What is your weight loss goal?

Options
What are your weight loss goals and what are you doing to reach them?

I will go first:

I am 312.6 lbs and my goal is to be 180 lbs. What I am doing to reach this goal is making sure I reach my minimum caloric intake suggested to me. I have a problem getting enough calories during the day which is just as bad as getting too many. I am also walking for a minimum of 40 min a day which I have gone over on the time every single walk :-). I have also stopped eatinf after seven o'clock and make sure that I drink lots of water which has never been a problem for me just now I'm more conscious of how much I intake.

Let's all be encouraged and let's all be happy that we are actively changing :-).

Peace and Grace to all.

Replies

• AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    What are your weight loss goals and what are you doing to reach them?

I will go first:

I am 312.6 lbs and my goal is to be 180 lbs.

Pretty much the same thing. I started around 300 lbs and I'm down around 230 atm. Would like to get to 180.

I go to gym as often as I can sometimes 6 days a week I make sure I do strength training at least 3 days a week and limit my calories to a deficit of about 500-1300 a day and make sure I take all my supplements and protein. It's been working so far.
  • LadyLightning7
    Options
    Hello. I am currently 212lbs and I would like to be 150 but realistically I would be happy with 160. I also am walking 40 mins a day and trying to not eat after 7 pm while meeting my caloric intake. It is kind of hard eating 3 times a day lol. Over the next few weeks I will be incorporating more fruits and vegetables into my diet yay! I wish everyone the best on their health journey.
  • missjohnson1
    Options
    That's awesome Belial . How long have you been on your regime? What kind of foods do you eat?
  • KeKy4
    KeKy4 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Started at 230, if I can get to 150 I'll be thrilled. 130 would be a dream! We'll see!

I'm counting calories and exercising 6 days a week. I typically do a combo of treadmill, elliptical and weights for one hour!
  • missjohnson1
    Options
    Hehe Lady I walk w you. I am also increasing fruits and vegetables. Lol and your pickles. Can't beat all the pickles you can eat for no caloric increase haha. Not eating after seven is extremely hard. Especially when you aren't home until almost then which is my case. And when you are running after two kids all day which is yours. But we will persevere. ,-)

Good Luck everyone.

* craving captain crunch, but instead I shall sleep haha *
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Started at 365, at 194 and aiming for 120 - 145 pounds. I was crazy strict for a year. Exercised an hour and a half a day for a while there and ensured a defecit AT ALL COSTS. I've totally mellowed out now but still keep a balanced diet and regular exercise. I'll get there eventually.
  • missjohnson1
    Options
    Keky that's totally awesome if you continue to do what you are doing there is no doubt that you'll hit 130 :-). I'm thinking about adding leg weights to my walks in a week.

Ms. Jess you will definitely get there you are doing fantastically and look fantastic. You're truly an inspiration. :-)
  • Scandinavia
    Scandinavia Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I started at 240, am now 213. I just go by mini-goals, and the first is get down to 200 by the end of July, hopefully 185-190 by Halloween. ;)
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Hehe Lady I walk w you. I am also increasing fruits and vegetables. Lol and your pickles. Can't beat all the pickles you can eat for no caloric increase haha. Not eating after seven is extremely hard. Especially when you aren't home until almost then which is my case. And when you are running after two kids all day which is yours. But we will persevere. ,-)

Good Luck everyone.

I'm just curious why you don't eat after 7? As long as you are staying under your calorie goal, it doesn't matter at all what time you eat. I'm just thinking that you shouldn't make it more difficult by setting unnecessary rules for yourself.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Trying to go from 185 to 125/120. Just exercising more and eating less!
  • elizaberries
    Options
    to get my BMI to 20. i'm close, maybe 8 or 9 more lbs.
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    hey im mark...started at 223 and want to get to 170...maybe 160 weill see :) .... currently 182 and still trucking, i indoor bike and walk almost every day and watch my food intake and have started to just eat as many whole foods as i can...lift weights about 3 days a week. This last leg of the journey will be tough but im focused and happy so far so ill keep it up.

I agree eat when you want just dont go over your limits and if your going to go over try and make it protein that you over eat as its hardest to convert to fat :)

I wish you best of luck and you will thank yourself in the end
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

Good Luck everyone.

I'm just curious why you don't eat after 7? As long as you are staying under your calorie goal, it doesn't matter at all what time you eat. I'm just thinking that you shouldn't make it more difficult by setting unnecessary rules for yourself.

Personally, I have found that setting strict goals in the beginning work very well...because the main thing overweight/obese people need is DISCIPLINE! THEN as they move forward in THEIR Program, they will/may adjust it. When someone is doing WELL in THEIR Program, don't give them yours!!! Someone did that to Me and believe it or not it took Me 11 year to get back where I was before they made THEIR Suggestion.

If YOU are doing good on YOUR Plan, go forward! Forget the "GURUS."
  • Moviedust
    Moviedust Posts: 110
    Options
    I'm 161 lbs (started at 191.8lbs) and my original goal was 150 lbs (which I would be happy with) but if I can start losing again (been at a plateau) I would like to be at 140lbs.
  • annieb43
    annieb43 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am at 215 today down 4# in the past week since I started journaling. I ride the recumbent bike for 20 minutes 3 times a week. I had 3 surgeries last year on my R knee.so walking is a problem but the bike is OK. I have been on this journey for nearly a year when I was 250#. Lost 20# before all my surgeries and at one point was down to 205 after a bad drug reaction. Last surgery was in October and after I felt better my appetite increased and and each month I have been gaining. It stops now. I am a mini goal setter so my first goal is 200#. I can do this. I am a weight watcher doing it myself.
  • tigtigs
    tigtigs Posts: 52
    Options
    Started out at 285...down to 190...want to get to 160...so just trying to get those last 30 off!! I go to the gym 5-6 days a week, run 3 days a week, and get 3 days of weight training in. I keep within my calorie goals that MFP lays out for me...and seems to be doing the trick. Good luck to you as well...we are all in this together!! :-)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    First goal: <165lbs which will put me at a healthy BMI
    Second goal: 150-155 lbs
    Last goal: 150-155 lbs with 17-19% body fat

Slowly but steadily losing fat and strength training to help prevent muscle loss (keeping my BF% low). It's a long road, but I'll get there.
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options

Good Luck everyone.

Personally, I have found that setting strict goals in the beginning work very well...because the main thing overweight/obese people need is DISCIPLINE! THEN as they move forward in THEIR Program, they will/may adjust it. When someone is doing WELL in THEIR Program, don't give them yours!!! Someone did that to Me and believe it or not it took Me 11 year to get back where I was before they made THEIR Suggestion.

If YOU are doing good on YOUR Plan, go forward! Forget the "GURUS."

Woah! I wasn't trying to give you my program, at all. They're are just a lot of myths out there about eating late. Anyway, glad you are doing well, and good luck!
  • Chitownempress
    Options
    I am 255. I was 298 when I started. I weight goal is 165.
  • NanaB2011
    NanaB2011 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was around 275, I am currently 190.8 and would love to be 155-160. I walk 5-6 times a week, I love to walk! I am also currently doing the JM 30 Day Shred.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!