How much peanut butter is too much peanut butter??

Options

Replies

• Jordant107
    Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I even double dip because hey--it's my jar of peanut butter. Touch it, and you may lose a finger. It's MY YUMMY!
    Haha- I'm with you here!! :)
  • sortin
    sortin Posts: 78
    Options
    The only issue with peanut butter is that it can be problematic to track. What most people count a 2tbs is usually much more. (If you have a digital scale, weigh out what you believe to be 2tbs and compare it to the nutrition label --- you'll most likely find that it's more than you think).
    I make peanut butter sandwiches with 2tbs and it's just slightly less than I would normally want to use.
  • Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    The limit does not exist.
  • missxjuicy
    missxjuicy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I stick to one or 2 a day. Im not a beast anymore lol. Besides you only really need one 2 make a samich. :smile: Why eat out of a jar???

11662968.png
  • Jordant107
    Options
    Why eat out of a jar???
    Cause it is SOOOOOO good!!! :)
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Why eat out of a jar???

Also easier to track.

Weight the jar before chowing down. Then weigh it when you're done. You'll know exactly how much you ate.

(That's my story and I'm sticking to it).
  • NeverEverEasy
    Options
    I love peanut butter especially with nutella.:love:

This! ^^^ Yumm!!
  • NeverEverEasy
    Options
    I usually have 1 or 2T a day. I love it on apples, bell peppers, celery and espeically %100 whole wheat tortillas.
  • Jordant107
    Options
    Why eat out of a jar???

Also easier to track.

Weight the jar before chowing down. Then weigh it when you're done. You'll know exactly how much you ate.

(That's my story and I'm sticking to it).
    I've never thought to do that- I'll keep it in mind!! Thanks!!
  • Jordant107
    Options
    I love it on apples
    How do you do that.......................just smear it across the outside, or do you cut up the apple and put peanut butter onto each slice??
  • AmyLyn1983
    AmyLyn1983 Posts: 100
    Options
    1banana and some peanut butter. Best. Snack. Ever.
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to 2tbsp but that's sooo hard, I love the stuff. On rice cakes, peanut butter and banana sandwhiches for lunch, just to have a spoonful sometimes is yummy too!
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I love it on apples
    How do you do that.......................just smear it across the outside, or do you cut up the apple and put peanut butter onto each slice??

Just dunk it!!!
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    as long as it fits into your cals for the day...I say no limit! :wink:
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    as long as it fits into your cals for the day...I say no limit! :wink:

Totally. I had 3.5 TBS today and stayed something like 16 cals under my daily goal. Plan for it and you can have as much as you "need".
  • 1hotmomma76
    Options
    Oh my gosh...now I want some peanut butter!!!:grumble:
  • Jordant107
    Options
    Oh my gosh...now I want some peanut butter!!!:grumble:
    I had the same feeling after reading all the responses!!! I decided to try 2 Arnott's Cruskits Lite Crackers with peanut butter, and then 1/2 a sliced banana on each (it was the first time I'd tried the combination).......................................and it was awesome:)
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Too much was apparently the amount that put me into anaphylactic shock...I can no longer eat nuts or seeds after years of eating tons of nut butters when I was vegan.
  • SashThompson
    SashThompson Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I live in New Zealand and people just DON'T east peanut butter here, you put it on toast in the morning and that's pretty much it (apart from the odd person) I feel bad even eating it on toast
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me feel better about the daily average of 4T I eat, sometimes more. I don't care; the little to go cups are a life saver for a snack when I am swamped in clinical or in my 6 + hr lectures.