What is your weight loss goal?

2»

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    I'm almost 37 years old and 5'7"... I'm about 173 lbs right now and I consider myself a runner. My ultimate weight goal is 150 lbs, at which point I'll be about 20% body fat. But I am trying to balance losing fat with running well this race season. I have a 10mile (16km) race next weekend that gains 4100' in elevation so I'm spending 2 weeks eating at my maintenance level so I'm all fueled up for this ~3 hour endeavor. After that I'll go back to a deficit to hopefully drop some more pounds before my half marathon in August. Starting in September I'm going to pick up the weights and get stronger. I want to do a Spartan Race and Tough Mudder next spring/summer.

My goal is to roll into my 40's in the best shape of my life.
  • CourtneyHollinger
    CourtneyHollinger Posts: 57 Member
    Those are wonderful goals and changes!

I am 205 lbs and my goal is to be 130 lbs but with this in mind if I have wonderful muscle increase then I will be happy at 140-150 also. So my first goal is 55 lb. My changes are... Using my calorie, fat, protein, ect chart as my goal guideline. My problem also was that I didnt eat enough. Also, I set myself a reasonable goal of working out/ walking 3 days a week for 30 minutes each day. I think that with my 2 yr old I can manage at least this and have so far. At the gym its 1 day cardio next day weights, ect. I feel so good after I workout. Thank you for sharing your story and I hope you enjoy your weekend. Keep up the awesome work! :happy:
  • nickyjl81
    nickyjl81 Posts: 66
    Started at 183, down to 173 now and goal is 158 (the weight i was when I met my fiance 6 years ago) although once I get to 158 I may put a little further to get to 150.

I'm sticking to 1200 calories a day and exercising 4-6 times a week doing Wii Biggest Loser, Wii Boxing and lots of walking.
  • graves2102
    graves2102 Posts: 38
    I'm 5'7", started at 190, currently at 181 and aiming for 140! Eating around 1450 a day and burning 300 in exercise (sometimes/sometimes not eating up my exercise calories). :)
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    I am 5'5 and started at 115kg (253lb) and am now at 104.6ish kgs (231lb)
    My goal is 80kg (175lb)

The main exercise I do is walking, I aim to walk 40 minutes around 3 - 4 times a week. I am currently eating 1700 calories a day minimum. I lose around a pound to pound and a half a week (give or take)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Started at almost 500 lbs. I never got an exact number. The doctor's scale had me in the 480's but even that wasn't accurate since it wasn't designed to go past 350 lbs. They needed to use counter weights and that can skew numbers. According to him I should be 180-190 for some of my height, 6'3 but I think it's too low. I am aiming for 200-220 some where in that range. Sitting at 311 right now.
  • I am 5'11" and started at 301 last week. Today is my weekly weigh in and down 3 pounds. My goal is to reach between 170-181, which places me at a healthy BMI. Someone here on the board recommended the zig-zag method, which for my first week has helped me drop a few pounds. I have increased my water intake slowly. I have not reached 64 oz. or more per day but I am getting there. I also eat 6 times a day, and walk leisurely every day. Most important, I make sure that I get no less than 8 hours of sleep. I enjoy cooking so I prepare most of my meals here at home. I wish you all well on your weight loss journey. :happy:
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    I'm 5'5" and I started at 245 on MFP. I went with 1,200 calories that MFP set and my goal is 130. So far, 92 lbs are gone, exercise started at 0 and is up to at least 60 minutes a day. My goal is 130 and that hasn't changed.

I look at food differently now--I suppose I have developed new habits over the past 295 days. The scales at the moment are at a solid 153 pounds and the weight is coming off very slowly. I'm encouraged in that I have consistently hit a plateau and have not had the scales "tell" me the weight is coming back, so I just know that once I reach 130, I'll be there for good.

I started at at tight 24 and now am at a loose 10 and ladies that includes suit jackets too. This is the most amazing thing I have ever done for myself, and that includes raising 4 elementary school children and going to college, graduating in 3 1/2 years magna cum laude. My children cannot have been more supportive of my journey as is my husband. Paying attention to food at this stage in my life has given my children (who are all grown up now) the encouragement to pay attention to the foods they are eating while they are in their 20's and maybe just maybe they won't have to deal with obesity the way I did and the way their father has.

Another by-product, my husband has lost 33 lbs only changing his eating habits over the past 4 months.
  • I'm 5ft6.5 & started at 196, and my first goal is 157 :-) I will finally have a 'normal' BMI then! After I've hit that I want to get down to about 140. But we'll see. I was about 12 when I was last at 140 so I have no idea what I'd look like now! :laugh:
  • Hello everyone! I started at 306lbs and now im at 165lbs so i droped 141lbs in 9 mouths and im trying to get down to 150. I started August 8th 2011 right after my last child was born on july 27th. I never seen weight drp so fast and didnt think i can but it was worth the try and i did. what i did is ate all natural foods and took out the salt (soduim), sugars, dairy, and fats. made sure i ate 6 times a day to keep your energy making sure i ate lean protein at every meal. right now i am shaping my body all i have left is my abs and a lil on my back arms so if anyone have any sugestions on tighting them please let me know. Well good luck to everyone and i know you can do it believe.
  • corlas0105
    corlas0105 Posts: 89 Member
    Hello everyone! I started at 306lbs and now im at 165lbs so i droped 141lbs in 9 mouths and im trying to get down to 150. I started August 8th 2011 right after my last child was born on july 27th. I never seen weight drp so fast and didnt think i can but it was worth the try and i did. what i did is ate all natural foods and took out the salt (soduim), sugars, dairy, and fats. made sure i ate 6 times a day to keep your energy making sure i ate lean protein at every meal. right now i am shaping my body all i have left is my abs and a lil on my back arms so if anyone have any sugestions on tighting them please let me know. Well good luck to everyone and i know you can do it believe.

Great job ^^^. I would like some of those suggestions also. I am about 8-10 pounds away from where I would like to be, but am having a LOT of trouble moving the scale right now. And even if I stay at 140, if my abs, tricep area, were toned, I would be happy!!!!!! Most of the posts on here are very encouraging....Keep it UP!!!!!!!
  • The last time I weighed in I was 164.2 and my final goal is 130 and I am 5'7. A lot of women my height stop around 135-140 so I will see how I look once I get to 135-140 if I like the way I look and feel I might stop there.
  • Erika1962
    Erika1962 Posts: 187 Member
    Started at 260 lbs and now at 183 lbs, my goal is to reach the 170's and then take it from there :smile:
  • rubyjune27
    rubyjune27 Posts: 87 Member
    SW: 172
    CW: 146
    GW: 126

I started at 1200 a day but was far too hungry so upped to 1500 a day. I haven't changed my exercise but I already swam 6 days a week and ran 3/4 days a week, as well as walking the dog etc. I have lost 1 lb a week and havent binged once in nearly 6 months which is a record for me. Was a regular binge eater when trying to control my food intake. My success this time is in part due to reading the work of S Troutman Body Improvement & Lyle McDonald, Body Composition. Both of them have written articles/ blogs which have been life changing for me. Found them through MFP which is a site I live.

Good luck to all
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!