2»

Replies

• RunEloiseRun
    Options
    I love orbit and I never log it.
  • builtforlife
    builtforlife Posts: 259
    Options
    No i dont think you have to log it. It shouldnt hurt unless you're fasting for a blood test or something like that.
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I am a gum chewer myself and I find it helps a lot with curbing my appetite. However, I don't record it considering everything with one piece of gum is so small, so it wouldn't hurt much as long as I'm below my calories for the day.
  • emilymichellee
    Options
    Gum keeps me from snacking a lot. I don't log it because usually it's about 5 cals and you burn like 10 cals an hour just chewing gum. Hahahaha! I'm such a cheater! But I do chew my gum for that long. :)
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I figure it saves me a ton of calories just because it keeps my mouth preoccupied (here it comes!).

I think adding the (here it comes) just enhanced your awesomeness there. Well done.
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    I'm chewing some right now. My only thought is I should replace this one. I CAN'T TASTE NO MINT
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I chew sugar free gum like orbit or trident sometimes and I never log it. I don't even chew it everyday and only a piece or two if I do, so no big deal. Helps me out sometimes.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I'm chewing some right now. My only thought is I should replace this one. I CAN'T TASTE NO MINT
    :laugh:
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I chew Orbit Bubblemint all day long at work (for some reason, never at home now that I think about it).

It has never occurred to me to log my gum and I lose just fine so I think it is so minimal, it won't make much difference. And you probably burn some cals by chewing...just kidding.

Lol me too...at work all the time but not at home. Weird!
  • shayleeloves
    Options
    I chew gum all day every day and I never log it. I figure I'm easily burning those 5 calories per stick just by chewing it for so long :happy:

good point!
    *goes to chew gum*
  • dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    i find that I always need to be chewing something so to avoid eating loads of food, i use gum. I'm addicted and i'm trying to ween off of it but so far it has helped so much.
  • Drevious
    Drevious Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Gum is healthy to chew after you eat. My ex's mom is a dentist and their whole family chews gum after they eat lunch as well as during the day. On a side note though "sugar free" gum still has artificial sweeteners which still have calories as well as unknown outcomes on the human body! Needless to say, knowing this, I never count gum (7 calories a stick) or my green tea which is also 7 calories both because they have carbohydrates. Hidden calories, hidden calories...sigh!
  • kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I chew orbit sweetmint too and used to log it. when i realized it was 3 calories, and nothign is actually swallowed, i figured it burns at least that many calories to chew it if not more. Like others have said it can keep your mouth occupied, stimulate saliva production and ward away bad breath. More pros than cons i'd say
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I chew gum a lot, I never log it.
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I can't chew gum as it makes me hungry! I think is because the chewing action makes my brain send signals to my stomach that food is coming, and then when food doesn't arrive the belly grumbles!
  • stevebales
    Options
    I do all the time, can easily go through a pack a day - I try and stick to the Wrigleys Extra Sugar Free or the Extra Ice (not sure if you guys get that in the US). Though someone did say to me it can be a bit bad when on a diet, as the chewing gets your stomach expecting food or something - but been 6 months on here and nothing bad as yet :smile:
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-chewing-gum-i19163

obviously every gum is different but the above is 7 cals a stick .... so a pack of 10 = 70 cals .. it mounts up ............ im not a gum chewer but if I was id log it as the cals seem high to me :) ..... Id just add them as "quick add cals"
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I dont log it either...

BUT

I am 5 days clean. Gum gives me the worst tummy aches. Sometimes I cant even do a crunch because my tummy is so bloated, and sometimes when I am doing aerobics, every bounce makes me fart!! I am going to try and go a month without gum. It makes me feel so much better when I dont eat it!!!
  • mrmv
    mrmv Posts: 95
    Options
    Never log gum
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I'm not alone :) I am a crazy gum chewer especially at work due to the amount of junk food I have around me all the time. That being said I do log it, even though it's Trident, sugar free, it has calories and a ton of carbs and I like to keep an eye on my macro's. Its a constant battle to cut down on it as I was up to 18 pieces a day (90 calories and 18 carbs), now around 8 sticks a day. I'd rather use those carbs for food whenever possible.