For All my Fellow Believer's! My Body is A Temple

Options
My Body is A Temple

Hot sweat beads on her brow,her chest raises and collapses in rythm with her feet. Knees feel weak but her determination is stronger than her desire to quit. Heart racing, if you listen hard enough you can hear each thud like the beating of a congo.

The sweet taste of salty sweat sneaks between her lips, eyes lit, fingers gripping tight. This is it, no turning back. Blood pumping, feet hot, head wet, and shoulders tight. She is running. There is no one chasing her, no fear, no search for an escape. She is running. Not toward a light or to win a race. She is running, fine tuning, re-creating, remodeling her temple.

Ripping out the muscle walls, making way for a new, more brilliant design. Breaking the framing so that it can be re-built from the Master plans. The music is her wrecking ball, changing the way she sees. This body,this flesh and bone,a gift! Meant to be treasured, respected, and loved. It's been defiled and corrupted, rejected, and neglected. Rubble? Maybe. Broken? Certainly. Misunderstood? Without a doubt. But hopeless? Never.

She steps off and away, muscles spasming with joy, body drenched from head to toe, hands numb, feet still aching to run. This isnt the end, but the beginning has just begun. She smiles wide, cheeks glowing like ripe peaches in a tree, a sigh of gratitude escapes her reddened face. My body is a Temple.

Tamera Rasmussen AKA Mom on a Mission AKA Rasgirl24

Replies

• jayb33z
    jayb33z Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hey Beavis....i think i, uh, just innoculated...
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    What?
  • jayb33z
    Options
    ha ha, im teasing goober. great read.
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    Options
    ha ha, im teasing goober. great read.
    I was like you vaccinated or immunized something or someone? Thats what inoculate or inoculated means.
  • jayb33z
    Options
    yes. it was a rather poor attempt @ humor. my apologies
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options

THIS is what you post on something so beautifully written? Would you poop on a Picasso? Jeez. :grumble:
  • nrperry529
    nrperry529 Posts: 25
    Options
    wow! this is awesome! you have such a great gift! our bodies are temples God has entrusted to us to take care of while we are here for a short time. so happy to be re-modeling mine with a great friend by my side! love you!
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    Options

THIS is what you post on something so beautifully written? Would you poop on a Picasso? Jeez. :grumble:
    Hahaha thanks bm99 for having my back, I dont think he meant any harm. I put it out there at the risk that to some it will be a joke but if to one other person it means as much as it does to me it is a total success!!! xoxo
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    Options
    wow! this is awesome! you have such a great gift! our bodies are temples God has entrusted to us to take care of while we are here for a short time. so happy to be re-modeling mine with a great friend by my side! love you!
    I love you too "sister", I am pretty sure I have grown even more exponentially because you are in my life! xoxo
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    Options
    Thanks to those who read it!
  • atasha82
    atasha82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is awesome i can totally relate to that from when i completed my first 13.1 it was a big rush, nothing like it.
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    Options
    That is awesome i can totally relate to that from when i completed my first 13.1 it was a big rush, nothing like it.
    I can run on the elliptical for an hour straight on level 9 or 10 and I can ride a bike on 10 to 15 for 20 minutes but running is quite hard for me. I am working on it a little every day, I will get there, I just know it. Thanks for sharing!!!!
  • cwelch2677
    cwelch2677 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that. I've been sitting here for 20min trying to psych myself up to go run 7miles and I really didn't want to, but this has been a good reminder of how we should live our lives to honor God. Thanks again, am getting up now to put on my running gear :smile:
  • TrishaGuy
    TrishaGuy Posts: 63
    Options
    I loved this. My reason for joining MFP came thru knowing that I was not caring for the gift that God had blessed me with. One day I was thanking God for all my blessings and it came to me (devine intervention) that I was not taking care of the one place where the spirit dwells. My house is clean,my car is clean,my yard is clean.....why did I not think to cleanse my body (not talking about a shower). I have always been taught to care for your blessings or they stop coming until you learn. I was not horrible but not great either.....as of March 2,2012 I decided to change my life style ( not there yet but getting better) I have lost 20 lbs. and started exercising at least 6 days per week. I LOVE IT.....and I am so blessed.
    You write very well and I really enjoyed reading your thoughts. Thank you so much for sharing. I could totally relate to what you were saying.:flowerforyou:
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    BEAUTIFUL!
  • TammyW18
    TammyW18 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Amen!
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Bump =)
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    Options
    I loved this. My reason for joining MFP came thru knowing that I was not caring for the gift that God had blessed me with. One day I was thanking God for all my blessings and it came to me (devine intervention) that I was not taking care of the one place where the spirit dwells. My house is clean,my car is clean,my yard is clean.....why did I not think to cleanse my body (not talking about a shower). I have always been taught to care for your blessings or they stop coming until you learn. I was not horrible but not great either.....as of March 2,2012 I decided to change my life style ( not there yet but getting better) I have lost 20 lbs. and started exercising at least 6 days per week. I LOVE IT.....and I am so blessed.
    You write very well and I really enjoyed reading your thoughts. Thank you so much for sharing. I could totally relate to what you were saying.:flowerforyou:
    I am so glad you understand and I am so proud of you for also taking control and taking care of yourself! Way to go on the weight loss and I pray that you will reach all of your goals! We are so blessed to be in these bodies, it is so eay to take them for granted. I dont want cancer, an illness or any other situation to be the cause for me to be grateful for what I already have. Thanks for your comments!
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    Options
    Thanks for that. I've been sitting here for 20min trying to psych myself up to go run 7miles and I really didn't want to, but this has been a good reminder of how we should live our lives to honor God. Thanks again, am getting up now to put on my running gear :smile:
    Awe, I am soglad this was motivating for you, it's funny,some days I cant wait to get to the gym and others I need motivation. I hope it was a great run! And yes we are supposed to live our lives to honor God and that can be amazingly hard but so much easier with the right kind of support.
    xoxo