been here a while but new to the boards

Options
I have managed to lose 51 pound but now seem stuck! I have no Idea what it could be...I workout 5 days a week and track everything I eat. Any idea of what it could be would be great thanks!

88047.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator

Replies

• Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!
    Wow!
    I don't have much help for you, but you're so inspiring to me!
    Thank you for sharing your success.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jwilson56
    Options
    Have you tried to cut out all high glycemic foods as well as all refined carbs? Watching Dr Oz it seems that the people he has on that have lost half their body weight all used the same strategy. More fruit and veggies and lean meats. So not only matters have many calories we are eating but also what kind. Give that a try.... I know I am and feel pretty good.
  • mrcconway
    Options
    Have you tried to change your workout routine? If you do the same thing over and over eventually our body adapts and gets use to it making it less effective.
  • Chickiebabe151
    Options
    Our bodies tend to plateau. I read an article on the Oprah website that said we need to stop dieting for about a month after a lot of weight loss to let our bodies establish a new set weight. During that month you still watch what you eat of cours, you just don't count each calorie like you were before. After a month, return to diet. I've also read that it's good to vary your calories.

Check out this website: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm#. After you imput all of the information and get your dailly caloires click "7 day calorie cycle",
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I have managed to lose 51 pound but now seem stuck! I have no Idea what it could be...I workout 5 days a week and track everything I eat. Any idea of what it could be would be great thanks!

88047.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator

Congratulations on the awesome job you've done! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
    I WISH I had some words of wisdom for you, but, I don't. I'm in the same boat. I'd LOVE to lose a few more, but, for at least the last 9 or 10 MONTHS, all I've done is see-saw back and forth with the same 4 to 6 pounds. Lose one, gain 2, lose a half, etc. :grumble:
    I've read that changing your exercise routine might work, but, I like the exercising that I do and don't want to change! :noway: I'm pretty much where I want to be anyway, so I guess I'll just do what I'm doing. I mainly want to keep from gaining and going back to the way I was BEFORE MFP. (which was miserable and depressed about the way I looked and felt!:sad: )
    Good luck to you, hope you DO find something that works for you, since you still want to lose alittle more. :smile: