How often do you go over your calorie limit?

Options
I'm just curious because in the almost four weeks that I've been using MFP I have never gone over. I hit my goal this week and I'm thinking about getting going to the Chinese Buffet tomorrow.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    About once every week or two I go over, but I try to keep from going over by very much and I always gain some water weight after I do.
  • yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    Options
    I think about 3 or 2 times in 75 days, I usually trying to burn them off.
  • Reana27
    Reana27 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Once so far, but then again I have only been on religiously since 5/28.......

But I do think it's healthy to reward yourself in some manner, so hit the chinese buffet for sure.
  • blondiebonce
    Options
    Have not gone over yet, but still haven't been shifting the lbs the last few weeks :(
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    About once a week due to working over 12 hours away from home and we happen to have a taco bell habit that night. It's not usually very much over and doesn't seem to be hurting me. As of right now, I do zumba and in my head I save the calories for the next day.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Usually once a week but I'm under enough on other days that it all averages out at the end of the week and that's what matters. If you want to go over once in awhile it's not going to hurt you. Just be aware of it and even it back out.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Well it depends what you are using for your limit? MFP has me at 1200 so I go over everyday :tongue: I try to stay within my BMR though
  • leebaser
    leebaser Posts: 38
    Options
    If it wasn't for exercise....quite a lot. With exercise....it's once in a awhile...maybe once every other week.
  • djeff41
    djeff41 Posts: 28
    Options
    At least once a week on my "free" day. I like to drink. :)
  • shaylathomas13
    Options
    I go over my calorie limit once every 2 weeks or so. But tipically i am actually about 2 or 300 undermy limit of 1200 calories a day. so i dont let it bother me when i go over by a little.
  • littledumplings
    littledumplings Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Almost daily :)
  • just4u_cara
    just4u_cara Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Rarely, on the days I hit the gym. I even try to only eat back, at max, half my workout calories.

Occasionally, on the days I don't. Then it's only by 100-200 cals, easy to work in the next day.

But I try to work in special treats, or evenings out with the girls.
  • Z28CAM2012
    Options
    I put myself at 1200 calories..... I think that is a little to low for me so I go over frequently. I also just REALLY started all of this about 2 weeks ago. I am adjusting. I think it is amazing to see how quickly you can go over your limit. Then I think about what I was eating before I started tracking! I must have been eating twice as many calories as I am now! Crazy!
  • SGreen134
    SGreen134 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    About twice a week...weekends are killer :angry:
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I move around so much that I get an extra 600-700 'exercise calories' each day. I haven't had a day when I've been able to eat them yet.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Well it depends what you are using for your limit? MFP has me at 1200 so I go over everyday :tongue: I try to stay within my BMR though

Yep-MFP tells me 1200 a day, but that's not my "real" goal. So I'm over almost every day. But I'm one of those people who sets their alarm clock 10 minutes ahead so I can pretend that I'm still getting up at the same time after I hit the snooze button.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I go over it seems like everyday. Not intentionally... just fill that 1800 is still pretty limiting. I've been trying to swap out to foods that are less dense in calories to help balance it out. Things are getting much better after going vegetarian and spicing things up.
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Only on vacation so far (my trip to vegas). That was it. Always been under otherwise.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    About once a week, but I don't think I've ever actually gone over maintenance.
  • k80mac
    k80mac Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    every single day b/c my calorie limit is a only gauge for me, not 100% live by.