Weight always jumps from 3lbs each way

Options
It seems like every week i weigh in my weight is either 3lbs up or 3 lbs down why won't it just stay down ? does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?? It's so frustrating seeing the scale go down just to go back up the next week..

Replies

• cmurphy04722
    Options
    Looking for the same answer....I have the same problem!
  • Being_Healthy
    Being_Healthy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    same here! :grumble:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Yep, I know exactly what you mean. Maybe upping your exercise may help. Or do a different workout. Sometimes, believe it or not, eating more might help. Try adding more calories for a week or two and then go back to where you are now. I have been at the same weight, within two pounds, for three months. I have added more weight workout and my weight is staying the same but I am losing inches. Pants that I bought three weeks ago are now too big on me.
  • jenlwren
    Options
    Your body can fluctuate between 0-5 pounds a day. For women this is almost always the case because of water weight. I always weigh myself first thing in the morning after I relieve myself completey unclothed. I believe this gives a more accurate result.

Hope this helps
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I have the same problum. its like a see saw. I usally balance out every 2 weeks and I go down a pound and stay down. :noway:
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I'll try upping my workouts and calorie intake i have a hard time eating 1200 calories i know that sounds odd but i struggle with eating a lot and 1200 calories is a lot to me so maybe adding some calories and more exercise will help... something has to help cause its driving me nuts i never know how much i weigh since it's always changing... i weigh in on the same day every week around the same time
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Try to get a scale that measures body fat as well as water levels ... I get this too, but I notice my water % changes too, so I don't sweat when I'm up 3 lbs but my water went from 55 % - 61 % either then you know its water weight ...
  • toribug
    toribug Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Same here, I hate it. I blame hormones and water but sometimes I just overate. :sad: The scale may be moving slow but it is moving. I am only losing about 3-5lbs a month but, that's better than nothing. I have lost more inches than weight. I have went from wearing a 20 to a 14 so hang in there!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have broke through. I took last week off. Didn't go to my exercise class (actually, they were canceled for a week) and I ate whatever I felt like. I didn't gain, still held the same. So, I am back to eating healthy and going to my classes. I have lost two pounds already. I think that in my case, I was keeping things too routine.
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Do you also take your measurements? There's a lot that goes into your weight. But who really cares what you weigh if your measurements are going down right?