Carl's JR. NO-NO-NO

Options
2»

Replies

• codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    Carl's and Hardees have low carb, low fat, low calorie and no gluten options. They have gone way beyond to provide these healthy choices!

You guys need to read the menu before you go and make wise choices. Don't blame it on the restaurant when you make bad choices! They also have a nutrition calculator that you can use to find the healthiest options.

Don't eat what you want and then blame it on the place you eat at...let's make smart choices people!
    http://www.carlsjr.com/menu/indulge/
    http://www.carlsjr.com/menu/

In marketing preception is reality. Since they spend millions of dollars advertising Colossal "Thick" Burgers; on the rare occasion I do eat out, they don't even cross my mind.

Meanwhile Subway has embraced the "fitness and healthy" eating market. Just like not every thing at Hardee's/Carls is bad for you, not every thing at Subway is healthy, but they have spent millions of dollars for me to think that way, and just getting me in the door is half the battle.

Because like you said, our choices are our own.

thank you....someone gets my point !
  • Amber42803
    Options
    Carl's and Hardees have low carb, low fat, low calorie and no gluten options. They have gone way beyond to provide these healthy choices!

You guys need to read the menu before you go and make wise choices. Don't blame it on the restaurant when you make bad choices! They also have a nutrition calculator that you can use to find the healthiest options.

Don't eat what you want and then blame it on the place you eat at...let's make smart choices people!
    http://www.carlsjr.com/menu/indulge/

In marketing preception is reality. Since they spend millions of dollars advertising Colossal "Thick" Burgers; on the rare occasion I do eat out, they don't even cross my mind.

Meanwhile Subway has embraced the "fitness and healthy" eating market. Just like not every thing at Hardee's/Carls is bad for you, not every thing at Subway is healthy, but they have spent millions of dollars for me to think that way, and just getting me in the door is half the battle.

Because like you said, our choices are our own.

thank you....someone gets my point !

I do believe we all got your point, our point to you, was simply that you were coming across as WAY to harsh. We all know our choices are our own, if we choose to eat 2,000 calories, it's our choice. Just like it's our choice not to. And yay for me, I managed not to go over my calories today. Thanks to excecise, and that was my choice on how to deal with what I HAD done. Like I said, I don't REALLY blame fast food places, or any other place for that matter, for making delicious food that I sometime crave. Nor for my lack of self-control.

I do hope that this whole mess can be put to rest, I so appreciate your comments, and love reading them. Until next time.

ALC

178464.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    oi vey...
    I'm not sure how many times people expect me to apologize for coming off as what was perceived as "harsh" but this is the last time ...
    I'm sorry
  • Amber42803
    Options
    hi
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    In my town it's called Hardee's/Red Burrito. I've never eaten any of the Mexican stuff...I like Taco John's myself! And apparently no one knows what that is....:laugh:
  • Amber42803
    Options
    In my town it's called Hardee's/Red Burrito. I've never eaten any of the Mexican stuff...I like Taco John's myself! And apparently no one knows what that is....:laugh:

That's strange how it's the same thing, but different name Carl's Jr./Green Burrito vs. Hardee's/Red Burrito. Sounds like a Celebrity Death Match battle. lol. :laugh: I crack myself up. :happy:

Oh! BTW no clue what "Taco John's" is. :indifferent: BUT IT SOUNDS YUMMY! :devil: :happy:

ALC
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I found the nutrition info, but I couldn't find your meal.

Carl's Jr has a sister company called Hardee's around here. I used to stop there three times a week for breakfast.:noway: No wonder I ended up like this. Some times I just want to kick my own *kitten*..but I've been doing a lot of that.

I do a Hardee's Country Steak Biscuit once in a while, but I have to plan my whole day around it. I do it on a day when I'm doing at least an hour on the bicycle,,, Hehehe. Delish,, but man it's spendy calorically. (620 cals, 370 from fat, 14 grams protein).

I love Subway's Black Forest ham sub on Wheat. I get a 12", tons o'veggies, S&P, no mayo. 1/2 now, 1/2 for lunch tomorrow. 340 calories each, 14 grams protein.

It's best to know what you're eating BEFORE you eat it, huh?

Good job taking the time to find and and learn Amber. Won't do that again, will we? :smile:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Celebrity death match haha...war of the big a** burgers.

Taco John's is fast food Mexican euphoria...a billion times better than Taco Bell, and they have these things called potato olés that are tater tots covered with a ton of tasty spices :love: Too bad the nearest one to me now is 2 hours...I think they're located selectively in the south, and by selectively I mean not everywhere, just a few blessed places haha
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Celebrity death match haha...war of the big a** burgers.

Taco John's is fast food Mexican euphoria...a billion times better than Taco Bell, and they have these things called potato olés that are tater tots covered with a ton of tasty spices :love: Too bad the nearest one to me now is 2 hours...I think they're located selectively in the south, and by selectively I mean not everywhere, just a few blessed places haha

I love Taco John's! I'm in Iowa and they have a ton of them around us. Too bad their stuff is a sodium fest :cry:
  • Amber42803
    Options
    I found the nutrition info, but I couldn't find your meal.

Carl's Jr has a sister company called Hardee's around here. I used to stop there three times a week for breakfast.:noway: No wonder I ended up like this. Some times I just want to kick my own *kitten*..but I've been doing a lot of that.

I do a Hardee's Country Steak Biscuit once in a while, but I have to plan my whole day around it. I do it on a day when I'm doing at least an hour on the bicycle,,, Hehehe. Delish,, but man it's spendy calorically. (620 cals, 370 from fat, 14 grams protein).

I love Subway's Black Forest ham sub on Wheat. I get a 12", tons o'veggies, S&P, no mayo. 1/2 now, 1/2 for lunch tomorrow. 340 calories each, 14 grams protein.

It's best to know what you're eating BEFORE you eat it, huh?

Good job taking the time to find and and learn Amber. Won't do that again, will we? :smile:

:embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: No. We won't. and we WILL check before we eat. If for some reason I can't, I'll just have a tasty salad. Or nothing and eat later, that will be good.

ALC