Shred starting may 26th

Options

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 8: finished, barely

Holy Smokes! That was a tough one. I felt sick and woozy through the whole thing. After thinking about it, I have concluded that I haven't had any protein today. I guess tomorrow I will have to either make time to eat or plan better on the run.
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    StrawberrySuzyQ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Sorry if I have missed a day or two of checking in....I am currently on day 3 of level 2 (day 13). I LOVE level 2 but it really pushes me! I am definitely stronger than when I started on May 25th and even though I have not checked my measurement, I have moved to the next hole in my belt and my favorite pair of work pants are never going to be worn by me again! I have lost plenty in the hips, waist and abs that they are at least an inch and a half too BIG for me! There is no elastic or belt loops.

Uh-oh! That means that my favorite pair of dress pants won't fit either! Nothing like losing weight and inches to motivate one to go clothes shopping! LOL

Keep on going!! You are doing this for you and for your health and YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    Options
    Is it bragging if I say I went back at the end and redid the 3rd round of cardio? I like that part!!
    Plus it helps if on the Punches if you get down to an angle where the end of your punch is in Jillian's face.

Punch Punch !!!

LOL I LOVE the punches and that is a good idea! I actually like the 3rd circuit cardio, too but probably because I have built up strength and stamina to do all four of them. In fact, now that I'm in Level 2 I actually miss some of the cardio from Level 1.

Keep up the great work! I'm seeing tons of results in my clothes already and I'm just about halfway through!:love:
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    Options
    I just got here. Is there a shred for beginners. I can't do even 1 pushup.:flowerforyou: I hope some of you start one in mid-June.

Yeah, just jump on in! But don't start on a Tuesday (I read recently that you are less likely to stick with a workout or eating plan if you begin on a Tuesday....I don't remember the reasoning why). We'll be here to support you through it and do the beginner push-ups the best you can. Even when I got to day 10 of Level 1 I still had to do some of the beginner push-ups although I gave "real" push-ups a try first.

You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • Shamrock_me
    Shamrock_me Posts: 161
    Options
    Finally stopped Chickening Out and did Day 1 of the Level 2 Shred and liked it.

Yes it kicked my butt. Yes I'm sore today. Yes I had to stop & catch my breath 3 times. Yes I changed up doing the harder versions to the easier versions mid workout and back again. Yes, I felt my workout was drowning me.

Yes I remember when Level One was like this and I kicked its butt so I'm going to keep pushing and I'm going to beat this one too.

Good luck everyone Don't give up We can all win this one!!!
  • Abrandnewme36
    Abrandnewme36 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Day 8 - Level 1

Is it bragging if I say I went back at the end and redid the 3rd round of cardio? I like that part!!
    Plus it helps if on the Punches if you get down to an angle where the end of your punch is in Jillian's face.

Punch Punch !!! Hang in there think I'll start Level 2 tonigh and if its not too bad I'll finish it!!

I am a little bit behind you , I just finished day 7 this morning. I feel really tired and sluggish. Are you going through the same thing?
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    Options
    Never walk away from Jillian, she's awefully hard to walk back to. After a weekend away, I finally got back to it this morning.

Level 1, Day7? I lost a lot of my momentum skipping 4 days. I may have to go more than 10 days on this level. We shall see.

StrawberrySuz, did you try Level 2 with better shoes? How was it?

Just get back on board and if it means starting over, start over and do it for YOU! :flowerforyou:

The first day of doing Level 2 with my work shoes was great but for some reason the second day I was sliding. I had to take it down a notch and not do the leap frog plans or jumping jack planks so I didn't go sliding, but I just think it might be partly the mat that I am using. I will push the mat forward and make sure that my feet are on the actual floor instead of the mat. If that doesn't help then I will need to make sure my feet land on actual concrete rather than the peel and stick tiled floor. :ohwell:
  • Shamrock_me
    Shamrock_me Posts: 161
    Options
    No - are you making sure to eat enough? Drink enough? Fiber enough? Do you eat before the AM workout? Just a little snack or something really helps me.

I do the shred in the Evenings and my cardio in the mornings. I log it all in the AM the past couple of days because I found this helps me EAT enough through the day because if I don't log my Shred until night then I'm WAY behind in calories and eating at night has never been my thing:

"Day food goes to work - night food goes to bed" has been a weight control motto of mine for a decade

Plus a study came out a week or two ago that said eating the majority of your calories thru the active parts of the day keeps your weight gain down.

I hope this helps. Its hard and Jillian is a biotch to beat but I look forward to defeating the work out. There is also a couple 10 minute trainer workouts available for free online that are a little easier (aside from holding plank position for one minute OMG thats horrid) and pretty quick to get through because it offers 1 minute for each exercise and they do not repeat so its kind of fun to try 10 different exercises back to back.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Great job, Shamrock and StrawberrySuz!!!

I have missed 2 more day.:huh: I'm sad that I missed the days, but I can assure you it was for a good cause. I have spent the last 2 days at the zoo, enjoying the nice weather with my children.
  • fonitoni
    fonitoni Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    What is shred if I may ask?

