plateaued?

Options

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    you don't seem to eat breakfast? and are you tracking sodium??
  • sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    yeah, it was a 700 Calorie lunch, which was followed by a long bike ride. My net for today is quite low actually.
  • sathor
    Options
    btw, a cutting board would be a real pain to wash in the tiny bathroom sink to start with.
  • ralexander82
    ralexander82 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You can't change the way you eat automatically. If we were eating at home we would still be eating beef, mayo, cheese, sour cream, chips, white bread, and other "bad foods". These are foods we're accustomed to and before our kitchen was a mess we had nachos/tacos as a regular meal, ate English muffins with sausage patties and cheese for breakfast, and had cheeseburger impossible pie occasionally.

I am trying to make healthier food choices, the same as my husband. We get salads, vegetables, fruit, and we have cut pop and fries dramatically. I never have pop anymore and he only gets it when he exercises for it and fries are on our plate so rarely that if we get it by accident, we ignore it. BUT, I still don't like bananas, peppers, and a lot of other fruits and veggies. I try them, but I nearly bring them back up trying to swallow. I can only stand so much chicken, and I need protein and iron.

It's easy to say fix your foods, but if I were to switch to nothing but "healthy" foods I wouldn't be eating at all and that is far from healthy. See where a person has come from before condemning where they are now.

This is my two cents after seeing all the critical responses based on diet. Check out my diary if you want, but I hope some history brings out some more productive suggestions.
  • jstout913
    jstout913 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The things you eat in your daily diet are all items I have given up. I would never choose any of those foods and think that I would lose weight. You have to change what you are eating, even though you exercise a lot. Poor choices. I'm at a plateau, but I eat natural good foods. I just need to step up the exercise. Good luck. Give up the goodies. They are bad, bad, bad.
  • sathor
    Options
    The things you eat in your daily diet are all items I have given up. I would never choose any of those foods and think that I would lose weight. You have to change what you are eating, even though you exercise a lot. Poor choices. I'm at a plateau, but I eat natural good foods. I just need to step up the exercise. Good luck. Give up the goodies. They are bad, bad, bad.

I've lost 20# so far, so yeah, the diet in itself wasn't the problem, though giving up my morning coffee might well be the issue.
  • LasVegasTaxiDriver
    Options
    I am stuck at 226 pounds from 280 since march, the last week or so mfp changed my calorie intake down to 1310, wandering if this is why im not loosing any weight now, i have changed it to 1650 calories, see if this will get me started again, since i have been eating only 1300, i have gotten used to not eating much, oatmeal eggs chicken but cant seem to figure out my eating pattern again, it shows me on my bodybugg with over 1000 calorie defict but not loosing, i have began lifting weights also
  • xxzimmer
    xxzimmer Posts: 37
    Options
    yeah, it was a 700 Calorie lunch, which was followed by a long bike ride. My net for today is quite low actually.

Get out of that mentality. Just because your net is ok, does not mean that you should eat bads foods.
    I've lost 20# so far, so yeah, the diet in itself wasn't the problem, though giving up my morning coffee might well be the issue.

The first few pounds are the easiest to lose. My first month of working out I lost 14 lbs (half of what I wanted to lose) but once I stopped working out as much and as hard I gain it all back. Hell I can go for a run and weigh 2-4 lbs less than I did when I started.
    btw, a cutting board would be a real pain to wash in the tiny bathroom sink to start with.

I find it hard to believe that a 6X10 cutting board would he hard to clean in any sink. I could wash it in my chihuahuas water bowl.

All I see is someone reasoning away thier bad choices. One of the very first things I did when I got on the diet was to cut out all whites (breads, rice, etc.) and red meat (I started eating ground turkey, chicken, fish.) Now I find it hard to eat ground beef. Don't get me wrong I'll still eat a steak, fajitas, and fast food every now and then but nothing compared to what you eat. You eat more bad food this past weekend than I do in two months.

