Anybody crave buffalo wings?

Options
OK. I was craving buffalo wings so I bought some Frank's Red Hot Buffalo sauce and some fat-free Ranch dressing, mixed them little and ate an entire plate of celery dipped in this. There were only 2 tbsp of each so the entire snack was less than 80 cals and guess what...no more craving...it worked!

Replies

• agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I get this craving alot... I'm going to Buffalo Wild Wings on monday.... Thats how I cope:laugh: :wink:
  • linnebooc
    linnebooc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I wasn't until you just mentioned it! GRRR :laugh:

Problem is I need chicken with it. Not JUST the BBQ sauce.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Yeah, every other minute. :noway:

I do the same thing sometimes with the celery & sauce. :ohwell: It's semi-similar.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    OK. I was craving buffalo wings so I bought some Frank's Red Hot Buffalo sauce and some fat-free Ranch dressing, mixed them little and ate an entire plate of celery dipped in this. There were only 2 tbsp of each so the entire snack was less than 80 cals and guess what...no more craving...it worked!

Echo linnebooc... not until you said something :grumble: Thanks... :ohwell:

:laugh: It's one of the few things I still crave that I don't eat anymore...
  • agarlits
    Options
    I'll be thinking of you all on Monday :happy:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I'll be thinking of you all on Monday :happy:

:huh: Where's the jealous face when ya need it....
  • Robby
    Robby Posts: 41
    Options
    Dude...eat em while you can cuz they don't serve wings in basic :laugh: Seriously, though, admirable goals you have in both weight loss and life!:smile:
  • agarlits
    Options
    Dude...eat em while you can cuz they don't serve wings in basic :laugh: Seriously, though, admirable goals you have in both weight loss and life!:smile:

Thats very true, I will definetly be craving wings by the time I'm done with BCT.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'm from Buffalo what do you think?????????? lol Well i get those super thin, skinless and boneless chicken breast and put frank's hot sauce and put it on a whole wheat roll!!!!!!!!!! hey I'm going to eat that for dinner.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'm from Buffalo what do you think?????????? lol Well i get those super thin, skinless and boneless chicken breast and put frank's hot sauce and put it on a whole wheat roll!!!!!!!!!! hey I'm going to eat that for dinner.
  • medicdon2004
    Options
    I chop up the chicken breast, douse it with Franks, and use Kraft's Fat-Free Roka Bleu Cheese Dressing on my salad.. almost as goos as Buffalo Wings.. ALMOST...
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Applebees has terrific honey buffalo wings, but they are incredibly naughty calorie wise. Doesn't stop me from craving them though!
  • Robby
    Robby Posts: 41
    Options
    MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm!:love:
  • agarlits
    Options
    Applebees has terrific honey buffalo wings, but they are incredibly naughty calorie wise. Doesn't stop me from craving them though!

Wouldnt stop me from eating them, I'm a wing glutton :devil:
  • GlamNGlitter
    Options
    bump for later!!! thanks for the recipie :flowerforyou:
  • Deweypc20
    Deweypc20 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I searched and found this thread.

I love buffalo sauce, prefer anything Frank's based to Texas Pete's, for example.

I have always had a thing where every new restaurant I go, I have to try their wing sauce. Whether it be wings, or tenders, I need to see how their sauce tastes, every place is so different.

Random note, usually to get my craving I will simply make chicken breast tenders BAKED in the oven, and then mix them and Frank's Red Hot in a bowl (or Frank's Wing Sauce, no need for butter!). I don't even missed the fried goodness.

I also just tried a mix of Frank's Red Hot, and fat free sour cream, and then crock potted some chicken breasts for 5 hours on high.

This was AMAZING, and totally took care of that little buffalo craving
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Yes,

I'm not sure the name of the wing sauce I used. But I bought a pouch at the store. Put it on some boneless skinless chicken breast and baked it.

Worked like a charm.
  • lindsay1982
    lindsay1982 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    "I also just tried a mix of Frank's Red Hot, and fat free sour cream, and then crock potted some chicken breasts for 5 hours on high."

Deweypc20 --- Thinking I may try your Crockpot recipe, I am a Crockpot Freak!!!!!!!! And, I love me some wings...:drinker:
  • Deweypc20
    Deweypc20 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    "I also just tried a mix of Frank's Red Hot, and fat free sour cream, and then crock potted some chicken breasts for 5 hours on high."

Deweypc20 --- Thinking I may try your Crockpot recipe, I am a Crockpot Freak!!!!!!!! And, I love me some wings...:drinker:

I saw a post somewhere that mentioned using Ranch Powder (to make Ranch dip) with buffalo sauce and crock pot, and I went to the store and forgot the ranch dip! So I gave some fat free sour cream a try, and it worked wonderfully to take out the bite. You can pre mix it to get it to a flavor you like.

Enjoy!