Swimsuit alert!

Options
2FattyXFatty4
2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
Guise! Like, seriously guise. Seriously. SERIOUSLY, you guise! LOL!

I just bought myself a swimsuit after YEARS of not wearing 'real' ones and it came via UPS today. Okay, no ... it isn't a bikini. No, it isn't even a "tankini." It's called a skirtini and I am very pleased with how I look in it! I started my journey (on the right) at 475 lbs six months ago. Today, I tried on my new swimsuit at 92 lbs lighter in the ladies room at work because I was too excited to wait until I was at home.

I put it on and HOLY CRAP! I am still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that it's me in the mirror because I knew I had lost weight, the scale told me I had lost weight, my clothes told me I had lost weight, the tape measure told me I had lost weight ...... but this is my first time really "seeing" it.

MOREPROGRESS.jpg

Yes .... I still have quite a ways to go with my weight loss but I don't think I look horrible in this getup. I have big thighs and a booty, so the bottoms flatter that area.

So many women want to "rock the bikini" and will never, ever go swimming because they think they can't wear one. I think I am a testament to the idea that you should find the suit that flatters your body and works for you. I could have *not* bought a new suit and stayed in my lounge chair by the pool for yet another scorching southern summer. Nope, not doing it anymore.

GRAB LIFE BY THE HORNS!

ETA: Darn! I don't know how to make the picture smaller but you can copy and paste this link: http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o256/theladyaj/MOREPROGRESS.jpg

Replies

• BetherFace
    BetherFace Posts: 48
    Options
    Wow, what a difference!
  • duhblond
    duhblond Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    That is such a dramatic difference!
    Looking good!
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    wow! Great job!!
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    snap! look at you! that suit is cute as crap with the little trim on it :)

you look so happy in your 'during' pic, even just from seeing your smile and how you're holding yourself. keep it up ma'am!
  • sparkiii66
    Options
    Looking great - good on you :-)
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,979 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress! Well done!:drinker:
  • kritterxx
    kritterxx Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    That is such a cute swimsuit!

Well done, so glad to see you smiling like that in your photo (: good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    This is a HUGE accomplishment! CONGRATS!!!

Also, to resize - in Photobucket, click on the photo and choose "Edit" then "Adjustment" and "Resize" - no wider than 600 will fit in the screen here.

Then click "save and replace"
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    This is a HUGE accomplishment! CONGRATS!!!

Also, to resize - in Photobucket, click on the photo and choose "Edit" then "Adjustment" and "Resize" - no wider than 600 will fit in the screen here.

Then click "save and replace"

Thank you for this tip!!!!!
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Great work and great attitude!

--Prahasaurus
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    That's a gorgous swimsuit and an even more radiant smile.
    Well done on all your hard work and enjoy the summer in your fancy suit :smile:
  • hegiahazman
    hegiahazman Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You've got what to be proud of. You look great in that suit. Wear it well and swim away. You got the right idea, grab life by its horns!
  • naku
    naku Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    you look hot, love the sparkle! and reading someone feeling like this about their body and accomplishments is so uplifting. well done, you're proud for a good reason!
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Where did you order the suit from? It is so pretty, and doesn't look like an old lady, frumpy suit.
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Where did you order the suit from? It is so pretty, and doesn't look like an old lady, frumpy suit.
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! :drinker:

Great smile, great suit and a great attitude. Keep it up :flowerforyou:
  • kchiltondavies
    kchiltondavies Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look amazing x
  • Erika1962
    Erika1962 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing!!! Keep up the great work !!!:flowerforyou:
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    You're doing SOOO well! Fantastic - keep it up, you're really making a difference! Have a great time in and out of the water this summer :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!