How much do you workout??? How many min, How many days a wee

Options
2»

Replies

• eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I am obviously slacking! 45-50 minutes of cardio 4 times a week, weight training twice a week.
  • tekrueger
    tekrueger Posts: 85
    Options
    I'm a 6 day a week person...
    typically
    Monday - run 60 min + weights 60 min
    Tuesday - preswimming workout (stretching, calisthenics, weights) 60 min + swimming 60 min
    Wednesday - run 60 min + weights 60 min
    Thursday - preswimming workout (stretching, calisthenics, weights) 60 min + swimming 60 min
    Friday - gym preswimming workout (stretching, calisthenics, weights) 60 min + swimming 60 min
    Saturday - run/bike 80 min + weights 60 min
    with Sunday or another day off. In general, I hate days off as I don't feel good.

I guess I am pretty hard core but I race in swim meets and in open water swimming races (I'm still slow though :sad: even with working out as much as I do). Starting in May and the opwn water races starting in June, I'll start two hour swimming sessions another 2/3 days a week a lay off weights and running a bit.

I think that the amount of time you put in depends really on what you are doing. I mean I can spend three hours like last night weight lifting but really I am only part of the time doing some serious lifting; in between, I am chatting with a friend and taking it easy.

So, I guess if you LIKE working out it's easy to spend a lot of time doing it; if you have some specific goals you've got to match up the parameters of activity, intensity level and time and then you'll have the "right" match theoretically at least.

I found max results for me with cardio everyday (5/6 days a week, 60 min) and weights for 60 min 3xs a week.

Thomas
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    Wow you are all doing so great!:flowerforyou:
    With the wether getting so nice I will start walking with the kids outside a lot more Too:happy:

Good job everyone:drinker: keep em coming:glasses:

Mary:happy:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Wow. I feel like such a n00b. :noway: :tongue:

I don't know how y'all have time to do all that. I'm doing like 30-45 minutes of running/walking 3-4 days per week + weights for 20-30 minutes 3 times per week.... and I still feel like it takes up all my free time! I can't imagine going all the way to the gym, too.

Y'all rock. :flowerforyou:

I am with you Keri! I feel like a total slacker! I have kids playing baseball 4 days a week so after work all day and then their practices, I am lucky to get to the gym 3-4 days a week including weekends.

I always do Monday Body pump and 3-4 miles treadmill, tuesdays off, wednesdays - spinning (1 hour with abs), thursday off (generally I will run at home 3-4 miles), friday - varies depending on schedule, saturday body pump or yoga, sunday - depends on what I did on saturday.
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Well... Due to my weight and condition of joints and my poor feet, my Dr. has instructed me to stick to no impact cardio until I reach the 250 lb mark. So as of now Im doing walking or elliptical daily , 7 days a week, because I can only make it 20 minutes at a time .... then Im in tears. Working on getting orthotics for my shoes so hopefully soon I'll be having much less foot problems and can up my time on the elliptical.
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have a few different outlets for my exercise, which makes it nice and full of variety!

Monday: Netball game, about 45 minutes
    Tuesday: Morning- body balance class (yoga/pilates mix) - 1 hour
    Evening - hour walk
    Wednesday: run, 30 mins
    Thursday: basketball training, 1 hour 10 mins
    Friday: leisurely walk, 40 mins
    Saturday: Basketball game, about 45 minutes
    Sunday: Body Pump class (weight trainging) - 1 hour
    walk, 40 minutes (to and from the gym for the pump class)
  • DianneLynn
    DianneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    3 days a week, 30 minutes high intensity resistance including 5 minute warmup on Treadmill & 4 *specific stretches after

2 days a week Treadmill ~ 25 minutes Low Intensity (pushing myself but something I can sustain for 10 minutes +) plus 5 minutes Moderate Intensity (pushing hard to get 5 minutes). First parameter to push is incline then start challenging by increasing speed. UGH! and ending with 4 *specific stretches after

*(specific to some areas I have where the muscles are just too tight and require some stretching to improve overall flexibility)

Weekends are reserved for "pleasurable" activity ie. a hike, bike ride, swimming etc.

This is my STARTER Program.

Gotta keep it movin!!!
  • kaiyacali
    kaiyacali Posts: 175
    Options
    40 mins 5 days a week :bigsmile: (lunch break)
  • dennis3541
    Options
    5 TO 6 day per week 5 day of cardio and 3 to 4 days weight traning and cardio. Eliptical for 30 minutes, treadmill, 20 minutes weights 20 minutes.
  • bodibykelli
    bodibykelli Posts: 135
    Options
    Cardio in the gym~ 90 min/5 days a week
    Strength training in gym~1 hour/2-3 days a week
    10 mile bike ride outside~Saturday & Sunday
  • greeneyedgirl
    Options
    I do 2 hours of cardio everyday of the week
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    well about 30-40 mins of cardio 5-6 days a week....20-30 mins of abs or strength/toning 3-4 times a week.....usually!!! I have my weeks when I'm lucky I get in 20 mins a day! but something is better than nothing! right? lol

hugs and great job everyone!
    ali
  • MDnns
    MDnns Posts: 18
    Options
    Bootcamp 5 days each week for 60 minutes.
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Options
    My friend April and I do our workouts at my home. We do 1 1/2hr. of workout tapes Mon. Wed. and Fri.(Tae bo, Hip hop Abs, Winsor, Tai Fit, or Cathe 10 min stumach with ball) We normally do 2 workouts a day. On Tue. and Thur. we either go walking for 70 minutes or we stay at my home and while one is jogging and walking on my treadmill or walking on incline the other is doing a cardio tape. Then we switch. We don't have a membership at no club. But we still seem to get it done. It has worked for us.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I swim twice a week for 30-45 min; elliptical 2x weekly 30-40 min; walk once or maybe twice a week, or do some yoga.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Some of you guys are seriously working out!! 2hrs a day? Wow!! :noway:

My personal goal since the beginning of the year has been to exercise 5 days a week. Lately, it's been 35min on the elliptical 3-5 x week, 40min strength training 1-2 x week, and 30-40min swimming 1 x week. Sometimes I'll squeeze in a 15-30min walk at lunch time, and this last Saturday my husband and I played tennis until I was tired and very red in the face (embarassed to say that was only 30min! :embarassed: )
    If I don't make it to the gym after work, I'll usually try to do a DVD workout at home or go on a 40min walk. For a while, I was doing a DVD in the morning so that I wouldn't feel too bad if I was too tired after work to go to the gym - but lately it's been too hard to get out of bed! (Hmmm, maybe I should sleep instead of reading all the forums... nah! :laugh: )

I'm thinking of joining a group exercise class at the gym to mix things up a little - I'm starting to get a little bored with the elliptical. :yawn:

Keep up the good work, everyone! :drinker:
  • greekgyrl02
    greekgyrl02 Posts: 123
    Options
    I work out 5 times a week an hour weight training 30 min abs and 30 on the treadmill. On my off days I go for hikes or play sports