Protein Shakes??

Options
13»

Replies

• RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Haha you can buy his protein book for $49.95 to learn all about proten!

I suggest you do so. It's a phenomenal reference.

Not if the end results are looking like he does. No thank you! :)

I respect Lyle because of his credentials, but to be honest the fact that I've never seen anything that suggest he actually applies his knowledge to his own body makes me take everything he says with a grain of salt.

He's an endurance athlete. His physique is consistent with his goals.

Google Tommy (Sporto) Jeffers. Just one of many that have applied Lyle's Methods.

tommy-jeffers-team-scivation.jpg
  • p1nsta
    p1nsta Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    All I can say is that, if your within your caloric boundaries you should be fine. Unless your going for something harder than the number 1 thing I would suggest. "All Max : ISOFLEX , natural" Just protein, non of that added crap ie. glucose, fructose, etc etc. Other wise you can always try Bulk barn (canada)
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    :smile:

Whey is among the most bioavailable forms of protein you can ingest, which means that your body is utilizing it MORE than most whole foods.

screenshot20120608at954.png

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/pmidlookup?view=long&pmid=10867064

Thanks for posting this chart. As a protein shake drinker myself I have been wondering what is the best type of powder. I personally drink either whey or soy and it looks like they are both good choices.

And for the original poster, I think protein shakes can be a great addititon to your diet as a meal replacement when you don't have time to prepare and eat a nutritious meal. I personally drink one for breakfast everyday and they give me energy and keep me full until lunch time. Previously I would skip breakfast, since I am not hungry in the mornings and that is a super busy time of day for me, and I would be ravenous at lunch time and make poor food choices. Depending on what I put in them (fruit, veggies, flavored extracts, pb, cappuccino powder) they range between 150-300 calories. They can also be great when you are on the go so you have something healthy and are not tempted with fast food.
  • DogsK
    DogsK Posts: 94
    Options
    Sorry what was the question again?
  • Shellyeubanks
    Options
    Haha you can buy his protein book for $49.95 to learn all about proten!

I suggest you do so. It's a phenomenal reference.

Not if the end results are looking like he does. No thank you! :)

I respect Lyle because of his credentials, but to be honest the fact that I've never seen anything that suggest he actually applies his knowledge to his own body makes me take everything he says with a grain of salt.

He's an endurance athlete. His physique is consistent with his goals.

Google Tommy (Sporto) Jeffers. Just one of many that have applied Lyle's Methods.

tommy-jeffers-team-scivation.jpg

Did a quick search and most of what I am seeing is he actually used Derek Charlebois for his diet on many occasions. Perhaps at some point he followed some of Lyles methods, but that doesn't mean anything. Lyle alone didn't get him looking the way he does. Plus, I know guys that look better than he does and they didn't follow Lyles methods at all. So his methods aren't the only way to go.

But again, to me, I'll take my advice from those that are actually applying and living the lifestyle that I am also living. :)
  • shondajo13
    Options
    I am no expert on weight loss. If I was I wouldn't be trying to loss weight now. But I am excellent at research. Don't pay for information you can find for free on the internet. Just look for a .org sight because these will include medical research rather than a mix off good information and false information.
    http://www.hussmanfitness.org/html/TFPostProtein.html

This covers why it is good to use protein shakes after a workout as well as how much you should have. Hope this helps.
  • KeishaK89
    KeishaK89 Posts: 40
    Options
    actually your friends could be right. some powders are bad for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn3gCiCh-4A&feature=plcp

a trainer at my gym told me about this youtube channel. it has alot of helpful info that helped me to loose my first 36lbs. 28 more to go! good luck.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options

Did a quick search and most of what I am seeing is he actually used Derek Charlebois for his diet on many occasions. Perhaps at some point he followed some of Lyles methods, but that doesn't mean anything. Lyle alone didn't get him looking the way he does. Plus, I know guys that look better than he does and they didn't follow Lyles methods at all. So his methods aren't the only way to go.

But again, to me, I'll take my advice from those that are actually applying and living the lifestyle that I am also living. :)

Perhaps this is why you are so ill informed.
  • Shellyeubanks
    Options

Perhaps this is why you are so ill informed.

Hey we can't all be as badass and knowledgeable as you! :)
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I was just about to ask the same question!! This helped me a lot!!
  • xButterflyEffectx
    xButterflyEffectx Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sorry what was the question again?

Exactly.
    Experiment and do what's right for you.
    Fructose doesn't work for me.
    Protein does.
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I drink the whey proetin i buy from walmart. Works for me, i add it to my meal replacement shakes like the Atkins shakes and the body by vi shakes for more protein. I especially like to drink the protein shakes after a good weight training or strength training workout.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Typical slimfast shake is 230 cals, 15g protein, 23 carbs (of which sugars 23) 7 fat, 3.5 fibre and sodium 0.23.

I spose u cud eat sumthn better fr u with same amount ov calories. I find it easier fr breakfast as i dont like to eat til abt lunchtime. Ur meant to have one fr brekky, one fr lunch and a normal dinner, but im cuttin out the lunch one and havn sumthn ov equal cals, but less fat.

ran this thru google translator...nothin.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I am at 186 right now... the powder I am using has 20 grams per scoop....never tried the slim fast though - don't they have more calories? and carbs? I don't know much about them????

Slim fast isn't a protein powder, it's pretty low protein, high sugar / carbs. People who use this *kitten* would be better off using an actual protein powder to at least get some nutrition from it!!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I am no expert on weight loss. If I was I wouldn't be trying to loss weight now. But I am excellent at research. Don't pay for information you can find for free on the internet. Just look for a .org sight because these will include medical research rather than a mix off good information and false information.
    http://www.hussmanfitness.org/html/TFPostProtein.html

This covers why it is good to use protein shakes after a workout as well as how much you should have. Hope this helps.
    bump