If you don't change your mind set and see the errors in the way you have been eating then you will struggle to reach your goals. I know nothing can be easier than just buying your food. The problem is you can only control what goes into the foods you eat if you prepare them. If you are serious about losing weight, then take some extra time to improve your diet.

/thread
  • xxzimmer
    Options
    I am stuck at 226 pounds from 280 since march, the last week or so mfp changed my calorie intake down to 1310, wandering if this is why im not loosing any weight now, i have changed it to 1650 calories, see if this will get me started again, since i have been eating only 1300, i have gotten used to not eating much, oatmeal eggs chicken but cant seem to figure out my eating pattern again, it shows me on my bodybugg with over 1000 calorie defict but not loosing, i have began lifting weights also

Wow, my gf who is 5'3" 120 is taking in more calories than you. Def stick with more calories. I'd even go higher.
  • luvmypuggle
    Options
    I have found zig zagging calories help in a plateau. I have done it in the past. When your body gets used to a certain calorie level it will adjust and maintain. Some days eat higher than your calorie goal, some days eat lower, and some eat the calorie goal. I don't mean eat WAY over your calorie goal. Just a 100 or so more calories. You need to shock your body.
  • luvmypuggle
    Options
    I also noticed you don't eat breakfast. That needs to change ASAP. Breakfast jump starts your metabolism. Nutrition 101. Even if it isn't much you need to eat something.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    You-keep-using-that-word1.jpg?9d7bd4
  • ralexander82
    ralexander82 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    After all the negative comments on our family's diet I tried to figure out something healthy to eat for lunch. I had small light things for breakfast and a good workout this morning. As I contemplated what to eat I nearly passed out from lack of food. Clearly that is not healthy. So we had Pizza and at least I am still conscious. People need to be less critical.
  • xxzimmer
    Options
    After all the negative comments on our family's diet I tried to figure out something healthy to eat for lunch. I had small light things for breakfast and a good workout this morning. As I contemplated what to eat I nearly passed out from lack of food. Clearly that is not healthy. So we had Pizza and at least I am still conscious. People need to be less critical.

OMG you can't be serious.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    i know right, I lold
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
  • xxzimmer
    Options
    Wow.

Quaker - Stila Oat Clusters Bits With Green Apple, 0.7 oz (20g) package 80 calories...not enough for breakfast.

Dominos - Med Thin Crust Pepperoni and Bacon, 3/4 pizza 1200 calories...OMG this IS your problem. You feel better because you are full on fat.

Utz - Cheese Balls, 1 oz about 32 balls 130 calories.....cut these out.
    Rich's - Fudge Frenzy, 3 fl. oz (75g) 80 calories.......cut these out.

I opened my diet to public. take a look at my breakfast and lunch. It took me 4 mintues from beginning to end. Only used a spoon and a toaster. Lunch was a container for lunch, and a measuring spoon.

You guys need to eat carbs before and after a workout. I need a lot and I am still 109 carbs short of my 446 goal. I eat more than you do becuase I eat healthy. I have my whole menu done for the day each morning and today I am still 701 calories short of my goal. I will just leave that gap. I will not go out and eat 3/4 of a pizza to fill it.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Do you work out like this all the time...every week???

If so you might need a break for a week, whenever I start to stall out, I take week off from the gym and just eat my calories for the day, I tend to lose weight that week and even more the week after when I hit the gym again. You might be over working!

I think people are freaking out about diet but burning 2000 calories a day will affect your body!
  • xxzimmer
    Options

Open you diary so we can take a peek.
    Do you work out like this all the time...every week???

If so you might need a break for a week, whenever I start to stall out, I take week off from the gym and just eat my calories for the day, I tend to lose weight that week and even more the week after when I hit the gym again. You might be over working!

I think people are freaking out about diet but burning 2000 calories a day will affect your body!

I though about this but then I looked over the OPs diary. That's his problem.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    If he stays within his calories for the day, it shouldn't matter really.