Size 16 to 6/8 with pics. FINALLY.

Options
kykykenna
kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
So my story isn't unlike any other. Wasnt sure about posting pics, but I find them pretty inspirational myself. So, that being said, my main reason for posting is this: This before/after wasnt done in a nice, short quick amount of time.Why? I spent a decade doing it "my" way. My way because "my" way had to be right. Those people who told me I needed to eat more/more often were wrong, I just knew it. Scary thoughts and I wasnt going there.

I used to struggle with an eating disorder some years back. A size 3 hung off me. Without professional help, sparked from my mother calling out of the blue one day, crying, telling me she "refused to bury my daughter over FOOD", I tried and got better. There in lies the unhealthy food relationship I still fight with, BUT it is much better.

Fast forward, me, healthy weight, got pregnant. size 6/8 to 16. In some quick friggin time, let me tell ya! LOL......that is what happens I guess when you go from eating once a day to eating "normal". So, of course I decided to lose weight. And I did by cutting back. Was a size 14-12. FOREVER. Back to eating once a day, to boot. And STILL......no weight loss. Effin scale.

April last year, I was talking to my customer about weight/health, etc. Told him my stupid scale wouldnt budge. No matter if I changed the batteries, moved it to another place on the floor, and shook it. He asked what I was doing. Stopped me quick and said 'You dont eat breakfast? You dont have to tell me anymore. That is your biggest issue" (I DO realize the concept wont pertain to everyone, but it did me) So, fighting like a spoiled brat, I told him I would eat breakfast for 3 weeks until I saw him again. Why not? "My" way wasnt working. Had nothing to lose. And guess what?? I could have bear hugged him with my legs wrapped around him when I saw him 3 weeks later. Scales DID move. Finally. Joined MFP. And the rest is history. Made loads of changes from there.

Not sure when I will be "done". I havent worked out in a month and a half. (Life...and now bad habit?) Generally worked out 3-4x a week, elliptical and or Zumba and body ball work. Nothing excessive...though I do think those of you who do ROCK.:) All I am saying is it takes TIME. Please dont quit. I was a DECADE. Granted most of it in the last year, but it was a slow, slow process I am so happy I didnt give up. Read forums. Befriend people. Comment on them. They comment back and cheer you on. Make small changes. Every single one can become habit.

Sorry this is kind of long. (I am one of those "I dont talk in sentences, I talk in paragraph" people). This was as short as I could make it. This is my first time posting pics here....forums can be a scary place to go put yourself, but I decided to do it in case one person out there said "Why bother?" this morning. Have a great day everyone! (Now if I can this pic to load right...:laugh: )

jubk9z.jpg<----copy this link as I have screwed it up!!! (and it wont take up your screen. Haha)

Replies

• Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    jubk9z.jpg
  • gonnabeHOT_Heidi
    gonnabeHOT_Heidi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    you look fabulous! WTG!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! You have pushed hard and your amazing body shows it. Keep up the amazing work hun. Glad that you are one of my inspiring friends.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look wonderful! Congratulations on your successes!
  • coolbluecris
    coolbluecris Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I loved your story ! And your photos are awesome. You've done great !!!

What your mum said was really touching. She must so love you very much.

Hugs and stay healthy !

Cristina xx
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    great, you look amazing!
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    WOW I'm inspired I was a 20/22(DEC2009) and now 14-18 so hope to see the same results if I keep motivated
  • WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    okay, uber jealous you look so amazing!!!
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Your profile picture looks like a young Goldie Hawn! Wonderful job!!
  • pam6870
    pam6870 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! You are an inspiration!
  • jamlastsforages
    Options
    WOW! Congratulations!
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    great job but can't see picks?
  • linhmaimac
    linhmaimac Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i loved reading your story. everything you said is true. it does take time and life does get in the way, just gotta make it part of life.

i can read your blog all day just from your style of writing.

that aside, you look effin FABULOUS! very happy for you...
  • siliisobel
    siliisobel Posts: 49
    Options
    You look fantastic, well done!
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Outstanding results!!
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job! I am so happy for you, you look incredible! So happy to have you as a friend.
  • kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    awesome! you look great!
  • lbelle987
    lbelle987 Posts: 97
    Options
    Wow!!! You look awesome!
  • fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    THATS AMAZING!!!!!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!