Rapid weight gain...Is it possible ??

Options
Hello everybody..my name is Tee & new here : )
Looking to lose about 20 lbs & have been modifying
my eating habits & amping up my activity.
BUT my weight is up 3.2 lbs from yesterday.
What am I doing wrong ??
Any help or advice would be most appreciated : )

Replies

• melissaloveshair
    Options
    Expecting Aunt Flo soon? That could cause it.

Sometimes our weight just fluctuates it like that, maybe you had a high sodium day or high sodium past few days.
  • jcperkns
    jcperkns Posts: 109
    Options
    Don't strees, it's just water weight. Should come off in 2-3 days. Make sure you are getting 8+ glasses of water a day and watch your sodium intake,
  • spinedocmfp
    spinedocmfp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    1. it is early, don't expect change overnight.
    2. if you are changing activity levels, your muscles will retain water
    3. your body weight can change by several pounds on a daily basis
    4. the scale is not the best measure of your body changes, don't place all your emphasis on it.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    First off id say since you are new.. measure yourself. my scale moves super slow BUT even weeks it doesnt move i see change in the mirror or on my tape measure :-)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm up 2LBS from yesterday. Here's why: I upped my run by a mile (always happens when I work out harder). I had sushi for lunch. (Oh, and aunt flo is here).

I once skied for 8hours with a heart rate monitor on. I burned about 2,000 extra calories doing bumps. Scale went up 3LBS after that one! And then it went back down.
  • tempestrising
    Options
    Hi & thanks for all the great advice.
    Haha...'Aunt Flo'..never heard that before. Actually just got over it.

So yes you can say I'm stressing just a but. I will make sure I take in enough water today &
    watch the sodium level as well.

Can't wait to go down by the ocean today ..to try to incorporate more running than walking.
    Is it better to walk than run or just start jogging to run??
    Not sure the best way...but I know my body just wants to get moving faster
    I don't want to look like dork who doesn't know what she is doing...ya know the American version of 'Bridget Jones'.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hi & thanks for all the great advice.
    Haha...'Aunt Flo'..never heard that before. Actually just got over it.

So yes you can say I'm stressing just a but. I will make sure I take in enough water today &
    watch the sodium level as well.

Can't wait to go down by the ocean today ..to try to incorporate more running than walking.
    Is it better to walk than run or just start jogging to run??
    Not sure the best way...but I know my body just wants to get moving faster
    I don't want to look like dork who doesn't know what she is doing...ya know the American version of 'Bridget Jones'.
    A few days to a week after Flo leaves is ovulation. I always "gained" 2LBS then too.