Homemade ranch dressing... 23 calories per serving!!

Options

Replies

• wren176
    wren176 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TRISHA9714
    Options
    the only problem I have with this is the powdered ranch mix stuff is packed with ridiculous amounts of sodium.

Just confirmed on Foodfacts.com the packet has 3500mg sodium and an obscene amount of Monosodium glutamate (probably why it makes stuff taste good ;-) :laugh:

I have to say 3500 is a lot but if you divide it by the number of servings (for instance the 13 from you recipe) it actually comes out to a little less sodium per serving then the recipe you provided, or am I figuring it wrong? Although I'm with you the MSG is probably what makes it taste good! :)
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • foss44
    foss44 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • terrina22
    terrina22 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SuziLiciousness
    Options
    Awesome! I love this & any ideas to use Non-fat plain yogurt with!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    rebumping!
  • coug3tt3
    coug3tt3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • metatuem
    metatuem Posts: 9
    Options
    Bump
  • nikkibello
    nikkibello Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Omg, I can't wait to try this. I used to put ranch on any/everything until mfp and I miss it soooo much!! Thanks!
  • juliebmomof3
    juliebmomof3 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chelsa1986
    chelsa1986 Posts: 71
    Options
  • rooster70460
    rooster70460 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lstockham39
    lstockham39 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Why do people keep Bumping this?? What does Bump mean? LOL
  • mooselady2004
    mooselady2004 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • caitlindrew422
    caitlindrew422 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That is crazy this was here, I was just thinking about making a post seeing if anyone had suggestions b/c I too am a ranch addict!! Can't wait to try this, I love the mix- I think the fat free stuff in the bottles taste funky:smile:
  • EEpling89
    EEpling89 Posts: 152
    Options
    the only problem I have with this is the powdered ranch mix stuff is packed with ridiculous amounts of sodium.

^^ I was waiting for someone to say that. If you're not an all-star health and fitness guru, you'll live. It's low-cal and that's all that matters to 99% of us.

I make this with regular plain nonfat yogurt instead of greek because I don't care for it. You can control the consistency by how much milk you put in it (I use skim). My hubby is super picky and he still has yet to notice that it's not real ranch (I put it in a used ranch bottle). :)
  • Daxxes
    Daxxes Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Bump