650 LB Virgin Regains His Weight Back!!!

Options

Replies

• spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    When is it going to be on TLC next?

That channel has all the best train wrecky-shows.

I watched "The Man with the 200 lb Tumor" followed by "The Man with Half a Body" last night! It's fascinating!!!
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Sheesh I would get depressed and eat a lot of food too from all talking about how I used to "way" 650 pounds. *smh*
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    That is a real shame.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    u guyz need to leave im be. lotz of peeple letz lthem selvz go aftr they getz some sexn after gettin merried
    WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT SAY???????
    u mite b gud b4 u get da sexn but then u getz merried and u get ur sexn thenz u get fat cuz u alredy gotz ur sexn

Well, there is some truth in that.
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    That's sad all his hard work was undone. I wonder if his girlfriend, friends, family, or doctor tried to stage some sort of intervention as he was slipping back into his food addiction...
  • torisaurosrex
    Options
    I saw this it was very depressing to watch.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    what does the guy being a virgin have to do with anything?
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I didn't know where to post this....but I'm just curious as to what everyone's thoughts are about it?? I hope he does lose the weight this time and keep it off for good.

Unfortunately, food is is drug...it's a very hard addiction to overcome because it's something we MUST have in order to live......

Here is the article and video:

http://fitperez.com/2012-06-06-650-pound-virgin-regains-his-weight/?from=PH

Oh that's just sad....just sad...

i feel for the kid...he's struggling with something so huge...to be that overweight that young.

I was over 300 pounds at age 36 when I started this journey...and it took me 2 decades (from age 17) to slowly get up to that weight....so to be such a young kid and top out at 600 ....lose it all..and then regain it all in half the lifetime that i did? I just...my heart breaks for him.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

it's a social commentary that implies he was prevented from making normal human connections due to his weight.

that his weight held him back from the cultural expectations of his gender and age.

edited for grammar
  • LizzieBee17
    LizzieBee17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    That makes me sad. :cry:
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I wonder if ABC knows this? Because David Smith was a client of Chris Powell, the star of Extreme Makeover: Weightloss Edition and is in every opening credit as an example of the success Powell has had transforming morbidly obese clients.

I feel badly for the guy.

Exactly what I was thinking. We might see him on an episode of Extreme weight-loss! For his sake I hope so.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    This may be one of the saddest stories I've ever seen... as bad as it sounds, I'm hoping he can have the foundation, support and motivation he needs to actually complete this journey before this process takes the worst toll on his body and results in death.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    It's weird, when you loose that much weight you don't see it in the mirror. I still see the 314 lbs person of before. I have to telll myself every day that's not me any more, but I still don't see it. I was told it takes your brain 3 yrs to catch up and see the slimmer you, but by then most people have gained it back.

I'm trying really hard not to gain my weight back. I went from 314 to 185 and have gained 20 lbs back. This is a life long battle for me. That's why I get mad when I see posts that ask how long people are going to have to weigh/measure and keep a food log. For me it's going to be a life time. I am not going back!!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Do you think the article's claim that 2/3rds of ppl who lose weight gain MORE weight back than they lost over a time prd of 4-5 years? That would be awful. I am committed to not being one of that 66%. I've spent enough of my life being fatty fat butt.

I've heard it is more like 95% of people who lose weight will have regained within 5 years. I try not to let it bother me.

I've always said losing weight is easy maintaining is hard.

It is a Very Small per cent of people who lose weight keep it off over several years. All I know is that most of them did not have access to a 24/7 Support Team like MFP. With that Support, I plan to be one of the 5%. I have been at my Goal Weight (or within 5 pounds) for 19 months so far.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    What a sad story. I hope he is able to get healthy, both physically and mentally.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking!
  • byrnet18
    byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Wow that makes me so sad.
  • JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think no matter what plan we follow, how to lose the weight and never gain it back is one of those tricky switchback roads. Only our personal trial and error will finally lead us to the right road. And if we never stop trying eventually we figure it out. If only there was a one size fits all approach!

I lost 50 lbs 2 yrs ago. Now I gained 40 of it back. It`s so embarrassing!
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    That sucks! But if you look at their foundation: http://www.reshapethenation.com/ He's still supposedly working with Chris Powell, and still on the website talking about how great it was to lose all that weight!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    So freaking sad
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!