Fast food reality check!

Options
13»

Replies

• Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    KFC's grilled chicken isn't technically grilled. It is frozen with the grill marks on them, and then deep fried just like the rest of their chicken, at a lower temperature and no breading. So it is still "fried" chicken. lol

seriously?
    f*ckers
  • xchinad0ll
    xchinad0ll Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    sodium is not my friend -_-
  • Tango2U
    Tango2U Posts: 3
    Options
    KFC Grill Chicken is real Chicken that is grill on an actual grill. The problem is the seasoning they use and what they marinate it in. It is the same as if you grill chicken at home-you have to watch what you put on it. It is also cook with the skin on it as well. I think you have to be aware of what you put on your food for seasoning. Try using natural seasoning and sodium free seasonings because there is several choices available.:smile:
    I think you guys worry way too much about sodium

yup. sodium isn't the devil. I promise. and I eat KFC now and then. you can eat a whole plate of drumsticks for like 350 calories.

WOW!!! If you don't get the sodium problem, maybe you should do some research on the topic. Just like wt. loss and maintenance are NOT just about calories in and calories out!

Just stop.
  • roodledoodle
    roodledoodle Posts: 183
    Options
    KFC's grilled chicken isn't technically grilled. It is frozen with the grill marks on them, and then deep fried just like the rest of their chicken, at a lower temperature and no breading. So it is still "fried" chicken. lol

Thanks for that - honestly didn't know that at all. I don't eat KFC often at all but it handy to know! That's a bit of a rip of isn't it selling it as grilled chicken when it's not!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I think you guys worry way too much about sodium

So true, worst case you retain a little water for a day.
    Not quite the "worst case".
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    You sold me. Im having kfc for dinner.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

:noway: I always thought the grilled chicken was safe. I guess that explains the ridiculously high calories for that small breast.

Sodium doesn't effect calories.

Sodium most definitely effect calories!
    No, it doesn't.
  • SkinnyVMM
    SkinnyVMM Posts: 9
    Options
    :sad:
  • SkinnyVMM
    SkinnyVMM Posts: 9
    Options
    Wow! good to know!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    KFC Grill Chicken is actually real chicken that is grilled. It is not processed or frozen with grill marks on it. I have actually seen the grill that they cook it on. All of the sodium comes from the seasoning that is put on it and what it is marinated in. :smile:
    Thanks. This helps. At least it's grilled.
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    That's what I get at Taco Bell since my kids love the place so much. The chicken fresco are actually really good! I always thought getting my chicken at a fast food place was better, but it's really not much better than a burger. If you order fast food, get it without the bun. It cuts off over 300 calories. What's between the buns is the good part anyways.