What do you like to have for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• jerseyjenus
    jerseyjenus Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    one cup of plain greek yogurt mixed with one cup of berries - yum!
  • alikat42
    alikat42 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Every couple of weeks I make up a batch of "freezer burritos" for breakfast. You need:

10 Wraps (Tumaro's brand are good - low cal/high fiber)
    12 Eggs
    1 Cup of shredded cheese
    Jar of salsa
    (You can also include bacon or sausage, if you want)

I scramble all the eggs together (mix in the cooked bacon or sausage at this point) and portion out into the wraps, add cheese and salsa, and roll. Line them up on a cookie sheet, stick them in the freezer until hard. At that point, pull them out, wrap each one in a paper towel, and then toss them into quart sized bags and back into the freezer.

They don't need to be thawed, just (still in the paper towel) toss in the microwave for 2-3 minutes and go. Depending on what I put in them, they usually end up between 200 and 300 calories, high protein, high fiber, yummy!
  • cali798x
    cali798x Posts: 32
    Options
    Bump...love the freezer burritos! Thanks
  • jcperkns
    jcperkns Posts: 109
    Options
    My favorites are a cup of vanilla yogurt with sliced strawberries and bananas, 2 slices of whole wheat toast topped with 1/2 tbsp peanut butter on each and a sliced banana, oatmeal, and the jimmy dean light breakfast sandwiches.
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    In a blender: 1 cup blueberries, 1 cup strawberries, 1 cup mashed bananas, 1 Tbs flaxseed, 1 cup Kale, water. Blend. Yum
  • BexleyGirl
    BexleyGirl Posts: 102
    Options
    I am boring....eggs or greek yogurt!
  • jcombs67
    jcombs67 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    1/2 an english muffin w/ a tablespoon of reduced fat peanut butter. Mmmmm good - LOVE peanut butter. =]
  • chaseb1986
    chaseb1986 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Rolled oats and a protein shake!!
    this
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    BCAAs
    OEP
    Water, Tea or coffee.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I can't stand to be rushed in the morning, so I get up an hour and 15 minutes before I need to leave the house. That gives me time to shower and dry my hair, read my newspaper while drinking my coffee, feed the dogs and give them their meds, put on my makeup and change my clothes. It also gives me time to make my smoothie and peel my hard boiled eggs that I take every morning for breakfast. I gotta have my breakfast or I would be a very unhappy person, as would anyone who would have to be around me. Oh, and I pack my gym bag before I leave, too.
  • amurph25
    amurph25 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Usually greek yogurt... mostly because when I was in school, I could grab it, run out the door and eat it it during class without being too loud or having much smell! If I'm feeling extra hungry one day, I'll grab a piece of fruit too. Now that it's summer time, I'll probably be looking into some other stuff as well :)
  • bdg511
    bdg511 Posts: 2
    Options
    Emerald makes "Breakfast On the Go" in Maple and Brown sugar. It has a mixture of oat clusters and nuts and has only 190 calories in one pack. I usually eat that especially when I'm in a rush and a fruit.
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is important to me so I don't rush it. Here is a capsule of some of them:

Brown Rice Breakfast Cassarole w/raisins; 1/2 C almond milk; warm in mw add a dollop of low fat whip cream (I would be glad to give anyone the recipe, just send me a msg.

Chobani plain ff yogurt; 1/4 C blueberries; 1 tsp flax meal; pkg of stevia; dollop of whip cream

Tacos, 2 small corn tortillas; filling of 1 slice canadian bacon, juilienned; 1/2 C egg beaters; 1 TBS Parm cheese; 1 C fresh spinach sauted with 1/2 C bell pepper & onion frozen mix; homemade taco seasoning. I mix it all together and add to the warmed tortillas. Sometimes I make a batch and freeze. Re heat frozen in mw for 1 or 2 mins.

Spinach and fresh tuna 2 egg omlet with special sauce (low cal and I will send anyone the recipe)

1 CRice Chex with strawberries, blue berries or cantalope w/ 1/2 C almond milk; pkg stevia; a dollop of whip cream.

I am gluten free....would love to hear from some others who are gluten free
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend and look through my diary! Except today. I had to run out the door WAY quicker than normal and I just grabbed a granola bar which was NOT enough!! Usually my breakfasts are between 250-400 calories!
  • owndbycatz
    owndbycatz Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal= 1/3 c. quick cooking oats + 2/3 c. water in the microwave 1 minute. Add 1/4 c. unsweetened soy milk = 120 cals. Add some fruit if you want and have time. It's quick, filling, low cal.
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Lettuce - Cos or romaine, raw, 169.5 g
    Cucumber - Peeled, raw, 110.0 g
    Bananas - Raw, 142 g e
    Pears - Raw, 177.5 g
    Lemon juice - Raw, 0.75 fl oz
    Seeds - Flaxseed, 6 g
    Natures Place - All Natural Spring Water, 10 fl. oz. (240mL)
    Apples - Raw, without skin, 183 g

Blended into a smoothie.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    When I was working, I had a protein shake almost every single morning. I like breakfast foods but I'm never very hungry in the mornings so I usually have something small and quick. I like:

Toast with PB and jam
    Half a whole wheat bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon
    Breakfast burritos (which I make on Sunday and then freeze) with egg, salsa, cheese and spinach/beans
    Pre-made and frozen French toast which I heat up in the toaster, spread PB and jam on top and make into a sandwich
    Oats with protein powder (takes 5 minutes to make, can let it cool while you shower and eat when you're done)
    Boiled eggs and some fruit
    Greek yogurt and fruit + a little honey if you want
    Overnight oats are great because you make them the night before
  • BeautifulBetsy
    BeautifulBetsy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I always sleep in, but I got a magic bullet a few months ago, and now I always just throw in a single yogurt with any type of frozen fruit blend, that and coffee and I'm a roll all morning, not to mention it keeps you fairly regular.
  • gmann1973
    gmann1973 Posts: 247
    Options
    2 whole eggs, 4 egg whites, 4 slices turkey bacon, 1/2 cup steel cut oats, 1/4 cup blueberries, and glass of OJ
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    If you don't have time to prepare anything, one thing I like to do is get those liquid breakfasts: http://www.carnationbreakfastessentials.com/Products/Powder/Variety-Pack/Description.aspx

I started drinking these in the morning, because I usually don't have an appetite. Plus, they're a quick solution if you're in a rush. Just add skim milk and mix. :)

Otherwise, I do a good cereal with berries and milk. :) Lately I've been able to eat breakfast in the morning. Maybe I"m changing.