help with chosing where to eat out tn low cal foods

Options
im looking for a place to eat like texas roadhouse applebees cheddars etc with great low cal options anyideas i ate roadhouse last week had a steak and chili was under my cals but just owndering if there is anymore tired of making dinner plus promethus is out!!!! trying to keep my loss going strong 23121781.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    If you're going to the movies consume your cals in buttered popcorn and candy of your choice
  • outlaw5353
    outlaw5353 Posts: 50
    Options
    o man i hate popcorn and butter ya weird i know i dont eat at the movies i just go to dinenr right before
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Applebee's has some really good choices. Really, any of the chain restaurants all have at least couple good options. I LOVE Chili's margarita grilled chicken. I ditch the beans and rice and get the mashed potatoes with pepper gravy. YUM.

Dang...now I think I need to go to Chili's this weekend LOL.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I go to Applebee's ..... they've got some ok meals in the 400-500 calorie range ....
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    frabz-One-does-not-simply-go-to-the-movies-and-not-buy-popcorn-and-sod-551c29.jpg
  • trecorder
    trecorder Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    if there is a "Seasons 52" near you ... try that... everything on the menu is under 475 calories. There's one here in Phoenix and its a nice treat!
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    frabz-One-does-not-simply-go-to-the-movies-and-not-buy-popcorn-and-sod-551c29.jpg

True story.
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Just remember that 99.9% of all restaurant meals are loaded with sodium! So drink plenty extra water to help out with that.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Applebee's has some really good choices. Really, any of the chain restaurants all have at least couple good options. I LOVE Chili's margarita grilled chicken. I ditch the beans and rice and get the mashed potatoes with pepper gravy. YUM.

Dang...now I think I need to go to Chili's this weekend LOL.
    *LOVE* the margarita chicken. I get it with the beans and rice though. Or I order a house salad instead, with oil and vinegar. And I use the lime in my salad with the O&V, cut the chicken up, and put it in too. SO GOOD.
  • ShanaGore
    ShanaGore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Chili's has some good options, also Ruby Tuesday has great options. I love to get the tilapia w/steamed veggies and salad. And most of the chain restaurants have their nutrition information online, so you can check it out ahead of time.
  • dsn1118
    dsn1118 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Even Texas Roadhouse isn't that bad. I get the grilled shrimp skewers with rice. Eat only one skewer of shrimp and half the rice, have lunch for the next day. They have an awesome grilled chicken salad as well, just get it without cheese and bacon. Also, Ruby Tuesday has a good selection of healthier foods.
  • outlaw5353
    Options
    lmao hahhaha well i am the one i am more of a pretzel kinda guy or cinnamon almonds
  • outlaw5353
    Options
    and no there isnt i live in hell paso tx i mean el paso
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend looking up the restaurants you're thinking of online and see if they have nutrition menus- if not, try Googling it. That way you can see what the restaurants have and base your decision on that. Plus if you decide what you want before you go, then when you get there you can choose to not even look at the menu and tempt yourself with all the unhealthy choices.
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    Vietnamese food....Pho is always a good choice!
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Cracker Barrel is good, and so is Marlins and Rays (owned by Ruby Tuesday). O'Charley's also has some great choices (chicken, steak, and tilapia, especially) but don't go near the prime rib pasta.....it's a calorie killer!!! Learned that one the hard way =(

The best thing you can do for yourself is look it up in the database or www.nutitionix.com beforehand. You might be surprised by what you can eat..... and what you probably shouldn't!!!

I eat out 3-4 times a week and continue to lose steadily :smile: Just make sure you drink plenty of water so you flush out the sodium -- restaurants are notorious for using a ton of it!!!
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Go to a great sushi place, only 150 calories for 6 rolls! It would be hard to go over your calories, even if you gave it your best shot.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Red Lobster, lots of low cal high protien options.

Just say no to the butter biscuits though...:noway:
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Red Lobster, lots of low cal high protien options.

Just say no to the butter biscuits though...:noway:

Yes, I don't like seafood but hubby does. I'll eat the popcorn shrimp, with mashed potatoes, and only eat half. Then I can have the biscuit too LOL.