Fit-to-Fight

Options
I'm in the Air National Guard, and I am looking to shed about 20-30lbs and improve my run time so I can meet the Air Force's "Fit-to-Fight" fitness standards. I had lost 25 lbs in 2 months once before. That was in Afghanistan where it is easy to walk several miles a day, pick healthy foods, and workout every day. You don't have family obligations tying you down. Since being in Afghanistan 2 years ago I have gained about 18 lbs of that back. I don't want to go back that direction.

I travel a fair amount and have been gaining some pregnancy weight (my wife is pregnant). I started to eat cleaner about 2 weeks ago and started Supreme 90 Day this week. Frankly, i am very sore, but glad to be getting up at 5:30am to exercise.

Replies

• sunsportsmom
    sunsportsmom Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Josephrleik for your service to our country. I'll be rooting for you!:flowerforyou:
  • 2Tim1_7
    2Tim1_7 Posts: 7
    Options
    Joseph, I can relate. I'm in the Army myself, trying to lose 45 lbs (I have a bit further to go) in order to get better at the PT test, and just get out of this bad place I'm in weight-wise. I definitely could use some support and, like you, don't want to have to burden my wife and family with it. Good luck!
  • Lette75
    Lette75 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm in the Air Force Reserve and I also need to lose weight to help me stay below the waist measurement. I've never had a problem with the push ups or situps, I've been very consistant over the years. I waiver back an forth on the run, primarily because I'm on blood pressure and migraine medications and I have either been exempt from the run or I ran it while on beta blockers. I've been adjusting my medication types, so I can be compatible with the Air Force (i.e., I had to change from a beta blocker to a calcuim channel blocker, since it doesn't affect the heart rate). I'm currently on a LOD and I'm waiting to meet a med board for anxiety, high BP and migraines. If I'm cleared to return to duty, I will have to do my fit to fight right away. I'm "not current" because of the length of time my LOD has taken. I seriously need to lose about 40 lbs, but I'd be happy with losing 25 lbs. I just started the Dukan Diet today. I hope it works!
  • stephanne82
    stephanne82 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I got out of the Air Force Reserves last May after serving 9.5 years. My husband is still in and trying to get back in shape, after an injury. Good luck!
  • robmckim2
    robmckim2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Glad to see my fellow Brothers and Sisters from the different Armed Forces on here! I'm a full time staff member in the Missouri Army National Guard and am working on staying "Fit to Fight" as well. I'd like to drop around 30 lbs over the next 3 months, so that I'm better than ever on my 40th birthday in SEP! I know it's a little vanity but the bottom line is that I must stay fit in order to keep my career progressing in the right direction.
    I'm a runner (3 half marathons, 2 10K's, dozens of 5K's) but am completely side-lined from running right now due to injury and am starting to bicycle more. I don't love it as much as running but find that I'm not terrible at it, so I'll attempt to do more!

Good luck to you all and I'm proud of each of you!
    HOOAH!