52lbs lost and ran my first 10k!!

Options
Givemewings
Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
I thought it might be time for me to post some photos and share my success so far. I started my journey in June of last year. I can't remember what exactly gave me the final impetus to change my life but I do know I was overweight, feeling unfit and hating the way I looked. If there was a virus going round I would pick it up, I had had various health problems and I had given up wearing nice clothes as nothing looked good on me. It was just a case of finding something to wear that fitted and covered up problem areas. I was doing no exercise and spent my evenings snacking and relaxing on the sofa. I do remember seeing photos of myself on New Years Eve 2010 and being shocked.
So I decided I was going to make changes and whilst looking for help online I came across MFP. I started to log my food and exercise. I exercised at home using exercise DVDs to start with, and started walking for up to 40 mins at a time. In July I went on holiday to France with my family. I decided to start the Couch to 5K program and used the gym at the holiday park. Over the next few months I walked in my lunch hour, and continued to progress with C25K. The weight started to come off and I felt great. I joined a gym once I had lost 2 stone (28lb). I couldn't believe I had got that far! My clothes were starting to get baggy, I was changing size. Anyway, fast forward to today....I have lost 52lbs , 4 dress sizes, and 0n 20th May I completed my first race , a 10k in 1 hr and 3 mins. I'm 5ft 11 and have gone from 229lbs to 177lbs. .I still have a some weight to lose (I would like to get to 165lbs) , and the weight is coming off much more slowly now, but I feel amazing and I will get there! I hope this inspires someone! If you are just starting your "journey" just keep your eyes on your goal and know that anyone can do this...you just need to be determined enough! :happy:

December 2011 229lbs
IMG_1041-1.jpg

May 2012 177lbs
20x30-TENG1323.jpg

Replies

• lisaslim1976
    lisaslim1976 Posts: 145
    Options
    Wow!!!!!!!! I am inspired :-) x
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    wow! that is great....you look amazing
  • 2012NSR
    2012NSR Posts: 51
    Options
    Congratulations :)
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, well done
  • wasveganvictoria88
    wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    amazing :)
  • Givemewings
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • deedlit90
    deedlit90 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! I am just about to start C25K to get me running so I hope I manage to get up to your level one day!
  • Givemewings
    Options
    That is so awesome! I am just about to start C25K to get me running so I hope I manage to get up to your level one day!

Thanks!! I'm sure you will!! I couldn't run for 1 minute when I started. It's just a matter of patience and determination. Good luck with it!
  • BecomingElle
    BecomingElle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! And you look so much younger and happier :) Well done
  • carysj
    carysj Posts: 22
    Options
    Amazing work! And you look so much younger and happier :) Well done

Seconded- you look amazing and younger too. Congratulations!
  • catdoc1
    catdoc1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    What a great story, thanks for sharing. You've taken 20 years off. So inspiring to me.

Woohoo!
  • angelrock
    angelrock Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    that's amazing and you look so much younger! Well done!!!
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    A great big pat on the back for you...Well done. :bigsmile:
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Wow. As others have said you are so inspiring.

Gives me hope to do the c25k. Well done
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Wow, fantastic job! You look healthier and younger :drinker:
  • Turbochick78
    Turbochick78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Impressive and inspiring....keep up the good work! :happy:
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Ammaaaazzzzing! congrats, you certainly look younger!
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Outstanding !!! Congrats on your first 10k !!!
  • fergie2812
    fergie2812 Posts: 162
    Options
    well done. Just what I needed as struggling when not losing and also sabotaging myself
    Excellent cause for your run too!
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    You're an amazing inspiration, well done and I'm proud to have you on my friend list!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!