What is your favourite meal you've dietified?

Options
wasveganvictoria88
wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
Mine is pizza, I use a tortilla base instead of normal base - makes a whole pizza around 300kcals!

Replies

• mshimel82
    mshimel82 Posts: 2
    Options
    Mine has to be BLTs. We use the Arnold sandwich thins and I found Gwaltney reduced fat bacon. It only has like 60 calories for 3 slices and we cook them in the George Foreman grill.
  • littlefreckle91
    Options
    Me too! They're pretty convincing and a good trade off when you consider a piece of pizza maybe 200-300 cals plus :) I make fries out of sweet potatoes as well. Skinnytaste.com is like my bible of low calorie tasty food :D
  • HarleyQuinnMannequin
    Options
    Mine is taco salads! Precooked tyson fajita chicken tenders heated in a non-stick skillet with some onion and green pepper (and maybe some corn) put on top of a bed of lettuce with some refried beans, salsa, and a little bit of cheese. So good!

Tortilla pizza is good too! And spaghetti squash in place of regular pasta.
  • wasveganvictoria88
    Options
    I've never tried spaghetti squash - does it taste like regular squash?
  • ijiiii
    ijiiii Posts: 61
    Options
    Fruit smoothies.

Instead of fruits, water, and ice for a lame less than 400 calories, I bulk it up. I use milk instead of water, add oats, add fruit, add 2 high carb yogurts, and then the ice. Over 1000 calories for me before I go to bed every night.
  • sezsaaays
    sezsaaays Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Mum's Salmon Bake. Though, all we really did was leave off the mashed potato & cheese topping! But it makes a difference, the serve is still plenty and it's around 250 calories. :)
  • Miss_Chanelle
    Miss_Chanelle Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti Bolognese!!!
    I use soya mince instead of normal mince meat
    and wholewheat spaghetti! only 300cals a (a big) serving for dinner!
  • wasveganvictoria88
    Options
    Fruit smoothies.

Instead of fruits, water, and ice for a lame less than 400 calories, I bulk it up. I use milk instead of water, add oats, add fruit, add 2 high carb yogurts, and then the ice. Over 1000 calories for me before I go to bed every night.

That will definately get you where you want to go :)
  • wrecktechno
    wrecktechno Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    There's a pancake recipe on Men's Health that is really healthy. My ex used to get me to make them for him all the time. Huge big fat things, so filling.
  • heather9987
    Options
    Ice-Cream Sundaes!

We use frozen cool whip (light), sugar free chocolate, and LOTS of fresh fruit!
  • wasveganvictoria88
    Options
    Mum's Salmon Bake. Though, all we really did was leave off the mashed potato & cheese topping! But it makes a difference, the serve is still plenty and it's around 250 calories. :)

I had salmon lasagne a while back and it was the most amazing thing I'd ever tasted...it was loads of cals though...might look into dietifing it :)
  • Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    Options
    Chicken Stir-fry. Use non-stick spray or olive oil to cooked the veggies, then add strips of chicken and just enough low-sodium soy sauce for taste. Delicious :)
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I love tacos so I cook those fairly often. I make mine with turkey ground meat instead of beef and hold the cheese and sour cream. I also do pizza with a wheat crust, hold the cheese and pepperoni and load with vegetables.
  • nancydhu
    nancydhu Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash , when cooked properly, looks like long pasta but it has the taste of squash. Still, it's so much healthier and when you cover it with a good marinara sauce, ti's really yummy.
  • wasveganvictoria88
    Options
    Spaghetti squash , when cooked properly, looks like long pasta but it has the taste of squash. Still, it's so much healthier and when you cover it with a good marinara sauce, ti's really yummy.

I love the taste of squash so this sounds amazing!!
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Mine is probably buffalo chicken fingers and poutine!

I cut up chicken breast and put a bit of breading on it (bread crumbs) and bake them in the over.

I than take some fries, oven bake them and than put gravy and cottage cheese on top. Sounds weird but sooo good!

My others would be pizza (tortilla or pita as the base), tacos (pulled chicken instead of beef, home made shell, tons of veggies)... there are a lot more that I can't think of right now.

I try to make a healthier version of things I love but don't like the calorie counts for.
  • tremilla
    tremilla Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love cereal and milk. Before MFP I didn't realize how much I was actually eating. Also, I've added more baked chicken to my diet.