its 5pm and i have lots of cals to eat???

Options
I burned alot of calories today and have 450cals left and thats before my exercise calories... what do i eat? I've had my 3 meals already..

Replies

• jerseyjenus
    jerseyjenus Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    lucky you!!
  • Madelinew22
    Madelinew22 Posts: 289
    Options
    Share?? I never have enough.
  • littlelaurie14
    littlelaurie14 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I'd treat myself :bigsmile:
  • heatherhb55
    Options
    Cake and ice cream or what ever your favorite cheat is!
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You can eat more that 3 meals per day, I would say have another meal nothing wrong with that! Eat some protein or some good veggies.
  • clockworkkarly
    Options
    eat peanut butter with some fruit or crackers.
  • cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    This happens to me frequently too. I am a Starbucks addict so I treat myself to a frappaccino if I have the calories. A grand mocha cookie crumble with skim milk and no whip is only like 290 calories. If I can I sometimes will get a venti. A ventie java chip frapp with skim milk and no whip is 400 calories I think. Those are my favorites so I don't know about the other drinks, but you can look it up. If you don't want to go that route you can eat nuts or make some guacamole or make a protein shake. Hope that helps. If you can't get it in though and aren't hungry I wouldn't force it.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Look at your fats, proteins, and carbohydrates. Pick something that is highest in what you need the most of, and eat that.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter sandwich! At 90 cals for 2 Tbsps, you'll have them burned up in no time!
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    I would eat food, personally.
  • emcdycus
    emcdycus Posts: 5
    Options
    Well they say you are supposed to eat 5/6 meals a day (small portions, of course). So I'd say a small cheat, or maybe a chicken breast or steak, or maybe some cheese crackers. Keep up the good work!
  • megandme120
    megandme120 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Maybe make a big protein smoothie with some healthy fats in it? That'll use up some calories. I like water, whey protein powder, frozen fruit, wheat germ (and for the healthy fats, sometimes I'll throw in half an avocado- doesn't have much taste but makes the smoothie super creamy, coconut oil, or flaxseed oil)
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, yogurt, almonds etc. I don't beleive in the myth of stopping eating at a certain time of day. I sometimes eat, like last night, at 10 pm to get my cals in.

This is why I like the 5-6 meals/snacks throughout the day. Some can eat 3 meals and get their cals in, some can't.
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options
    1 cup of nonfat Vanilla greek yogurt and some cool whip...about 200 cals, tastes like dessert but you also get a good serving of protein. WIN.
  • velsbree
    velsbree Posts: 69
    Options
    I still have 7 hours before bed I am thinking 4th meal! peanut butter and apple/ steelcut oatmeal / eggwhite omelette with veggies, or whatever you feel like eating
  • theladyy
    theladyy Posts: 176
    Options
    Peanut butter sandwich! At 90 cals for 2 Tbsps, you'll have them burned up in no time!

90 for 2 tbs? What kind of PB are you getting?
  • theladyy
    theladyy Posts: 176
    Options
    I would eat food, personally.

I dunno, fiberfill is pretty tasty.
  • andreabrightside
    Options
    I also would recommend this.

Just because you have extra cals doesn't mean you should stuff your face with garbage (Starbucks, cake, etc.). Cheating is OK once in a while but if you're using it to get those extra calories in, you won't be doing yourself any favours.

In the future, try for an extra snack somewhere in the day, again to fill whichever macro you didn't eat enough of.
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    Frozen Yogurt!!
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options

90 for 2 tbs? What kind of PB are you getting?

I'm pretty sure the peanut butter I get is also 90 cals for 2 Tbsps. I get Jif Natural Creamy.