Ice cream...

Options
I had some extra calories last night, so I treated myself to a bowl of ice cream :love:

It has been quite a while, and I was wondering... what kind of an effect on your diet does this kind of indulgence have? (just in case I wanted to have this kind of treat more often, like weekly)

Replies

• Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I had some extra calories last night, so I treated myself to a bowl of ice cream :love:

It has been quite a while, and I was wondering... what kind of an effect on your diet does this kind of indulgence have? (just in case I wanted to have this kind of treat more often, like weekly)
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Ice cream doesn't bother me, but greasy/fast food sure does. :sick:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I agree, my body likes ice cream as a treat, but I need to steer clear of my favourite *gasp* cheesy foods like pizza and lasagna because I get uh....... irregular and feel AWFUL from it!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have ice-cream a few times week but i buy skinny cow or 100cal klondike sandwiches
    I recently bought Edy's frozen yogur (with live active cultures)..only 100 cals for 1 cup and it's REALLY good

Kim
  • jetswa737
    jetswa737 Posts: 28
    Options
    If you want Ice cream more often. Try Skinny Cow or even the Weight Watcher ice creams. They are pretty tasty.
  • moidyn
    moidyn Posts: 112
    Options
    So I thought that I could just be craving ice cream left and right, but I bought myself some fat free preach sorbet, and it does the trick!!
    Life is good!
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    On Saturdays when when i burn about 2,000 calories walking 18 holes carrying my own bag I treat myself to plain old DQ ice cream.
  • jetswa737
    jetswa737 Posts: 28
    Options
    Another option is frozen yougurt which is delicous and does not have too many calories.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is my life!!! lol

so I don't take it out of my diet but only reduce the amounts....I could do serious damage on some mint chocolate chip people! :ohwell:

I have found a new love of a frozen yogurt that is only 90 cals and delicious....Hoods Fat Free Frozen yogurt....I have been buying the blueberry and cream and omg its heavenly! w/out the guilt....two thumb up from me! lol

hugs!
    ali