May-June, Can you see a difference??? (Pics)

Options
concerto3
concerto3 Posts: 94 Member
Hey All :)
So I started hitting the gym 4/5x a week at the beginning of May when my Fiance joined. The top row of pictures were taken at 183lbs, and on May 1st. The second row were taken a few minutes ago, (June 8th?) and at 186/187lbs today. I've been feeling really frustrated as I've been bouncing between 183-188 all month and saw no losses or even my low weight again, have I made progress? Or am I just spinning my tires? I took photos today because I started 30DS and also plan to start C25K tonight and continue my usual lifting routine. (I only strength train, no cardio!) Opinions, good or bad!!! Sorry for the bikini! I hope it looks good someday!!!

May-JuneProgress.png

Replies

• megg0616
    megg0616 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The side view there is a huge difference! Keep up the great work
  • 2pinkTwo
    2pinkTwo Posts: 15
    Options
    I see it in the side and back views. Great job! Keep it up!!
  • BeantownSooner
    Options
    If you continue to only weight train I would refocus your progress on inches vs. weight. A pound is a pound but muscle is more dense than fat. For example, think of that question "what weighs more 1 Ton of Feathers or 1 Ton of Bricks?" Well they weigh the same but you'd fill up 50 dump trucks with feathers vs. 1 with bricks. Same thing with fat vs. muscle as fat takes up more "space". More than likely what's happening is you're replacing muscle weight with fat weight and thus the limited "weight loss".

As the other poster said you can definitely see it in the side profile. Rather than use the scale as a barometer start taking measurements: neck, around one shoulder, biceps, wrist, chest, abs (across belly button), waist (across middle of your bum), thighs, knees and ankles. Also, think of how you feel vs. what you weigh. Do your clothes feel looser and are you feeling more healthy. I'd bet you $100 that if you were 183 lbs of lean muscle and a size 10 you'd probably take that over being 183 lbs and a size 20 right?! :)

I would begin to introduce cardio into your program. Continue to do your weight training as you said but adding even 1 mile per day walking should help. Lastly, take a fresh look at what you've been eating. You have lost 51 lbs already so if you're still consuming the same amount of calories it could be time to drop that a couple hundred as your BMR is lower than when you started.
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    If you continue to only weight train I would refocus your progress on inches vs. weight. A pound is a pound but muscle is more dense than fat. For example, think of that question "what weighs more 1 Ton of Feathers or 1 Ton of Bricks?" Well they weigh the same but you'd fill up 50 dump trucks with feathers vs. 1 with bricks. Same thing with fat vs. muscle as fat takes up more "space". More than likely what's happening is you're replacing muscle weight with fat weight and thus the limited "weight loss".

As the other poster said you can definitely see it in the side profile. Rather than use the scale as a barometer start taking measurements: neck, around one shoulder, biceps, wrist, chest, abs (across belly button), waist (across middle of your bum), thighs, knees and ankles. Also, think of how you feel vs. what you weigh. Do you clothes feel looser and are you feeling more healthy. I'd bet you $100 that if you were 183 lbs of lean muscle and a size 10 you'd probably take that over being 183 lbs and a size 20 right?! :)

I would begin to introduce cardio into your program. Continue to do your weight training as you said but adding even 1 mile per day walking should help. Lastly, take a fresh look at what you've been eating. You have lost 51 lbs already so if you're still consuming the same amount of calories it could be time to drop that a couple hundred as your BMR is lower than when you started.

This makes good sense! I recommend adding some cardio too. I love weight training and was hesitant to do cardio but now I am a cardio addict.
  • concerto3
    concerto3 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost any inches from what I can tell either!!! My clothes aren't looser, and my measurements haven't shown a change either! I'm actually surprised to see the change in the side view pictures, it looks quite prominent for not being able to record a change anywhere. I will be starting a cardio program tonight, like I said, C25K :) And 30DS has a lot of Cardio in it as well I noticed today, it really got my heart pumping! I am really looking forward to starting some cardio tonight, hopefully to see more losses, and I want to be able to run!!!
    I wasn't tracking calories when I lost the majority of this weight, so I can't be sure how much I was eating, but right now I'm following an IF plan, and following my TDEE and BMR which I have calculated as recently as last week :)

Thanks for the opinions so far everyone!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!