200+ group!!!!! (week 1)

Options

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just checking in, in between clients at work! Hope you all are doing great!
  • GreenDayChick820
    Options
    the doctor's scale is evil :mad: lol. The only workout i do right now is the Biggest Loser Bootcamp for 45 minutes and i walk 2 miles everyday. But I'm open to other workouts. Weighing in on Fridays sounds good.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join your group if you're up for another member! I was good about food accountability and exercise using MFP earlier in the year, then went on spring break and slacked off, and didn't get back on track. I hit a point where I really had the motivation to start up again.

Weigh-ins on Fridays are fine. As weekends are my weak days, that would be best anyway! As I'm just starting out again, I'm working primarily on taking account of everything I eat. A problem I've had several times in the past is going crazy about doing everything and doing too much, and not being able to keep up with it. I do have several work-out tapes (pilates, biggest loser, just got 30 day shred), so my goal in the next couple of weeks is to do those or the elliptical 30-45 min 4-5 times a week.

I don't have a set number in mind for a short term goal, though I would like to lose a pants size by christmas (from a 20 to an 18). When I weighed in last week, my weight was 230 on the nose. I had a bad weekend (my roomie's birthday. chocolate cake was the culprit), so I haven't weighed myself this week. I'll wait till Friday to do so this week.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better! Yay! Having buddies always helps.

Is our name going to be "200+ group" or something else? I just want to make sure to not miss the thread :)
  • HeaterM
    HeaterM Posts: 275
    Options
    I was thinking bout keeping it 200+ group so everyone will know. But if anyone has any ideas hit me up!! I personally was bad today :grumble: I came home from working out and there was chocolate cake on the counter and i ate a piece :( but I know i can do it! How much does a biggest loser tape cost?

Good luck everyone!!Just keep you heads up!:happy:
  • dldodson75
    Options
    I was thinking bout keeping it 200+ group so everyone will know. But if anyone has any ideas hit me up!! I personally was bad today :grumble: I came home from working out and there was chocolate cake on the counter and i ate a piece :( but I know i can do it! How much does a biggest loser tape cost?

Good luck everyone!!Just keep you heads up!:happy:

Dont beat yourself up to bad some cake every now and then wont kill your goals :bigsmile: Walmart carries the biggest loser dvds for under 10. Walmart online lists almost all of them at $8.32. I joined the shred thread and plan on going to find the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred tomorrow. :glasses:
  • sas202554
    sas202554 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Sherry and I weigh 266 pounds. I would like to lose 10 pounds by Thanksgiving. I feel that this is doable. I want to be a part of your group. I need some motivation and this seems like a great challenge to start.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I hope one more member will be okay. I normally weigh in on Thursday but can weigh in again on Friday for this group. Last Thurs I was 227 and would love to lose 10 pounds by Thanksgiving :happy:

I normally do an aerobics or circuit training video for 45 min most mornings, and either take a long walk combined with trying C25K jogging or do The Shred each evening.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Victoria
  • HeaterM
    Options
    Welcome welcome everyone! :flowerforyou:

And thanks dldodson75 when i get some cash i will have to check that out. I was just watching the biggest loser and it always gets me pumped up and thinking i could do this....
  • akasullengal
    Options
    I came home from working out and there was chocolate cake on the counter and i ate a piece :( but I know i can do it!

that was my weekend! my roommates seriously need to bring the rest of that cake into work!

The Biggest Loser always motivates me, but currently it's on the same time So You Think You Can Dance is on, and a girl has her priorities. I've enjoyed the first Biggest Loser workout dvd before. And, I just received the 30 day shred in the mail and plan to start it tomorrow. I'm going to be in pain!
  • HeaterM
    Options
    the doctor's scale is evil :mad: lol. The only workout i do right now is the Biggest Loser Bootcamp for 45 minutes and i walk 2 miles everyday. But I'm open to other workouts. Weighing in on Fridays sounds good.

Yes doctor scales but you are better than the scale!!
  • HeaterM
    Options
    Ok everyone! If you are planning to stay a member of the 200+ group I want you to post your starting weight(opt), Current weight, and your goal weight for Thanksgiving!! :happy:
    I'm going to keep tabs on our progress. Does that sound good? I'll start by posting mine again too! (sorry if you guys have stated yours i just have to make sure your gonna stay in or not)

SW: 265 (this isnt my starting weight of being on here this is just the highest i've ever been)
    CW: 226
    GW: 216 (remember this goal is only for thanks giving)
    Final goal: 145

Have a good day everyone!! Remember, stay away from that evil chocolate cake thats sitting on the counter lol:flowerforyou:
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    SW 237
    CW 225 (this morning)
    GW 215 by Thanksgiving
    Final weight 140

I plan to stay in the group :happy:
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    really off topic but where did some of you get your profile pictures that show you now and you at your goal weight? (I'm assuming thats what those are....) I would like to get one for myself
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I would like to join!!

SW 260
    CW 253
    GW 243 by Thanksgiving

I currently exercise 30 minutes during my lunch break, 5 times a week. I was doing just the elliptical for 30 minutes but yesterday I did 10 min on the elliptical (5 min warm up, 5 min cool down) and then 20 minutes of strength training. Wish I could do more but I have to have time to shower and get dressed.

I've been thinking of getting an exercise dvd for home but not sure which one to get. I heard the 30 Day Shred is GREAT but is hard on your knees. Yeah, I have bad knees. So....does anyone have any suggestions? (Or does someone with bad knees have the 30 Day Shred and can vouch that it won't hurt so much? lol)

Thanks!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    The 30 day shred is very hard on your knees (in my opinion) but I have been modifying the exercises to do a cardio move that is less painful. Check out http://www.collagevideo.com/AboutUs.aspx for samples and dif types of videos. I have several favorite step aerobic, circuit training, and walking videos. Mine tend to be less "dancy" since my husband does them with me. I really like the Walk away the pounds express (4 mile walk) by Leslie Samsone, Power Zone by Denise Austin and the Rebock step videos with Gin Miller. Good luck finding one you like. It takes me an hour to get to gym so most of my workouts are at home to videos or walking outside. :tongue:
  • dldodson75
    Options
    Hello all!!! :flowerforyou:

SW- 248 (10-22-09)
    CW-242 (10-27-09)
    GW-232 (By Thanksgiving)

Final Goal 170 (no time frame hopefully by May of 10)
  • HeaterM
    Options
    I have a sheet going with you guys on it! thanks for the info still waiting for more :D I will post the weight tabs at the beginning of every month or somewhere along those lines :flowerforyou:
  • akasullengal
    Options
    I'm definitely in!

SW: 230 (we'll go with what I am when I restarted this week)
    CW 230 (last week)
    GW 220 by Thanksgiving
    Final weight: 137 (no time frame)

Thanks for organizing HeaterM!!
  • HeaterM
    Options
    I'm definitely in!

SW: 230 (we'll go with what I am when I restarted this week)
    CW 230 (last week)
    GW 220 by Thanksgiving
    Final weight: 137 (no time frame)

Thanks for organizing HeaterM!!

Your welcome :smile: It was zombiebullet's idea. But i figured this will help me stay commited!! I need all the motivation i can get all well!
  • HeaterM
    Options
    Quick question....When it says we need 8 cups a day, does it mean like measuring cup or full glass?