Adults and drinking.

Options
EmCarroll1990
EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
I've got a question for y'all. So, you're hosting a get together at your place, guests age ranges from mid 20s - mid 40s. Do you supply the whole party with alcohol or do you supply some and assume they'll bring some as well?

Replies

• _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I've got a question for y'all. So, you're hosting a get together at your place, guests age ranges from mid 20s - mid 40s. Do you supply the whole party with alcohol or do you supply some and assume they'll bring some as well?
    Garbage can full of jungle juice. yeah, I am classy
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I would let them know what your going to supply and then also say they can bring their own. I would have like wine, beer etc.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I would BYOB them hahah. I would just have a few cases and tell them to bring whatever they like. **** even alcohol is getting expensive nowadays!!
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    We usually say BYOB and then have some extra or make a huge supply of a certain mixed drink.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I supply some and they bring the rest. I supply all mixers, food, and snacks
  • stefanie1990
    stefanie1990 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    supply some and tell them to bring extra. I would supply all mixers
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I always think the general rule of thumb when it comes to casual get togethers is that everyone brings there own alcohol. Food is generally provided by the host though.
  • Lil_MiSsSunshiNe
    Options
    I would supply some but they should take it upon themselves to bring some as well. Now the strippers.. You should supply those.
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    Thanks guys. Guess we'll supply wine and such with mixers and food, and get them to bring their own hard stuff.
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I think that people should assume they should bring something with them but its always good to have a case of beer and a bottle of vodka handy just incase. :)
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    I would supply some but they should take it upon themselves to bring some as well. Now the strippers.. You should supply those.

I guess I'm not good enough, you want professionals?! I supply the blow though ;)
  • Lil_MiSsSunshiNe
    Options
    Garbage can full of jungle juice. yeah, I am classy

Oh the good old days. I remember those. Keg stands.. I had the record in my town for 56 seconds. My younger brother beat me the following year for a 59 seconds. Lil *kitten*.
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm a big drinker and love to mix drinks so I'd be supplying everything...except my really good stuff, which I'm saving for the zombie apocalypse.
  • Lil_MiSsSunshiNe
    Options

I guess I'm not good enough, you want professionals?! I supply the blow though ;)
    Oh well if you are stripping thats another story, strippers who? && only a true gracious host supplys the blow. Whats your address?
  • Uuugggghhhhhhh
    Options
    I always supply all the liquor, but more often than not guests give gifts of wine or hard liquor and that may or may not be added to the supply. If it's really top shelf, it gets hidden away just for me.
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    We supply wine and two kinds of beer in addition to food, appetizers and mixers. If they want liquor they bring their own.
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    It's pretty common practice to supply some, maybe a case of beer, 2 bottles red and 2 bottles white. But don't assume they'll bring their own, tell them what you'll have on hand and that if they want to BYOB they should.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Depends for us. If it's the usual Friday/Saturday get together everyone brings their own, but when we throw special parties.. (Halloween, Summer get together, etc) We always have a few bottles of wine and hard stuff, jager and sour puss for people to do shots/mix drinks etc.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine usually hosts all the parties - she has the house for it. I buy a couple of bottles of "two buck chuck" (Charles Shaw from Trader Joe's, $2.99 a bottle) and bring them to every party, plus a bottle of something nicer for her (which is not opened at the party unless she wants to - quite often those bottles end up in her cellar).

But all of my friends bring either a bottle or six-pack for sharing or some food. She usually ends up with more alcohol in the house after the party is over than before. She just puts the unopened bottles in the cellar and brings them out for the next party (and occasionally she notes "DO NOT BRING WINE" so we can work on cleaning out the cellar a bit - LOL).

Good friends bring a bottle of their own to share. Sometimes a simple BYOB is enough to encourage that. The host(ess) should not be responsible for buying everything - that gets expensive.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Well us true hardcore partiers bring our own....and we share!