Gained 6 lbs in 5 days

Options
I've been kind of binge-y and its my TOM but I stepped on the scale this morning and I've gained 6 lbs since last Saturday. Is that even really possible or am I dealing with a lot of water weight?

Don't look at my diary to help me because a lot of what I've consumed hasn't been put in there.

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Everyone gains weight during their period. Ffs.
  • sleepyjean88
    sleepyjean88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You can gain weight during your period plus if you've been bingy then you could be retaining water and excess sodium etc.
  • 5kidsforme
    5kidsforme Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I really doubt that you have gained that much! Just hang in there, get back on track. Drink a lot of water. Lay off the sodium. Fruits and veggies. Don't weight yourself for another week!:flowerforyou:
  • melissaloveshair
    Options
    Hopefully I get back down...Ugh depressing.
  • diverdiver
    diverdiver Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I gained 5 pounds on my last TOM too - I hadn't even binged all that much, but get v bad pains so wasn't exercising and was giving into temptation more easily.... it came off again with a bit of hard work the following week, but was v depressing at the time! Not what you need when you get bad PMT too!
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    To have gained 6lbs of weight you would have to have eaten 21,000 calories OVER your maintenance level. Your body weight can fluctuate up to 5lbs in one day.
  • ntw25
    ntw25 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I gain weight during my wifes TOM...........................I lock myself in the pantry :)

Joking aside, she always gains 2-3lbs, but they always disappear the following week.