouglas Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Honestly, some of you guys are getting a little crazy on here calling Walden Farms products a bunch of chemicals. Look up the nutrition facts. If you use these products in moderation (as they are intended) I don't really see the big deal. They are mostly water, flavoring, thickening agents, and then the very last ingredient is splenda. If you are against using sucralose as a sweetener, then just don't use the product. And also, most normal people aren't out there using Walden Farms as a food replacement, they are simply using it as a condiment replacement. So, if you want a little peanut butter flavoring on your toast or banana or whatever... I say go for it. Just don't sit down and eat the whole tub and call it dinner! :-D
  • bcm2
    bcm2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am sorry walden farms is gross...
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I bought the peanut butter awhile ago and it tastes like gasoline. I am not joking. I threw it away after taking one bite. HORRIBLE lol.
  • tjones0927
    tjones0927 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    pickles!

Bless pickles!!! They are my saving grace at times!
  • bcm2
    bcm2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It don't taste at all the same - Gross
  • xTwK
    xTwK Posts: 121
    Options
    I have all kinds of Walden Farms products, a lot of it tastes great and I'm not ignorant enough to cry about chemical this and chemical that when it's no where near as harmful as the toxic junk of McDonald's or the cigarettes that some of you probably smoke...
  • JTManiac
    JTManiac Posts: 7
    Options
    I do like the chocolate syrup. I use some of that on an ice cream desert I like to have.
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I called Walden Farms and they are more than happy to answer any questions you have. The dressings are mainly water. I actually like the ranch. It's a great help, and I use them in moderation.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! You know the thought of giving up peanut butter makes me sweat :noway: I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon.
  • seablue2009
    Options
    Thanks for the info I would wanna see what the chocolate takes like since that is my weekness
  • TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    That's cool! But definitely can't be good for u! If anything things like that make u crave food even worse, so in the end ur not doing urself a favor! Sad but true
  • amzelrulz
    amzelrulz Posts: 27
    Options
    I think it would be really bad for you because of all the chemicals used your body wouldn't know what it was or what to do wit it so you'd just end up storing it as fat anyway
  • JTManiac
    JTManiac Posts: 7
    Options
    OK, I give....Eat peanut butter to you bust! Do not eat Walden Farms "peanut spread" it's poison!
    Sorry for the original post... I ate it for breakfast and now " I'm dead" !

Lol....I had the chocolate topping and "i'm dead" too! :wink:
  • TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    I agree with this, chemical crap, not good for your body at all, your body won't know what to do with it so you'll end up storing fat anyway =/

This! U store fat even worse when it come to eating low fat no fat foods! Eat healthy, eat what God created for us to eat, it's pretty simple once u get the hang of it. If its not natural, or has been tampered with, run!
  • SuperVegan8
    SuperVegan8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    In my experience low fat, low calorie ect usually just mean 'full of artificial crap' or the serving size is micrograms and if you make any unit of measure small enough im sure it could be 0 calorie.

If you want junk food, have it - BUT fit it within the nutritional guidelines and watch the calories. if you want to eat 1000 calories over your daily quota - go for it, but you must work it off.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I see both sides of this argument:

1. Food is what we need to eat and water is what we need to drink... True. Food has nutritional value and food will help our body grow -- the right way. We just need to minimize --- empty calories.

2. If we are stuck on eating junk food and not quite willing to make the transition to all good foods, it is usually better to find low calorie alternatives than to continue to mass 3500 calorie surpluses in our bodies daily with at least 90% of it having no nutritional value.

The worst way = eat whatever you want without regard to anything
    The better way - at least minimize the caloric intake so we don't continue to get wider
    The best way ... all nutrition within the caloric needs ...