It is a Jillian Michaels workout DVD. It lasts 30 days and you can lose up to 20 lbs. It costs about 10 bucks at Walmart..

It's free on Vimeo
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Level 1, Day 9: complete.
  • Katy_V
    Katy_V Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, mind if I join this support thread :flowerforyou: ?

I started on May 31st, did Levels 1 & 2 today - found 1 easy so skipped to 2 after day 9... regretting that decision today as it was rock hard!

After day 5 I was seriously sluggish though and my ITB (the stablising muscles at the side of my thighs) reeeally hurt!

How are you all getting on? Suz i am doing it on a yoga mat if that helps with the slipping?
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Welcome, KatyV! We would love to have you along! I am hoping (in a really dreading sort of way) to start level 2 on Monday.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Level 1, Day 10: finished

Level 2 tomorrow? A very reluctant I think so.
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    Options
    Sorry ladies that I haven't written recently. Been more active on the site and then could not find the thread.

So, I have finished day 17 of the 30 days and that was 10 days in Level 1 and now 7 days in Level 2. Got my "visitor" as my best friend likes to call it and really thought about "phoning it in" the past two days but pushed through. I really want to kill Jill but I'm seeing results so she may live another day. :laugh:

Some new NSV: wore a beautiful purple silk tank top that I've not been able to wear for years today. Tried it on last night and it fit much looser than it did just a month or so ago when I tried it on. :happy:

Also, was looking for an outfit my mom purchased for me when I was a teenager (this was over 20 years ago) that I absolutely HATED but have come to like. I never did wear it before and I wanted to see if I could fit into it now. Well, didn't locate it but did find a skirt that I used to wear a lot about 7 years ago and a top that matched it that I picked up at the thrift store. The top was brand new and I was shocked that it didn't fit when I bought it. Well....tried them both on last night and the top fit amazingly well (Jaclyn Smith size 12) and the skirt fit but I couldn't zip up all the way (Jaclyn Smith size 8). I'm thinking come end of the 30 days and I will be able to get into it!! :happy: I so, I might wear when I see my sister on the 24th (the day after my 30 DS is over) and see what kind of reaction I get from her. I just saw her back on May 20th so hopefully she will see a HUGE difference in that month.

Well, ladies, hang in there! I am still having a hard time with the leap frog style jumps but I've manage to do the plank jumping jacks. I have both a yoga mat and some of those thicker mats that interlock for my workouts. I have found that if I do the plank moves with my hands on the mat but my feet on the actual flooring I can do them. The jumps are just a little too hard because I keep feeling like I'm slipping. Surprisingly, my regular walking shoes are working out much better than my non-slip safety shoes for this so I just keep them on after I do my walk/run and then go do my workout.

My biggest problem is I'm sweating like a pig in a luau! By the end of circuit one I feel drenched and by the middle of circuit three the sweat is literally dripping off of me. Anyone else have this issue? Any advice? I don't add salt to my foods and try to watch my sodium intake. I try to make sure I'm drinking plenty of water but could probably add more. How about drinks like Gatorade or something that is supposed to add electrolytes back into the body? (I personally HATE the flavor of Gatorade but would be willing to drink it if it helped my body.)

Ladies, we can do this!! We are more than half way there!!! :drinker:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Suz, that is fantastic! You should be so proud of your hard work.
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    Options
    Thanks, CricketKate! Just weighted in this morning and I'm down 2.5 lbs from my last weigh in, which was the day I started the shred. It would be nice to lose another 2.5 lbs to finish it out. I really didn't expect to lose anything, so I'm happy about this! :happy: :bigsmile:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Level 2, Day 1: ugh, finished.

Let's just say I have a lot to build on. :blushing:
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    Options
    Hey ladies, mind if I join this support thread :flowerforyou: ?

I started on May 31st, did Levels 1 & 2 today - found 1 easy so skipped to 2 after day 9... regretting that decision today as it was rock hard!

After day 5 I was seriously sluggish though and my ITB (the stablising muscles at the side of my thighs) reeeally hurt!

How are you all getting on? Suz i am doing it on a yoga mat if that helps with the slipping?

Delighted to have you on board! Welcome!! :flowerforyou: I have a yoga mat and another mat that is sold to be placed under exercise equipment which gives me some EXTRA cushioning while doing the workouts on the basement floor. I will have to try doing the leap frog jumps tomorrow on the yoga mat. Surprisingly my walking shoes have better grip than my safe-t-shoes for work. :huh:
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    Options
    Day 18 is done! I weighted myself today and found that I have lost 2.5 lbs since I started the 30 Day Shred! WOO HOO!! :bigsmile: :blushing:

Just wondering, since I cannot find the post anymore, does anyone have the link to the workouts from Vimeo (or something like that)??? Thanks in advance if you do! :love:

Have to get to bed since I need to do my workout first thing in the morning before going to work since I won't want to do it after work and the baseball game.