Can't seem to lose any weight now..

Options
2»

Replies

• burbanum
    burbanum Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am thinking you probably at that lower BMI do not need to lose weight...but it is possible strength training and muscle building will give the shape and look you are wanting to achieve. And in order to build lean muscle mass which is what makes a body shaped you have to eat sufficient protein and calories. Check out the group Eat more to weigh less...this i a group of women who are all trying to fuel and eat what their body needs for a maintainable and enjoyable life. I wish you the best in this journey!
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Your supposed to take in at least a certain amount of carbs a day, but cutting them out should help you drop weight, its just not the best thing for you. And I read your message about drinking 8-10 glasses a day, I just told you about the first multiply and then divide because that will tell you how much water you are supposed to drink for your weight. There is such a thing as drinking too much water. The bigger you are the more water you need to drink, so since you are smaller and the weight you want to be is smaller than what you currently are you may be taking in too much water and causing yourself to carry around more water weight than you need.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    you did 13 hours of exercise the other day?
    make sure you are recording correctly.
    then you can eat back all your calories and still lose any excess fat if you still have any fat that is......:smile:
  • lovelysummerbabe2012
    Options
    you did 13 hours of exercise the other day?
    make sure you are recording correctly.
    then you can eat back all your calories and still lose any excess fat if you still have any fat that is......:smile:

I get up early. I do a lot of different exercises..
  • lovelysummerbabe2012
    Options
    Your supposed to take in at least a certain amount of carbs a day, but cutting them out should help you drop weight, its just not the best thing for you. And I read your message about drinking 8-10 glasses a day, I just told you about the first multiply and then divide because that will tell you how much water you are supposed to drink for your weight. There is such a thing as drinking too much water. The bigger you are the more water you need to drink, so since you are smaller and the weight you want to be is smaller than what you currently are you may be taking in too much water and causing yourself to carry around more water weight than you need.

It say's 5.25
  • teagirlmedium
    Options
    Do you way 70 pounds?
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Clearly you are still working through some issues and at this time your mental health is the priority NOT losing 10 pounds. The fact that you have focused in on those few pounds is a sure sign you are not recovered. That and the insane amount of calories burned through exercising!!!!!! Just how much are you exercising a day?!?! You have put your body through so much stress these last few years it needs to recover.

Please seek counseling with a qualified professional!!!!
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Is it because my body is fine at this weight?
    My BMI is 19.8. I've been all over with my weight. Highest BMI 25. I was fat. It was gross. Then I went to a whole new extreme a year later and was at a dangerous BMI of 15 due to anorexia.
    Now I'm at 19.8-20.
    I'd like to lose..10 pounds and my doctor even said it would be fine. I can't seem to lose weight though! My dairy's open so..please help!

Just and FYI and this mostly to anyone else who posts in this or any thread referencing a Medical or Nutrition professional, if you've been to a doctor they've steered in some direction that's not MFP.
    I say this because I have gone to many Medical and Nutritional professionals, and NONE of them told me to "jsut lose weight." They gave me some details and some round about instructions on how to go about it, and some monitoring if I wasn't seeing results.

the best thing for this poster, and any other poster referecing these professionals is to continue to seek guidance with them.
  • teagirlmedium
    Options
    I'll give you an example with my starting weight. 158lbs x 0.6 = 94.8 oz / 8 oz = 11.85 glasses of water a day. If you did the equation right then you must way 70 lbs. Which if you are 23 as your profile says is unhealthy for your age because age also figures into what a person should weight as well as the peson's body build and gender and some other factors.