Close to goal weight - new eating plan

Options
I'm a new member and have mostly been lurking in the message boards, have tried so many tips and advice given by other members and it's been fantastic and so helpful.

I had a thought today, and wondered if anyone had tried it, and if so how long did it take you to your goal weight?

instead of aiming to have a noticeable calorie deficit, how about just eating at the TDEE of the goal weight you want to be?

I've lost about 6kg in 3 months so far and have about 4kg to go but I'm getting tired of the restricted diet (1450 cals). I've worked out that a goal weight of 52kg my TDEE would be 1757 cals which sounds really good (Light exercise). Based on my current weight it would be 2040 (moderate exercise).

Thoughts?

Replies

• Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you would get there in the end and it would be a healthy way to do it (providing you make healthy choices)! Most people just want faster results. Perhaps do it your way but get some good quality workouts in, after all, if you get some good muscle tone you will lose weight even at a resting state and will look great too!!! Good luck!
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Hi, fellow lurker here lol.

Sounds quite interesting and something I might try if I really bored with my low cals. Good luck and let us know how you get on :smile:
  • thuy5
    thuy5 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi,
    Will do! I'll report back when I'm done :-)
    Think I'm just looking for an excuse to eat more really, have slowly been bumping up from the original 1200cals which was too close to starving for my liking. I feel like I'm cheating if I eat back exercise calories so i like the idea of eating at TDEE of the weight I want to be with the activity built in, and whatever exercise I do will be a bonus.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Check out fat2fitradio.com. The method for weight lose is about eating at your goal weight TDEE.
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    There is a post somewhere on the forum which is talking about exactly this - I'd link it in but I have no idea where it is!! Basically it said that it works but might take a bit longer.
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'm a new member and have mostly been lurking in the message boards, have tried so many tips and advice given by other members and it's been fantastic and so helpful.

I had a thought today, and wondered if anyone had tried it, and if so how long did it take you to your goal weight?

instead of aiming to have a noticeable calorie deficit, how about just eating at the TDEE of the goal weight you want to be?

I've lost about 6kg in 3 months so far and have about 4kg to go but I'm getting tired of the restricted diet (1450 cals). I've worked out that a goal weight of 52kg my TDEE would be 1757 cals which sounds really good (Light exercise). Based on my current weight it would be 2040 (moderate exercise).

Thoughts?

:flowerforyou: I have to give you flowers girl!! Wish more people would think like you! You are so on the right track... :happy:
    If you want all your answers and lots of great info and loads of support... Go here!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3834-eat-more-to-weigh-less

Hope to see you there! :wink:
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think eating the TDEE of your goal weight is a good idea. It will ease you into maintenance.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

Thoughts?

the TDEE of your goal weight, would actually be your maintenance level wouldn't it? Therefore, you would be at maintenance before you got to your goal.
  • thuy5
    thuy5 Posts: 22
    Options
    Yes it would be like seeing if you could eat at maintenance earlier. I'm actually quite active and exercise about 5 days a week for at least an hour along with dropping my older boy off at his activities and mostly carrying the younger 5 month old around. biggest change is the increase in strength and endurance which I love. But I want to be a little bit conservative as the margin for error is small and I might end up maintaining at my current weight lol.

MFP is so awesome, and the community is fantastic, I'm always trying to tell everyone I know who is on a weight loss journey or too scared to start to sign up

Will definitely be checking out the eat more to weigh less, that sounds like something I would be interested in!