Options

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    I completed it last summer at a pace of 3/4.5 mph. At the end of it me and all three of my kids participated in a 5K. It was awesome. I highly recommend doing something like this with your family. I am now in week 3 going at a pace of 3.5/5 mph. I am looking for another 5K to do when I complete this program -- along with my kiddos -- they just don't know it yet. :happy:

Happy running and enjoy! :drinker:
  • ClamplOveGLC
    Options
    That's so amazing! :D If you can keep it up for 2 weeks, you know you've got the guts to run a 5K! I always recover from injuries and have to run from scratch. :( I'm sorry for your loss, but you're already bouncing back! Good luck!
  • amyamyamy1403
    Options
    where is the couch to 5k listed please?
  • aliceinlurve
    Options
    I'm not brave enough to run outside yet. I keep track of my time on the treadmill.

My whole life I was an inside exerciser - treadmill, bike, even swimming - INSIDE. I started the c25k on my treadmill and then at about week 5, the weather was so gorgeous, I just had to try outside and NOW ... well it's hard to go back to my treadmill. ;)

I haddn't done any running since leaving school until Feb this year, I started my c>5k on the treadmill cause I was also terrified of running outside but early one morning I bit the bullet and tried it on my local beach. I now love running outside rain or shine! It's a totally different experience and I found it harder exercise than on a treadmill. I completed the Race for Life 5k on 14th May in 35 mins. Good luck to everyone thats trying this programme :)
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    I just download it now.. I am going to start in the AM since it is super hard for me to get to the gym before i have to work on Saturday.. I can't wait...
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I did, although I approached it somewhat unorthodox-ly.

I started my NEW FIT LIFESTYLE in January this year, and was doing Jillian Michaels' and nordictrack from Jan-April. (Started at 265 lbs)

Went on vac to the beach mid-april and my sister-in-law was doing the C25K. I went out on a "week 2" run with her and discovered it was pretty cool!

When I got home I worked a few days further, into week 3.

Then one day I was feeling perky and just ran 5K. I was exhausted but giddy at the end. Now I toss one off every week or so, in and among the JM and NT workouts (which I still do). As the weather improves, I plan to do more running.

SO...

It is a super program, go for it! :happy: :flowerforyou:

[edit...]

I think the upshot of it is - don't kill yourself trying to get to the 5K part. (Despite what I just wrote.) If you feel like walking, WALK.

Like so much exercise, if you feel like pushing yourself, then do so. If you feel that you're on the verge of self-destruction, then for gods' sake back off.
  • angeliqueib
    angeliqueib Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 day 2. I have never liked running but I am actually enjoying this! I'm currently using a treadmill. With a small child at home and temperatures in the 100s running outside is not an option I care for but I'm hoping that by fall I'll be fit enough to run outdoors without looking like I'm dying :p
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 9 of 9. Stick with it! And you don't have to restart everytime you have a week off.... I repeated any weeks I missed.
  • slosbot
    slosbot Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I down loaded RunDouble on my Android and love it!
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I will be doing week 6 day 2 tonight after work! Looking really forward to it! I'm loving this!
    After week 3 I got a bad chest cold and couldn't run. So instead of starting over I repeated week 3. Then I was stuck on week 4 for 3 weeks. Finally started week 5 and found it easier. Now I am on week 6!

Good luck everyone!
  • wdnsnw
    wdnsnw Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not using an app. I found a calander to follow on pintrest, it is for 10 weeks. I'm starting on Satuday!! Nervous...... I'm NOT a runner.
  • sashanicole88
    sashanicole88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 5...holy crap! It's definitely difficult and sometimes I have a heck of a time trying to motivate myself to get out there...but once I finish it's such a rewarding feeling. I could barely last running for 30 seconds at a time...and I run two times last night for eight minutes!! SO proud of myself!!! Tomorrow is Week 5 Day 3...which includes my first 20 minute run (ever). I'm a little nervous, but overall pumped!!! :D
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Can I just ask everyone who has started this a few questions?

Have you all bought expensive running shoes? I'm thinking of getting a cheap pair of running shoes ( my trainers are the cheap supermarket ones so are ok for walking in)?

Ladies I presume its a good idea to invest in a good sports bra?

And what are people running it - i was just going to go in joggers and a t-shirt esp as I dont see the point of paying out too much as I'm losing weight. Want to treat myself to some nice stuff once the weight goes down.

Also would it be suitable for a fit teenage to do - my son is almost 13 and runs for the school. Thought he might come with me.
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I finished week 6 last night! I can honestly say at the begining of week 1 I would have NEVER thought I could run 25 min without stopping. I love how I feel afterwards but it's not easy by anymeans. I have signed up for my first ever 5K in 1 week, can't wait but a little nervous. To anyone who hasn't made it to the 20 min continous run yet..... after the 1st 5 min honestly your body seems to just accept it and it actually becomes eaiser to run with out stopping. I know sounds crazy but it has been like that for me! Good luck everyone stick with it you will feel great! I cried after I finished my first 20 min run - they were happy tears, I felt like Rocky : )
  • Politicalbap
    Options
    I started this morning (Week 1 Day 1). It felt great. I'm really eager to see results! Has anyone else began the program this week?
  • sashanicole88
    sashanicole88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Can I just ask everyone who has started this a few questions?

Have you all bought expensive running shoes? I'm thinking of getting a cheap pair of running shoes ( my trainers are the cheap supermarket ones so are ok for walking in)?

Ladies I presume its a good idea to invest in a good sports bra?

And what are people running it - i was just going to go in joggers and a t-shirt esp as I dont see the point of paying out too much as I'm losing weight. Want to treat myself to some nice stuff once the weight goes down.

Also would it be suitable for a fit teenage to do - my son is almost 13 and runs for the school. Thought he might come with me.

1) I don't have any expensive running shoes. I'm sure they are good to get - but I can't afford them. My regular New Balance tennis shoes have seemed to do the job so far :)

2) I bought a good sports bra on clearance at Target (again...I'm cheap :wink: )

3) I had to purchase some shorts to run in because it's getting hot and my knee length running pants weren't cutting it. I just wear older t-shirts or cheap men's undershirts to run in. Definitely wouldn't spend a lot of money on nice active wear yet, though!

4. My healthy and fit sister (she's 21) runs with me on each of my runs. It's such a great motivator for me and it helps to have someone join me. If your son is willing to run with you, I'm sure it would be great for you both!!

Good luck!!
  • JenniferEM2012
    JenniferEM2012 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You should get a good pair of running shoes. I did track all through high school, and you could tell when people did not have a good pair. They do not have to be super expensive, just go to a running store and they can get you a pair for about $40. You also need to to get a good sports bra, there is no question. I had to upgrade mine when I started to get back into running. And I believe your son can run it with you. I started running when I was younger then him and I loved it. I just stopped after high school and wish I never did because it is so hard for me now.
  • cycleholic
    cycleholic Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm on W2D2. I just registered for a 5k on June 24. This event can be walked. I plan to do 2 minute jog/walk intervals (which I can maintain now). I'm not looking for speed - I just want to finish :wink:
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I started it! ...And then got tendinitis right when I hit the 15-minutes-straight-running mark. Sigh. So depressing. My doctor says I may not be someone who can run, which makes me sad. I've never been able to run before, and I was really loving how strong and fit the change made me feel.