it's a new person...RUN AWAY!!!

Options
So apparently if you are reading this post you didn't listen to my advice and RUN AWAY!!! Not my advice specifically but Monty Python in the Holy Grail gives good advice! :D

SO. I've been on this site tracking my calories for a month. I try to get to the gym anywhere from 3-5 days a week. I'm taking it very slow to begin with. I've been so far out of shape for so long I don't want to get frustrated and quit....again....and again.....and again.... you get the idea.

So a little over a month ago I got on a scale and finally got disgusted with myself. I'm 5'9 - 10ish and I weighed 210. When I graduated high school in 2002 I weighed maybe 135 soaking wet. So after a month of keeping track of what I'm eating and going to the gym I've lost 8 lbs. Depending what scale you listen to I either weigh 202, 204, or 205 haha. All 3 scales agree I've lost 8 lbs though. So I say I'm off to a great start and just need to keep it up!

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Welcome to posting and awesome job!!! Keep it up you are doing great!!!
  • threeupthreedown
    Options
    Good for you!!!
    YOU are doing it!!!
    YOU go girlfriend!!!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and congrats on the weight loss already!

If your scales all say different things, then don't use them as the final word in your weight. Go by how your clothes feel!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and great job with your first month! I've been here about a month myself, and am also taking it pretty slow. Funny - we actually have a lot in common; I also graduated high school in 2002 and have been out of shape for awhile now. (You were healthier than I was in 2002, though!)

You're off to a great start! If you ever need some motivational help or really, anything, this is a great community with lots of wonderful people. :smile:
  • slimmingmom
    Options
    Welcome!!!
  • glnblnd
    glnblnd Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

threeup... just one change. I'm a guy. haha.

accountant_boi... one more thing. I'm an accountant... well auditor... but yeah.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

threeup... just one change. I'm a guy. haha.

accountant_boi... one more thing. I'm an accountant... well auditor... but yeah.

How funny! I work as a property accountant - sometimes I wish I were in audit so that I didn't have to go back to school to qualify for my CPA license!
  • jtorres81
    Options
    Well good luck with ur weight loss we all know what it is like, i weigh 204 but, i'm way shorter than u, try 5' 4'' and when i graduated high school i was 165. Anyways if u like add me to ur friends. Thank care n good luck!!!
  • glnblnd
    Options
    accountant.... I still have to go back to school to qualify for my CPA license. Not sure about you, but here you have to have 150 semester hours regardless of experience. But either way... I'm in internal audit and I love it. So much better than regular accounting work.

jtorres thanks! good luck to you too. I hope you meet your goals! and yeah I'll add you as a friend.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    accountant.... I still have to go back to school to qualify for my CPA license. Not sure about you, but here you have to have 150 semester hours regardless of experience. But either way... I'm in internal audit and I love it. So much better than regular accounting work.

jtorres thanks! good luck to you too. I hope you meet your goals! and yeah I'll add you as a friend.

Yeah - i know about the 150 hours - I had that as an undergraduate, but my accounting job doesn't qualify as experience in my state for the CPA license... (you have to be in internal audit or a CPA firm) since I don't want to change jobs, I'm going for further education in lieu of experience. So many rules!! (for a good reason...) Ha...guess this got a little off topic...sorry!
  • glnblnd
    Options
    ah right. got ya.. my bad. I misunderstood what you meant. And off topic? No worries for me. I'm the king of off topic on other forums I've posted on.