gym or no gym??

Options
I am feeling soooo lazy today! I am talking myself out of working out today! Help!!!! I know I will hate myself later if I don't go. Help please!!!

Replies

• wordygirl
    wordygirl Posts: 28
    Options
    I am feeling soooo lazy today! I am talking myself out of working out today! Help!!!! I know I will hate myself later if I don't go. Help please!!!
  • kelpie06
    kelpie06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    don't think about it for another second.
    put your sneakers on and just go out the door.

:smile:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Get your butt to the gym.

Do it!:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Tell yourself you will just go for 20 minutes. If after 20 minutes you want to go home, you can.
  • nurseredtx
    Options
    Get off your butt and go, if we have to exercise then so do you so go NOW
  • nikki_b335
    nikki_b335 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    By now you should have gone to the gym! now its done and over with!!
  • bodibykelli
    bodibykelli Posts: 135
    Options
    Just got back from the gym myself...............GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! If the energized feeling you get from the gym isn't enough for you....think about the "extra" food you'll get to enjoy!!!!!! :tongue:
  • bodibykelli
    bodibykelli Posts: 135
    Options
    :flowerforyou: By the way, just turned 40 myself~ NOW GO!
  • wordygirl
    Options
    thanks for all the motivating words! Especially the firm ones!! :happy: My spin class isn't for another hour. I had a breakfast of oatmeal and yogurt and now I am watching the clock. I have lots of laundry to keep me busy til then...but it's a long hour!!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    you can dooooo it! lol....I've been there many times and I'm sooo proud of you for getting ready to go....you are going right?! we're watching you missy!!! lol

hugs and you'll have a blast!!!
    Ali
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I got some good advice from kitty1256 when I had the same problem.....and it totally worked. Keep it in mind the next time you don't feel like going:

Sometimes I motivate myself in small steps.

"....alright, i'm just going to put on my sweatpants and a t-shirt.... doesn't mean i'm going to the gym"

"...well, i put my sweatpants on, i might as well walk out to my car and go somewhere....."

"...i'm in my car, and my sweatpants are on...i might as well drive to the gym. i'll only work out for 15 minutes though."

"...well, i put my sweatpants on, got in the car, and drove all the way here, and worked out for 15 minutes - i might as well go for 30 minutes"

"...since i put my sweatpants on, got in the car, and drove all the way here and did 30 minutes of exercise, i might as well do 50 crunches...."
  • wordygirl
    Options
    charny, I love that advice!!! I will definitely put it to use!!

I just got back from the gym and I am soooo happy that I did. Though, I do feel worn out and totally out of shape! I am glad that I went! I hate feeling sweaty and spent! I am glad that I went! I have to rush to get the kids from school and I don't have time for a shower. Yuck!!! BUT...I AM GLAD THAT I WENT!!!

RIGHT????
    LOL